• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
That list is seriously suffering from a heavy dose of sequelitis if you ask me.

This. I'm gonna take a second to think about how fucking stagnant the AAA side of the industry is right now.

I'm kind of excited for Sekiro. Not as excited as I was for Bloodborne but I'm sure it's going to be a solid game, just probably not as innovative as Bloodborne and DS1 were at the time of their respective releases.

I'll pick up RDR2 if the online isn't riddled with game-breaking exploitative microtransactions, so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
In terms of AAA games there's only FH4 and Just Cause 4, I am bothered about may pick up man 2 when it's cheap. Will try the EA games since I have a Premier account. I am interested in RDR2 but as PC only I will wait, was considering buying a PS4 but I can justify the price, as there are loads other AA and indie games to keep me busy.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What about the Spyro remakes??

I don't care about much aside from that and RDR2 this year but there's a lot coming up. Hopefully Fortnite stays fun cuz I'm too poor to get everything I want.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
You left out Darksiders 3 in the OP.

Great time to be alive, I have Spiderman and Im all in on RDR2, Sekiro, DMC5, Darksiders 3, Smash and RE2.

For the rest Ill wait for the reviews and final impressions.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Eh there is only one up there I want maybe 3 others if I'm bored.

AAA Gaming has just moved far away from my taste now.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Give me FO and keep the rest and I'll be happy.

Okay, add RDR.

What a time to be alive

heehofiend

May 13, 2018
Looking at what I want to play which isn't released yet, Resonance of Fate on PC, Katamari Reroll on PC, Onimsuah warlords on PC, Vesperia definitive edition on PS4, Kingdom hearts 3 on PS4, and Caligula Effect Overdose on PS4. Feels like a good time.

Edit: Forgot Valkyria Chronicles 4 on PC, Neptunia VIIR on PC, Disgaea 5 complete on PC, and Killer 7 on PC

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
From that list:

Excited for
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 2
Anthem
Devinl May Cry V

Glancing at with interest
Fallout 76 (for shared world stuff and I skipped 4 so in a FO mood)
SC6
Division 2
Days Gone

That's a lot of games to be interested in in such a short time frame, especially considering I'm playing both Destiny 2 and Fortnite Save The World (more of the former atm) which are both huge time sinks if you get invested.

For people excited for the entire list, I kind of feel sorry for you. How you gonna choose?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Only Pokemon and Spyro at day 1 for me.

I will buy KH3 when I finish all the previous games and Days Gone, RE2 and RDR2 eventually.

Oct 28, 2017
I'll take RE2 and dmc5. this year Valkyria chronicles4, resonance of fate remaster And maybe soul calibur, so not crazy at all.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Interested in at most 5 of those games, waiting for discounts for all but 2 of those. I'll manage.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I agree, next six months sounds really good.

I'm exicted for
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee
Luigi's Mansion
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Days Gone
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLCs

Games that interest me, but I'll buy them at a later time
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Hitman 2
Soul Calibur VI
FIFA 19
Life is Strange 2
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labirynth
Persona: Endless Night Collection
Call of Cthulhu

Last edited:

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Interested in Smash Bros, Resident Evil 2, DMC 5 and Sekiro (so far) from that list. That is too much for my current backlog.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
You forgot Imperator rome, which will is at least for me way morr exciting then everything else.

Oct 26, 2017
And Jump Force is February I saw yesterday. I don't buy fighters but I will make an exception for that one.

Also Life is strange season 2 end of this month.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Just Cause 4 is really something that people will wait for bargain bin price. I won't have included it there.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only interested in 4 (Smash, RE2R, DMC, RDR) of those games listed and I'm probably only going to be picking 2 of them up at launch.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I expect my productivity to seriously dip as I try to keep up with all of this stuff, and I'm not even interested in a bunch of the titles (the big Western games, outside of Hitman 2 and Odyssey).

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I'll only be getting Kingdom Hearts 3 and Devil May Cry V out of OP's list so not crazy at all for me

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Not that crazy imo

I tend to mostly play Japanese games so for me it's looking like

Smash Ultimate day 1
Resident evil 2 & Kingdom hearts ( I might skip re2, and play it later in the year since these games come out so close to each other, I haven't liked any KH games so far ( due to outdated controls ) so I kinda skeptical about this game

Dmcv
Sekiro ( also might wait on this for a price cut )

Gonna rent
Red dead ( never played red dead cause I never had 360/PS3 ) so I don't get the hype behind this game. Looks like GTAv in the 1800s, I never got far in GTAV

And might rent Anthem...might

So yeah only 2 games coming out for the rest of the year for me

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Not including XGP offerings, currently I am only picking up RDR2, Smash and TD2. I really want to get Anthem but there is no way I will have time for it, Destiny and TD2.

Otherwise there is a pretty good chance I will get FO76, KH3 (might have preordered it ages ago at BB) and Sekiro.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Honestly all that list does for me is remind me how stagnant and boring AAA gaming is.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be playing Forza 4 and Crackdown through gamepass. Probably pickup RDR2 when its £20 and not sure about the rest.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
There really isn't that much which interests me. Only title I'll be getting at launch is RDR2

Jakoozie

Nov 3, 2017
How the hell are any of us going to keep up with all of this?

Easy: By not buying most of them. Not much on that list is must buy for me, or even must play. Kingdom Hearts (depending on reviews) and Red Dead are the only two games I know I will get. Maybe Fallout 76 if my GF is interested.

Also, I would advice people to get away from the mindset of "keeping up" with video game releases. Play what you want, when you want to and don't feel like you're missing out.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No Darksiders, no Mechwarrior 5, no Ace Combat.

Go back to the drawing board OP.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Smash Bros will probably take up the little time I have for games ( I have a baby boy due in November).

RE2, RDR2 and Days Gone I really look forward to when I have the time (and a PS4).

Rhoc

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I get three games this year.
Call of Duty "Blackout" (Multiplayer)
Rdr 2 (Singleplayer)
Fallout 76 (Coop with friends)

This should cover all fronts for me till next year and I think all three games are going to be awesome.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's packed for me.

Day One
RDR2
RE2R
DMC5

Eventually
SC6
Warriors Orochi 4
Assassins Creed
Sekiro

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the last 2 months on Switch were crazy. I've been making shopping lists for game purchase intent for over a decade and I've never had this many interesting games releasing during this period, not even close.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
then we have 6-7 months of nothing after that, why do publishers think gamers are going to buy 10 games at once?

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Its a golden age. Switch PC gaming is amazing and loving the massive sales success for single player games sony is having.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
After getting back into The Division in a big way recently I am very much looking forward to the sequel.

My goal is to have a new PC before then to really take advantage of it.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
For me personally there are just a couple on that list that interest me.

Still a bunch of others though. I feel like the surge in game releases has been pretty consistent for me since 2017, even limiting it to what I'm interested in.