Shibi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming this will only be the GBA games since porting them should require little/no work. The DS games would require at least some rework (like the Seal system in DoS) which seems more than what Konami is interested in doing at the moment.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am not going to replay these games but they are generally all great and definitely worth playing if you missed them on the GBA (same for the DS).

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yeah. I was literally saying in a thread earlier today that I wasn't happy with the Castlevania output.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest gaming injustices was going from that to this........🤢

images
I like the DoS designs.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any chance the name isn't final?

I would buy it either way, but I hope it includes the DS games too.

Aria was my first Castlevania and I have lots of fond memories playing it.

rustyra24

Jul 6, 2018
I hope someday we see a 3D collection with 64, Legacy of Darkness, Lament of Innocence and Circle of darkness.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
M2 still hasn't fixed the Pixel Perfect aspect ratio on the Castlevania and Contra collections. It's set to the Genesis' pixel perfect aspect ratio. 😑

May 21, 2021
Symphony Of The Night is on Xbox. I don't see why it can't come to Switch.

Buy Castlevania: SOTN | Xbox

Dracula’s castle has risen again and it’s up to the mysterious Alucard to face Dracula and save the world from his nocturnal embrace. Discover hidden rooms, flight dangerous enemies and equip hundreds of weapons to uncover the secret behind Dracula’s power before it’s too late.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Man this is what I've been wanting would be nice with the DS games as I want to to a run in them all and a ecclessia no hit boss medal run for PS5 and will double dip on switch if it comes in physical there 🙏

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
It's not bad at all, just the music isn't as good as it usually is (though it still has a few great themes)

Juste is the best Belmont too.
Yeah I wanna echo this. HoD I think is too maligned, it's rough around the edges sure, but I don't think it's any worse than CoTM.
It's actually a looker too, just has a horrible rep from being seen with raw pixels so much.
4bIk26P.jpeg

Speaking of, I really hope they can try to do something about the brightness/add an appropriate filter and do something to address the audio quality.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. And actually my personal favorite of the "Advance trio".

Like another said on here awhile back: I agree that Konami Kobe were the ones who best understood Castlevania, as evident from how COTM felt like the best compromise possible between Classic and SOTN-style Castletroid.

Yup, it also has some of my favorite versions of the classic tracks.
Impressed that it had such quality specially compared to the lq soundtrack of hod

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017

Dracula’s castle has risen again and it’s up to the mysterious Alucard to face Dracula and save the world from his nocturnal embrace. Discover hidden rooms, flight dangerous enemies and equip hundreds of weapons to uncover the secret behind Dracula’s power before it’s too late.

My greatest sin as a metroidvania fan is to have never played Symphony of the Night. I don't get why Konami has such disregard for such a beloved series. Specially now with revived interest thanks to the animated Netflix series, its like they hate money or something.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take it. Would like the DS games to be included but maybe that'll be a separate collection.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
Hopefully this sells well and we get the DS titles next. There are rom hacks for DoS which remove all touchscreen stuff and its perfectly playable, better even, so lets doooo it

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
A shame that the DS games would need some reworking because of the touch screen parts, which I could totally do without.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Don't lie to me. Don't lie to me!

Big GBA energy recently with another 2D Metroid, Advance Wars, Warioware, and now potentially this. Would have liked to get the DS games in there too, but what are you gonna do.

I played all three of these, though I never really gave CotM a proper shot. Really liked HoD and never really got the complaints, though Juste's head kind of looking like a little sperm kind of bugged me. Still AoS was the best of the three IMO.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I do hope Golden Sun gets a re-release some day.

I just worry it'll get a remake similar to Advance Wars that makes it 3D and does bad things to the artstyle which is great in Golden Sun 1+2.
It's certainly not ideal, but Golden sun 1&2 are on Wii U VC for $8 each.

Edit: I think Wii U VC even includes manuals.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI

There was an iOS port last year it's actually fantastic