Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
don't give this clown a platform, cbc. what the fuck

jesus christ, he got a sad amount of votes and you're giving him national time

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
NDP have power in this government libs will need their help with anything passing
I would want to keep my job in this case if I were Singh

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Ralph (potentially) losing is the biggest loss of this election, in my view. There's not been a more capable man in government this generation.

Yep. I've also met the guy multiple times and he is a genuinely great guy. This is legit sad and angering.

It isn't over, but I just don't see him making up like 2000 votes.

Yeah. NDP seemed to be on the brink of destruction but he pulled it around. I think Singh could do really well in future elections the more people see him.
The counterargument would, I suppose, be that he was also leader when they appeared on the brink of destruction.

However, the NDP is typically not quick to get rid of leaders, and I think it is the case in this campaign that the more people saw of Singh, the more they liked him. I don't see any real advantage to getting rid of him at the moment; there's no obviously better candidate.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Ralph (potentially) losing is the biggest loss of this election, in my view. There's not been a more capable man in government this generation.

The Praries have chosen oil at all costs. I'm not sure how any PM can square the climate change denialism of them with the increasingly environmental consensus of BC/ON/QC?

For the Tories, who depend on the prairies but desperately need more votes in Ontario and BC it feels like an impossible riddle to solve.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think NDP can afford another leadership election anytime soon much less another election.

JinnAxel

Oct 30, 2017
Now that the Conservatives are the latest party to get the popular vote but not win, will they start calling for electoral reform?

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry (not sorry) but the Bloc needs to stay as far from power in this government as possible. I'd rather see Trudeau and the NDP bitch publicly about whatever than see Trudeau go to the Bloc for support.

Now that the Conservatives are the latest party to get the popular vote but not win, will they start calling for electoral reform?
You might see some individual people on the internet, but no, the Conservative leaders are smart enough to know that FPTP generally favours them and it would make no sense for them to want to be rid of it. They kind of just have to take the L on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.