KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
The game has crashed on me two times now. Once before I could even get in to the game, and a second in the lobby. Is this a common thing with this beta?

I'm on pc btw.

Oct 25, 2017
Quote to reveal your codes hombres! Also thanks for sharing, this game wasn't on my radar but hearing some good things I might give the beta a shot if I manage to get a code!

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
So use a concussion. Or any other equipment that's far more common than level 3 armour. Or hell just better positioning.
bro you dont get it, like, at all

it doesnt matter what position you're in, I have used concussion nades and ambushed, had better positioning, had high ground, etc. If you engage in a gunfight at the end stages of a match theres rarely a lot of places to go so it comes down to a 1v1 gunfight, which you will lose more often than not against lvl 3 armor.

Its not impossible, ive done it before, but damn its frustrating and unnecessary.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Is there like a trailer out there showing me what the game comes with? I've heard it comes with three big modes, which are these? Blackout (BR), Multiplayer and Zombies?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of concussions, the 9-Bang is bullshit.

Get hit with one and you can expect to die. Cant go prone, run, or hipfire the gun, and when you get with all 9 you may as well say your prayers.

That shit needs to be capped at max 1, and be a rare item. It's too common. Same with clusters. Getting cluster kills feels dirty to me. I know 9-Bang has a counter, but 9 bang is too frequently carried

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else having problems identifying weapons outside of ammo type? Maybe I'm just not used to Black Ops weapons (I did play the other games a bit). Pubg uses real weapons, and fortnite has the basic 'shotgun' 'smg' etc. I just can't tell what guns might be better without picking them up and running with em for a bit. A newbie problem really, I'm just not a fan of the generic weapon names.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Looting is horrendous. Needs a a complete overhaul before release.

Also the game is a mess on Xbox. Everytime I open the guide the game freezes and requires a restart.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else having problems identifying weapons outside of ammo type? Maybe I'm just not used to Black Ops weapons (I did play the other games a bit). Pubg uses real weapons, and fortnite has the basic 'shotgun' 'smg' etc. I just can't tell what guns might be better without picking them up and running with em for a bit. A newbie problem really, I'm just not a fan of the generic weapon names.

The weapons are hard to distinguish, yes. And I want to inspect them. I really love the weapons/weapon designs in WWII.. it's hard going to BOIIII.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I'm quite liking Blackout but I've been playing alot of Pubg and the matches feel like they are running in fast forward a bit.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The weapons are very hard to read for me. I haven't played cod since 4 and the models don't really translate to function.

Stuff like an uzi equivalent looks very bulky and there's a shotgun that looks like an smg and other weapons that look like shotguns.

It's fun though. I'm just very bad at it. Wish I could use the wing suit from even smaller heights. And for the game to be slightly less fast.

It's not going to be an esports game that's for sure though. And fine.
No matter the circle, you only lose 1 health a second when you are out of it. You can loot as long as you want, theres enough health to provide you for ever in there.

And some gimmicks could easily be too useful to tip the scales for high level players.

But hell, it's very good optimized fun on pc. I like it more than fortnite and it seems like a good alternative to a more tactical pubg.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm impressed with the gameplay. Game runs so smooth most of the time. However, there is one thing that I feel will keep me from dropping PUBG and switching to this game as my online game of choice. That is the directional sound design. I can hear the the horizontal sound direction just fine, but where PUBG excels and COD fails miserably is the vertical sound design. I was on a middle floor at Construction and I couldn't tell if the enemy was above or below me. It literally sounded like they were on the same floor with me, but they clearly wasn't (they were below). PUBG (and even Fortnite if I remember correctly) adjusts the sounds you hear based on whether they are above/below you. Traditionally, this really didn't matter a whole lot for Call of Duty, given their how matches typically played out. That's also why I don't see them changing/fixing this at all if any time soon.

Before anyone blasts me for using mono sound or something ridiculous. I have a pretty nice surround system and have speakers all around (even above me) and don't have this issue in other games. I think I took for granted how well PUBG does their sound model. I can pinpoint where sound is coming from on all axis's.

It's a shame really, because I'm enjoying the gameplay so much. However, sound matters and I feel they fall way too short in this area. Not hyperbole, but not sure I'll be keeping my preorder or will recommend this to my friends I play with regularly on PUBG that didn't get into the beta. I'll keep playing this weekend, but I'm a little bummed. Wanted this game to take me away from PUBG. I was ready.

Racos

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, just played my first match and got first place in solo. Don't really like any other battle royale games but this was fun cause of the tight cod controls. Graphics on X were not that great though.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
They have a lot of changes to make to keep me interested. Health and armor needs to be completely overhauled. Probably just level one armor and maybe level 2 and extend the cast time on all healing items by a lot. Color code weapons and maybe remove some similar guns to simplify looting and identifying weapons. Looting needs to be redone, change reload to hold X and everything else to tap X, and have both weapons shown in the inventory at all times to quickly swap attachments. Sound is terrible in the game and has to be fixed before launch.

They might have something if they can make those changes, but right now it's vaguely like PUBG but with a lot less thought put into the design. Game is also pretty laggy at times with players teleporting around, framerate dips aren't uncommon, and PUBG looks a lot better overall while Blackout obviously had some money thrown at its art assets to give the map more variety which is nice.

Oct 25, 2017
I also want to add that the sounds themselves (running on different surfaces, guns...etc) are all great. My only issue is how they handle the directional sound (specifically the vertical sound design).

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just spoiled by PUBG in how they distort the sound based on whether someone is above/below you?

Makes such a difference when defending/breaching a location that has multiple floors.

TheSonofBM

May 19, 2018
I also want to add that the sounds themselves (running on different surfaces, guns...etc) are all great. My only issue is how they handle the directional sound (specifically the vertical sound design).

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just spoiled by PUBG in how they distort the sound based on whether someone is above/below you?

Makes such a difference when defending/breaching a location that has multiple floors.
It's a known issue and they are going to address it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
The weapons are hard to distinguish, yes. And I want to inspect them. I really love the weapons/weapon designs in WWII.. it's hard going to BOIIII.

See, this is why it makes sense for Activision to just release a new $60 BR game next year instead of making this its own thing.

Imagine the hype when Infinity Ward releases Modern Warfare Battle Royale with all the locations from COD4, MW2, MW3 with the absolutely recognizable classic weapons and attachments we've come to expect.

I know we have the BO4 MP, but I do wish they'd have utilized the weaponry of BO2 or BO3. The guns they have in this game still feel really unrecognizable even after playing the MP beta.

Oct 29, 2017
Played 2 quad games with randoms on XBX so far and boy... it's fun! Definitely glad, need to add some folks from here to play with, no ones be chatty so far.

Semi random question - As a Pro and XBX owner, I've been kinda scattering my FPS purchases, but with the X Enhanced versions, I've went that route more and more. Problem is... controls feel loose to me? Never had that with the OG or 360, and it's not every game. Overwatch feels fine regardless. But some FPS, like this one, feel like it's harder to aim and track, like it's not as tight as the Dualshock. Am I just weird or does anyone else feel this way? Do the aim sticks you can click onto the analogs of the XB controller help at all?

TheSonofBM

May 19, 2018

Yup. Especially since some of the names are random numbers and letters. It makes the first 20-30 matches tough.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So anyone on PC here who would like to join up?
I got a headset if you prefer to communicate.

Last edited:

TheSonofBM

May 19, 2018
Source? I did a few google searches, but didn't find anything. If they can fix this, I'm in.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9ftx96/day_5_xbox_one_pc_live_new_blackout_beta_updates/

• Audio Occlusion (AKA: Spatial Audio):We discovered and are fixing a critical bug where a player's environment does not properly impact in-game sounds. This is why, for example, someone directly above or below the player can sound so much louder than expected. When the game is released, footsteps will be properly impacted by walls, floors, ceilings, and other objects in the world.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9ftx96/day_5_xbox_one_pc_live_new_blackout_beta_updates/

• Audio Occlusion (AKA: Spatial Audio):We discovered and are fixing a critical bug where a player's environment does not properly impact in-game sounds. This is why, for example, someone directly above or below the player can sound so much louder than expected. When the game is released, footsteps will be properly impacted by walls, floors, ceilings, and other objects in the world.
That seems like barriers muffling sound rather than directional audio.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of concussions, the 9-Bang is bullshit.

Get hit with one and you can expect to die. Cant go prone, run, or hipfire the gun, and when you get with all 9 you may as well say your prayers.

That shit needs to be capped at max 1, and be a rare item. It's too common. Same with clusters. Getting cluster kills feels dirty to me. I know 9-Bang has a counter, but 9 bang is too frequently carried

Yeah that shit is rough. Idk whose idea this was but being stuck in animation is shit. I don't remember the old CoDs doing that when you're concussed or blinded.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
They have a lot of changes to make to keep me interested. Health and armor needs to be completely overhauled. Probably just level one armor and maybe level 2 and extend the cast time on all healing items by a lot. Color code weapons and maybe remove some similar guns to simplify looting and identifying weapons. Looting needs to be redone, change reload to hold X and everything else to tap X, and have both weapons shown in the inventory at all times to quickly swap attachments. Sound is terrible in the game and has to be fixed before launch.

They might have something if they can make those changes, but right now it's vaguely like PUBG but with a lot less thought put into the design. Game is also pretty laggy at times with players teleporting around, framerate dips aren't uncommon, and PUBG looks a lot better overall while Blackout obviously had some money thrown at its art assets to give the map more variety which is nice.

I pretty much came to post the same thing. There's no reason not to show at least both weapons on the inventory screen with all of that empty space. Perhaps it'll be used for something in the full version. Armor is also ridiculously overpowered. I shouldn't unload a clip on someone at close range and still die. That should never happen in this type of game.

If necessary changes are made, and I'm sure they will be, there could be a pretty good game here. At the same time though, why not just play PUBG? Everything is so satisfying in that game. So far, this game hasn't brought anything new that I must have and will keep playing for.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Zombies characters are now playable and there's a new LTM called Close Quarters Frenzy. SMGs, shotguns and pistols only with a faster collapse speed, duos.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they add a mode with no armor I'll be more inclined to pick it up.

How I feel as well. The first aid items could be tweaked as well because healing while running goes a LONG way (it makes me wish Fortnite did it and it's honestly my favorite feature lol).

Maybe lower the amount you can carry at once, or even lower the amount of HP healed. I mean I outran the storm from Nuketown to the edge of Rivertown with relative ease thanks to how many you carry/how much it heals you while sprinting.

I'm still confused about being revived at 100 health, too. They should be picked back up with no more than half health.

Deleted member 22070

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh no, no no no please not again : game crashes to desktop, no message, nothing. Just like the BFV beta. Jesus it's so fucking annoying how am I supposed to test anything if I can't even play the damn thing. :'(

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried Blackout on PC for the first time. Its meh...its not bad..but its not great. I had a little more hopes for it, but in the end its still call of duty; it plays way too fast..there is too much loot..its not really a battle royale game. If this is someones first and only experience with a battle royale game I feel like they are getting ripped off. That being said, its a good time waster and appeared to have no learning curve at all and ran pretty good on the PC for a beta. You can sprint and heal at the same time too which is silly.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018

- Only problem is level 3 armor. 1 and 2 are fine.

- I love that fact you can heal and move at the same time. This game is so mobile and it makes it different from pubg. I hope they don't change it

- You will learn what weapon to use after a while. It doesn't really take that long to learn it.

- Looting was also wierd first, but you get hang of it after a while. Only change I want is, that I don't need to look at the loot. Should be enough that l stand top of it or close to it.

- Only problem with sounds are vertical (being fixed) and vehicle sounds. Other than that, they are great and it is easy to hear where people are.

- Pubg might be looking better on PC, but in consoles COD wins and it is also closer to 60 fps. And in PC everyone turn the graphics down to see other players better.

- Haven't notice any lag on PS4. Maybe it is problem with Xbox?

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
What's up with the trees being all blocky and glitchy?
Game runs smooth for the rest so far, some lag here and there.
Except my GPU temp being 87 °C, seems pretty high.