• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
bxopWaw.jpg

Here is the issue im having...Some times it loads fine but then some times it just does this max settings everything on i have no clue whats causing this
Are you using an HDD or SSD

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Figured out the messy cutscenes on my end, I turned up the fps for the off-menu stuff to 60fps when it should stay on 30fps.

*edit* nvm it's fucky again
So off-menu has to be put to 60fps? I'll stream my entire campaign playthrough tonight, so I need to try this. Hitching would annoy some viewers, too, I suppose.

EDIT: Fuck, just saw your edit after posting. ._.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So off-menu has to be put to 60fps? I'll stream my entire campaign playthrough tonight, so I need to try this. Hitching would annoy some viewers, too, I suppose.

EDIT: Fuck, just saw your edit after posting. ._.
It's inconsistent for sure, i played an hour and a half, sometimes it's fucky and sometimes it's not.

Definitely needs to be patched. I kept my setting to 30fps for off-menu.

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017
Hmmm. Dont see much difference between raytracing on/off. Shadows are softer with rtx on. Thats pretty much it. Is there a Mission/scene where i notice a big difference?

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this cutscene choppiness is a killer for me. I'm trying to get engrossed in the story but when it's like a bad Kung Fu dubbing cus the audio is out of sync, really saps the heft they are going for.

All maxed at 3440x1440 on my 1080Ti running smooth as butter (sans cutscenes ofc)
Great campaign so far.

Edit: Minor findings, I set the task priority to Realtime and that seems to have smoothed it out a little. Still hitches a little, but no crazy out of sync audio now.

Last edited:

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
GTX 1070, i5-6500, 16GB Ram here.
I had to drop my settings down to medium-high to get 60fps at 1080p.

Wonder if its bad optimization or if my CPU is really just starting to be a bottleneck. Usually I've been able to run most modern games at maximum or a bit under max and get 60fps at 1080p.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or is the LoD (level of detail) super aggressive on the pc build? Im running around in the gun runner map and theres ton of pop ins and textures swap only 4-5 meters away from the object

Last edited:

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
8700k/2080 at 1440p, 60-90 fps maxed out with rtx on. But campaign makes my CPU run hot as fuck so I had to take off the overclock. Also getting the cutscenes hitches people have talked about.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is Battle.net downloading really slowly for anyone else right now? I'm getting 500KB/s on half a gigabit connection.

AndyBNV

NVIDIA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Howdy. My graphics and performance guide for the game is now online: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...rn-warfare-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide/

To the folks above mentioning severe stuttering, try reloading the game and leaving it idle on the main menu - it's here that it pre-builds shaders for all the modes and maps. In my testing, it took up to 20 minutes for absolutely everything to be built, and then it never needed to do it again.

Also, you definitely want the very latest NVIDIA driver installed, and the game will happily max out all your tech, so high overclocks could potentially cause instability if you haven't got sufficient cooling for constant OC operation.

Oct 28, 2017
Howdy. My graphics and performance guide for the game is now online: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...rn-warfare-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide/

To the folks above mentioning severe stuttering, try reloading the game and leaving it idle on the main menu - it's here that it pre-builds shaders for all the modes and maps. In my testing, it took up to 20 minutes for absolutely everything to be built, and then it never needed to do it again.

Also, you definitely want the very latest NVIDIA driver installed, and the game will happily max out all your tech, so high overclocks could potentially cause instability if you haven't got sufficient cooling for constant OC operation.

Beautiful. My afternoon is now going to be spent clicking back and forth obsessively on screenshot comparisons.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Hmmm. Dont see much difference between raytracing on/off. Shadows are softer with rtx on. Thats pretty much it. Is there a Mission/scene where i notice a big difference?
You should be seeing a big difference in small detail shadows. Like stuff that normally would be ignored by regular maps. Check the guide above for comparisons.

Aw yeah, this guide saves the day honestly with me being able to find zero RTX on/off comparisons online. Raytraced shadows make a massive difference here. Plenty of small detail shadows, issues with traditional shadow maps fixed and just in general nicer looking shadows with variable penumbra. And just a 20% performance penalty. Really nice.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Anybody else getting low poly models and maps when everything is maxed out? I've tried changing every graphic setting and it always looks like it's on ultra low. However in Spec Ops everything works perfectly, it's just campaign and MP that has this bug.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Getting stuttering in the mission Hunting Party now. Gonna do the rebuild shaders thing and see how that goes, maybe switch to NVCP vsync instead of the in-game solution

Aaaaaand now a "fatal error" crash

Last edited:

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Getting massive stuttering on cutscenes. Latest nvidia drivers installed. Have also reinstalled the shaders. What a shitshow

exodus

Oct 25, 2017

Fantastic guide and finally a good showcase/comparison for Ray Tracing. The increase in realism is mind boggling to me. The performance hit is also fairly minor considering the increase in quality.

These are easily the best shadows I've ever seen in any game. Nothing else comes even close.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
After playing around with a bunch of RTX titles over the past week, CoD has made me realize that ray traced shadows is where we should be moving. Ray traced reflection are far more computationally demanding and provide a lesser overall benefit that these shadows have.

Nardonicus

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also getting the major stuttering during cinematics. Sucks man...it is really making it hard to get fully into the campaign.

Has anyone figured out a good fix yet?

Oct 27, 2017
I still remember TotalBiscuits video of Moder Warfare 3 slamming the game for having too little graphic options on PC. How times have changed.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Getting massive stuttering on cutscenes. Latest nvidia drivers installed. Have also reinstalled the shaders. What a shitshow
I'm also getting the major stuttering during cinematics. Sucks man...it is really making it hard to get fully into the campaign.

Has anyone figured out a good fix yet?
Me too and I'm probably wrong but I think it's the fact the game is always online. I replayed the cutscenes in the main menu and I got zero stuttering.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Me too and I'm probably wrong but I think it's the fact the game is always online. I replayed the cutscenes in the main menu and I got zero stuttering.
I think it may be something involving the shaders installing. I installed them from the main menu, but just before one of the cutscenes the same symbol that indicated they were installing popped up on the left side of my screen, and that particular cutscene was stuttery as hell. Could be wrong though

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
I think it may be something involving the shaders installing. I installed them from the main menu, but just before one of the cutscenes the same symbol that indicated they were installing popped up on the left side of my screen, and that particular cutscene was stuttery as hell. Could be wrong though
You're probably right tbh

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
Figured out HDR, you have to have it activated in Windows.

I'm also getting the cutscene stuttering. Other than that performance is great.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Now I'm getting constant texture flickering In the 3rd mission. I think I should just go with the ps4 version at this point

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having some weird issues where if it's in full screen discord gets all messed up, and the framerate stutters that make the whole pc freak out every once in a while. It crashed during one of those once. I have a decent rig (2070 super, i5 7600k, 16 gigs of relatevely fast ram). Only fix I could find online was capping the fps? I'll try it when I get home I guess.

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
There is. Enable HDR in Windows first. Some games you dont have to do this, but looks like you need to for MW. It will give you two calibration screens in HDR , one for black level, and one for brightness.
Worked, thanks.

Had to adjust the HDR calibration settings quite a bit, usually they are fine default on my X27.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else getting low poly models and maps when everything is maxed out? I've tried changing every graphic setting and it always looks like it's on ultra low. However in Spec Ops everything works perfectly, it's just campaign and MP that has this bug.

I wonder if I was experiencing this...I had everything maxed at 4k including RTX on, and I kept saying something seems..."off" with the overall picture.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Is it me or is the LoD (level of detail) super aggressive on the pc build? Im running around in the gun runner map and theres ton of pop ins and textures swap only 4-5 meters away from the object

Every gen this happens, Consoles age & they make LODs more aggressive to keep pushing visuals, PC is affected by this a lot. The Outer World's is pretty bad also in this respect.
It's pretty funny Dying Light early on this gen showed that with a high end PC you can have stupidly high LOD, almost flawless, but devs just don't include the option.

DaCocoBrova

Oct 27, 2017
So, people playing this off of SSDs still experience FMV stutter? Why do they even still use FMV in games these days?

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Had a 10sec freeze in a cutscene. Thought my whole PC had locked up. Running off a SSD so was surprised the canned video froze.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is ray tracing actually working? Because I'm getting higher frame rates than expected.

RTX 2070
I7 7700k
16GB ram

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have HDR on PC? How's the implementation if so?

Yes. No complaints from me. But Ive played it in HDR since I installed it. Dont have a reference for how it looks with HDR off.

Is ray tracing actually working? Because I'm getting higher frame rates than expected.

RTX 2070
I7 7700k
16GB ram

If you've got it toggled on in the menu, then yeah. It's only doing shadows, it's not going all out like Control. Relatively inexpensive performance cost with it on.