ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there really no thread for the story trailer? Thought it was pretty superb by COD standards

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Gaming industry is legit one of the few instances where the slippery slope fallacy applies. They never stop pushing even after consumers make concessions and understandings all the fucking time

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh what the fuuuck. Survival mode was great in MW3. :/

... Guess I'm getting the game on PlayStation now instead of PC or Xbox. I think this is the first time that exclusive content has potentially swayed me to one platform over another. I feel played.

You could just not buy it, that way you won't feel "played". You should never feel guilty about your purchase, that's exactly what they are doing with this.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Exclusive until the new game is out and nobody gives a fuck about this anymore. Wow. Why not just keeping it 100% exclusive?

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. This shit is going to keep continuing, huh? I was on the fence about grabbing it, but the decision is much easier now.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft has to regret starting this shit last gen at this point. It's sure come back to bite them in the ass.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Can't say I'm that mad about about this. I sucks, but if this was the price to pay for crossplay maps all being same day. So be it.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Haven't they been for the last 4+ cod games

Why are people still buying these games
Infinite Warfare also let you unlock new weapons via quite easy challenges and if I remember correctly Season Pass holders got new guns immediately while WWII also let you unlock them via Collections (buy a bunch of cosmetic items with an earnable in-game currency, get the gun for free). Only CoD games which have 100% locked new guns behind Supply Drops are Black Ops 3 and Black Ops 4, with Black Ops 4 adding an earnable Ultimate Weapon Bribe which gets you 1 random gun after backlash.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
wow that sucks, the survival mode on MW3 was fun. I didn't even know it was a mode, but me and my friends would enjoy it. Lame

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I heard that Dell bought the rights to Zombies in Black Ops 5. Only PC players with Dell computers will have access until November 2021.

Trickstah

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
This guy has been extremely reliable in regards to CoD leaks. The dev trying to say it's only 1% of the game is truly despicable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf..._everyone_trying_to_justify_being_ripped_off/

v2wzyk3lpmo31.png

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I feel like that dev is insulting his own product by calling survival only 1% of the whole game. If that's the case, why even include it for PS4 users at all?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This type of money-hatting is really gross. Especially because in a year, everyone will move on to the next COD game.

ahuffman

Oct 25, 2017
Yep screw this, I didn't like it from MS last gen and I don't like it any better from Sony. Screw off

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You can't be mad at Sony business is business if it's offered they have to do what's best for their business and offer something special to their consumers.

With that being said Activision is trash for even offering some shit up like that hope it bites them in the ass.
I doubt activision just offered it on a silver platter without any input from sony beforehand

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Super sad because th is is the first call of Duty ice truly enjoyed in Y E A R S. And they're going out of their way to ruin it for everyone else. Between an entire locked mode, loot box weapons, and god knows what else behind a MYX locked arsenal in just sad.

:(

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
They make major strides with cross-play and cross-save and then take a hundred steps back by making an entire game mode exclusive for a year. That's so fucked up.

There's a surprising amount of dissent on Reddit – usually the COD community only cares about stuff that might affect their K/D. I wonder if there's any chance, even like a 1% chance, that if there's enough outcry Sony and Activision could alter the deal. Why not a month of exclusivity? That's still shitty but also really significant.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Saying it's 1% of the game doesn't make any sense. It's a new mode that will most likely have more than 1 map and missions dedicated to it. That's a substantial amount of content no matter how small it is.

Trickstah

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Saying it's 1% of the game doesn't make any sense. It's a new mode that will most likely have more than 1 map and missions dedicated to it. That's a substantial amount of content no matter how small it is.

According to the well known CoD leaker TheGamingRevolution, his source inside Infinity Ward has said it's about 10% of the whole game for that specific mode. Makes you wonder why PC and Xbox players are paying the same price...

Nov 8, 2017
I'd rather play the survival mode than the regular mission spec ops. I'm assuming survival is a horde style mode?

It sucks but it's not enough for me to not want to play at launch.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if the version of the game I was going to buy is missing a mode for a year then you better believe I have no longer have any intent on buying it. This type of business is gross. I was genuinely excited to make this the first COD I buy since BO2. Oh well. I'm out. I won't support this type of money hatting.

Trickstah

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
From what Taylor Kuraski is tweeting. (The Studio Narrative Director at Infinity Ward) It's sounding to me like Sony wanted some sort of offer as apparently there were other offers that make this one not that bad.

My best guess is "want cross-play? Give us some sort of exclusivity."

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Lol that comment cracks me up... rather have 99% now than 100% later?

Why not 100% now?

What is he even suggesting that the game would be delayed without this exclusive deal?

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After playing Call of Duty for over 4 Years in a row I'm really happy that I stopped playing it last year when Black Ops 4 released. I'm playing Fortnite now since Season 6 on the Nintendo Switch :)

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
So, Sony continues this idiotic anti-consumer strategy? For what? They have the highest console install base. Call of Duty will sell more on PS4 than any other platform. This is not only unnecessary, it is egregious.

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
From what Taylor Kuraski is tweeting. (The Studio Narrative Director at Infinity Ward) It's sounding to me like Sony wanted some sort of offer as apparently there were other offers that make this one not that bad.

My best guess is "want cross-play? Give us some sort of exclusivity."

Yep, Scumbag Sony at it again.