• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
How do i pull out the glider

Iz it bugged? Ive sprinted and held jump numerous times and just faceplant
It has to be a certain height. I've done it off the construction building and the dam. WHen you jump, don't let go of X. Press and Hold to deploy.

I really dislike the time to kill. It's too short for a BR game. The game is basically about which player sees the other first.

That's what the armor is for.

Oct 25, 2017
I just had the most amazing victory

Ran with randoms in a party

They were beastly

But they all died in the finals and it was me vs 2. I sniped a dude and his buddy hung behind a tree

It was a tense 2 minutes of waiting for this guy to peek.

His buddy slowly inched towards that tree and I actually missed. I had to rush them both and I just spammed everything I had in my equipment

Managed to LMG the last dude and grenaded the guy who was initially down

Absolutely exhilarating

Those final moments. The last like top 10 is always tense as fuck to me.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
Was able to get in the top 5 Solo a few times; I'm feeling rather proud of myself :3. Also managed to get Three kills in a playing.

kaf

Technical Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Some feedback if you care:
Looting: my personal opinion is looting isn't the best in this game. You really don't know what gun is better and there are is to much loot. I feel like instead of killing the guy I can just loot the next building and find the same weapon he has. Make the better stuff a little more rare.
I'm not sure what the daily plans are for the beta, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some tweaks to item distribution and rarity as we get a better idea of what people are using or how often items are picked up

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for response!

It would be really appreciated if one were to be included. It would strengthen the trend of console versions receiving one, and maybe some day it'll be a default option on all systems :D With a proper warning, of course.

You would be in good company :)

Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Shadow Warrior
Doom
Killing Floor 2
The Witness
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Borderlands Handsome Collection
Rocket League
Battlefield 1
Battlefield V
Titanfall 2
GTA V
Warframe
No Man's Sky
Elder Scrolls Online

And a few more I'm forgetting

Anyway, thanks again!

Doubtful but someone check anyway!
Yeah, I'd love to have FoV slider on consoles, would easily make me purchase the PS4 version of the game despite being on PC (not very good with KB+M).

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what the daily plans are for the beta, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some tweaks to item distribution and rarity as we get a better idea of what people are using or how often items are picked up

Lots of ideas I see for it:

Tap heal to quick switch heal items

Tap R1 to switch grenades

Or use dpad. Im sure u guys will get it

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
I activated my code for PC on Monday already but did not get a code for battle.net.
Is that normal? My PS4 code is showing up just fine.

PC only says: "You have already redeemed a code for Battle.net" but no code like on ps4.
Anyone else has the issue?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think we'll ever see this game properly deal with head glitching? Now that its a br game id love to see the battlefield fix where bullets come from the barrel

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Also I feel like they should just copy the armour from PUBG completely and give us level 1 and 2 helmets

Reduce the armour protection overall to make up for it, and make level 3 helmets supply drop exclusive and have it survive a single sniper headshot

Or do u guys prefer level 1 and 2 the way it is?

I feel like level 3 will be a lot better when it gets made a supply drop exclusive

Also, I agree with the poster above that the powerful weapons should not spawn as floor loot or even chest loot

Way too easy to land in a quiet spot and find a golden gun, which should feel like a much bigger deal to find

Oct 30, 2017
Wtf dont they turn team kill off. Do they really think their community of players is somehow going to show more maturity than other games? Why would you even have it on to begin with. Couldn't even make it through a squad match because of the ridiculous team members all being assholes together. Ruined squads for me.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf dont they turn team kill off. Do they really think their community of players is somehow going to show more maturity than other games? Why would you even have it on to begin with. Couldn't even make it through a squad match because of the ridiculous team members all being assholes together. Ruined squads for me.

Friendly fire is really necessary in br mode

Without it, a huge part of the strategy and tactics is gone

Ive not been teamkilled yet. The community seems far better than fortnites. You're going to get some tk'ers but treyarch intends to be on top of it

Im surprised how good the community has been

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I just had a draw, both myself and the other person left died at the exact same time shooting each other in an impossibly tiny circle. It said on screen that I came first but the VO done the usual thing it does when you die and it said DRAW on screen. Never drew a BR game until now, didn't even know it was possible.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I activated my code for PC on Monday already but did not get a code for battle.net.
Is that normal? My PS4 code is showing up just fine.

PC only says: "You have already redeemed a code for Battle.net" but no code like on ps4.
Anyone else has the issue?

I wonder does anyone know how to get PC codes yet...
All I have heard from friends is same, no code for anyone.
I tried cod site again and I also get that I already redeemed code.

Guess we just have to wait and see.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im a bit scared of this line "Private Beta pre-order offer does not apply to PC platform version"

Does that mean pc players can play only at saturday? Not friday with preorder codes?

Oct 25, 2017
Really need an option to turn the announcer guy off because the setting for it in the menu does nothing.

The man is actually starting to piss me off now. It's hard enough to hear footsteps as it is.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
god dammit... just placed 3rd, but could've been better. I had a clear shot on one of the guys but instead of taking the time, I just pulled the trigger and he got me :(

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Lots of ideas I see for it:

Tap heal to quick switch heal items

Tap R1 to switch grenades

Or use dpad. Im sure u guys will get it

This is good. I would love this

It would also be nice to just tap button for loot, instead of that little hold. And if possible make it so you don't have to look at the loot. Just stand top of it

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
For a person who played PUBG around 300 hours on PC, Blackout is an amazing experience ! I was on the CoD hate club before i tried the beta but now i see that i was wrong.

Tarnpanzer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany

PS4 uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest resolution found being 960x1080 and the highest resolution found being 1920x1080.

PS4 Pro, when outputting at 2160p, uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being 960x1800 and the highest native resolution found being 1920x2160. Also, when outputting at 2160p, the PS4 Pro uses a temporal reconstruction technique that can improve the resolution for parts of the frame that are similar to previous frames. Via the temporal reconstruction technique the PS4 Pro can reach a pixel count of 3840x2160 but this resolution seems to be very rarely reached. The PS4 Pro does not downsample when outputting at 1080p and instead seems to render natively at 1920x1080.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

This seems in line with what I've been feeling on the base PS4. Always in the 40s or 50s. Totally playable and, as someone who also enjoys PUBG on PC and console, I'm fine with it. It's a great achievement. You feel the resolution drops though. Gets *real* blurry at times. Feel like Pro/X owners are gonna be at a solid advantage in this.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
That's bullshit then I gotta wait hours for it to download

Yes. That's what everyone in the PS4 beta had to do. A bit easier with that one because it's on for so much longer. But basically, PS4 codes finally started showing up on the callofduty/beta site about 20 mins after the beta launched.

Have a second one registered for the Xbox beta so we'll see. But wouldn't expect it until Friday whenever it launches (evening UK time?)

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Friendly fire is really necessary in br mode

Without it, a huge part of the strategy and tactics is gone

Ive not been teamkilled yet. The community seems far better than fortnites. You're going to get some tk'ers but treyarch intends to be on top of it

Im surprised how good the community has been

Not a single word I agree with. It's waaay to early to start praising a COD community btw....