so REX huh

• Dino Crisis confirmed!!!

Votes: 166 50.5%
  • Resident Evil 10 of course

Votes: 95 28.9%
  • are you my brother? are you my brother Rex Racer?

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • REXXX hahaha sex

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • no fucking way we're still in 2017 stop lying

Votes: 23 7.0%

• Total voters

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Hopefully this one has better color contrast options, the RE engine for non resident evil games has been disappointing on that front, especially monster hunter

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to finally play RE4… the way it was meant to be

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Feels stronger than before. Thanks for that.
v6wqtqsiwqx81.png

I like your attitude!!

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
I guess the new graphics engine is to get the most out of the current generation of consoles, right?

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Incredble run for the RE engine and it helped put Capcom back on the map. Here's hoping the REX engine continues it's legacy.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Very curious to see this in action eventually. RE Engine has been amazing.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll see the first games on it late in this generation. Capcom released a mix of MT Framework and RE stuff for a good few years.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Can't wait to see what it's capable of. RE Engine is utterly incredible at indoor environments but quickly starts to fall apart with outdoor environments so hopefully that's an area of improvement.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like its an efficiency upgrade for onboarding new devs.

I do hope they aren't wasting time on a Dino Crisis game and this naming is a coincidence.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be another 5 years in the oven for Pragmata when they shift it to REX Engine

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Exciting times. Watched the video, and it's great they're building upon RE Engine.

Think it's important to point out they are not building a new engine from scratch, if some are confused.

"Rather than building an entirely new engine from scratch, REX will gradually introduce new RE+X technology into the existing RE ENGINE."

Timestamp is 22:10.

OP
OP
Blackbird

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Exciting times. Watched the video, and it's great they're building upon RE Engine.

Think it's important to point out they are not building a new engine from scratch, if some are confused.

Timestamp is 22:10.

there's a quote with better context in the OP, but yeah.

it's like a proper RE Engine 2.0

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The name stands for RE Engine neXt generation.

There was nothing in the video that talked about external licensing, so I dunno where Mr. Okami Games of Twitter is getting that idea.

I guess the new graphics engine is to get the most out of the current generation of consoles, right?

They mention the issues they're trying to solve and what kind of features they're introducing.

F9ZIiFjWQAABcrB

F9ZIjJ4W0AA7SeP

It's gonna be another 5 years in the oven for Pragmata when they shift it to REX Engine

RE Engine is highly backwards compatible, so that wouldn't be necessary. They can backport new features to older games with relatively minimal issues due to how RE Engine works.

I wonder if we'll see the first games on it late in this generation. Capcom released a mix of MT Framework and RE stuff for a good few years.

The presentation mentions that they will gradually introduce REX features into RE Engine, transitioning the engine to the next generation of features over time.

Last edited:

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It was about time. Photogrammetry made those games look realistic, but I personally found them to be pretty ugly. It was appropriate for RE7 due to the setting, but not for the rest. Hopefully this is a vast improvement.

Hopefully this one has better color contrast options, the RE engine for non resident evil games has been disappointing on that front, especially monster hunter
I don't feel like either of these complaints have anything to do with the engine as it is as even the Ghost Trick port is running in it. Just how the devs wanted to make their games.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
That would be amazing if they licensed it out! I want to see a fanmade Parasite Eve or Dino Crisis game. Just change it to Parasite Steve and Dino Dilemma to get around copyright.