Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Just off the top of my head, these are the games I'm excited for from Sept. 2018 - March 2019

Just released
Spider-man
Shadow of the Tomb Raider

This year
Soul Calibur 6
Red Dead Redemption 2
Forza Horizon 4
Call of Duty Black Ops IIII
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Battlefield V
Fallout 76
Pokemon Let's Go
Hitman 2
Super Smash Bros
Just Cause 4

Jan-March 2019
Resident Evil 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Anthem
Dead or Alive 6
Days Gone
Devil May Cry V
Crackdown 3
lol
The Division 2

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but that's an impressive list of well-hyped games coming out in the next six months. How the hell are any of us going to keep up with all of this?

Edit: Games I forgot to list that other people care about.
Super Mario's Party Time
Super Trippy Tetris Effect
Sekiro Shadows Die 2x
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I was just talking to someone about this. Video game heaven right now and through the foreseeable future.

RNGesus

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Shoot beginning of the year is now more of a wallet crusher than Christmas. Better hope you get some cash or giftcards or something from Christmas to get all the games you want

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I tweeted about this earlier. From now to March is nuts. Now just imagine if Sony decides to drop one of their nukes in April or May

Sephirod

Oct 27, 2017
You're missing Dragon Quest XI in the just released list.
I could add Yakuza Kiwami 2 but since it was August, I'll give you a pass for that

Also, for me early 2019 is way more appealing than fall 2018

OP
OP
Coolduderedux

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
How are you all deciding what games you are getting Day 1 and what could wait? I feel like Anthem and the Division could wait a month or two. But DMC and RE2 are definitely launch pickups.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The Tales of Vesperia remaster is beginning of next year as well. Lots of wallets are gonna cry for the next 6 months, that's for sure

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I couldn't be less excited about over half of that list.

Also where the hell is Shadows Die Twice?

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of those games are in genres I don't care for (open world, FPS) so it makes the process a lot easier.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Just off the top of my head, these are the games I'm excited for from Sept. 2018 - March 2019

Jan-March 2019
Resident Evil 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Anthem
Dead or Alive 6
Days Gone
Devil May Cry V
Crackdown 3
lol
The Division 2

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but that's an impressive list of well-hyped games coming out in the next six months. How the hell are any of us going to keep up with all of this?

Totally not 2005 OP :-P

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I'll day 1 anything that's important to me and the squad. Having fun with my team is part of what keeps me sane. I'll also day 1 anything I'm interested that releases on Switch. I like to show devs their time supporting Nintendo's newest isn't in vain.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I'm starting to think that the crazy part of 2018 will be over once Valkyria Chronicles 4 hits. And Mega Man 11 I guess, but I'm not sure how good that turned out to be. After that I don't have any huge titles that I'm waiting for.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'll be getting three of those games. Y'all just gotta be way choosier.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Of all the games listed there, only 3 aren't sequels. That's kinda crazy.

That said, only RDR2, DMCV, and RE2 for me! And I won't be buying any of them day 1 probably.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like we've been saying this for the last few years now. It's been a fantastic generation.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Forget six months. Sep and Oct alone are beyond crazy.

Spider-Man is my game of the gen thus far. Shadow of the Tomb Raider was amazing. Life Is Strange 2 looks great. Forza Horizon 4 looks insane. Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to break records. Heck, I even forgot Assassins Creed Odyssey which looks pretty good.

Insanity.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
So far the main games I'm looking forward to:

RDR2
Smash
RE2
Kingdom Hearts 3

My wallet not going to be crying that much, but it's still going to hurt.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Everyone keep forgetting about Team Sonic Racing, though not surprising the marketing for this game been wack and still no release date apart from 2018, they showed us so little of the game also, i bet it's a rushed game they're trying to make it in 2018 before Christmas but needs to be a 2019 game

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
I decided a few weeks ago that I'm not buying any new games until I finish pretty much all the games on my collection. I had pre ordered forza horizon 4 a while back so will be getting that but I have games that are as good as these lot that I've not even started yet so I'm taking a stand.

It's around 50 games so I'll probably give in but I am going to try.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro, Anthem and Days Gone. Mostly because those aren't well-worn sequels. I'd be more hyped for RDR2 if it wasn't a prequel.

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I need to buy a PS4 in time to play Sekiro. RE2, DMC V and KH3 are others I'm hyped about from the list. Crazy Q1.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Out of those, I'm only interested in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and Hitman 2 (and I've already played Shadow of the Tomb Raider). Then there are some AA/indie games whose release date I'm not sure about right now but yeah, for me it actually won't be that bad.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I don't know, not that much for me. I will probably get Division at some point unless they fuck it up. Red Dead isn't available on the best platform so I have to skip unfortunately, would be really interested otherwise. Latest Hitman was pretty damn good, yet I never bought the full game so Hitman 2 will be bought during a hefty sale at best. I will pick up Smash at some point too, but not in a hurry. Geralt made me hyped about Soul Calibur again, but some designs have soured me on the game a bit. But it's true that a lot of huge AAA titles are coming, but nothing that's "day one" for me personally.

I'm excited about The Walking Dead Final Season (first EP already out though) and Life is Strange 2. These I will pick up during rest of the year. Really interested to see the reception for Bard's Tale, but not my kind of game I think. I pretty much hate dungeons.

Edit: Oh right, next AC does seem interesting too. But really not a fan of the franchise, not that I have much experience with it either. But this (or Origins) will make me give it another chance. Someday.

Last edited: