• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
If you think they aren't going to sell Blackout maps then you are delusional

They could just take the Fortnite route and make map updates. Though Id rather they add new maps entirely, especially with new biomes. but that would require putting in more resources than I think Activision would care to. I still dont know how much they intend to commit to Blackout

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I think they'll make maps free but sell loot boxes for cosmetics. Unless they do a BR pass like the other games have so far done.

Honestly in the current climate you have to image there is way more money to be made from loot boxes than putting maps behind a paywall. Especially in something where you need 100 players you can't get away with it as easily.

Nov 16, 2017
Lowkey one of the most underrated features that I haven't heard talked about is how the game handles the cargo truck. Being able to vault onto the back without needing to sit a stationary seat is amazing. I was playing a triple with my friends and it was just my two friends left and they were near the bend in the river south of Rivertown. My one friend was on the hill next to the road and shot a guy and killed them while my other friend drove up to the bottom of the hill and my one friend jumped off the hill into the back of the truck and drove off. It was so cool.

You can do this in the dingy too. Just hop on in.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no... I just know every cod fan is going to prefer this but i really enjoy the slow pace

Hope it isnt too fast

I've got this pre-ordered, but the push/pull from pubg and cod players is going to make this a strange mode, I think.

I want it slower, with a lot of tension and tactical battles that mean something (higher TTK). Looting and finding a good AR is part of the fun. I can already tell a lot of CoD players aren't happy with the slower pace of play and time to loot, etc.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I know 99% are gonna disagree with me because of how harsh it is, but for the final release anyone who teamkills for any reason other than self defense should just be permabanned or put in a lobby with other assholes. People who play just to troll and piss off others just shouldn't be allowed to play at all as far as I'm concerned.

Oct 25, 2017
I've got this pre-ordered, but the push/pull from pubg and cod players is going to make this a strange mode, I think.

I want it slower, with a lot of tension and tactical battles that mean something (higher TTK). Looting and finding a good AR is part of the fun. I can already tell a lot of CoD players aren't happy with the slower pace of play and time to loot, etc.

Yea it's a mode that will constantly be changed. I personally like it slower as I feel it makes matches a bit more tense. Faster just means more players will be forced to fight early on and the game will end quicker.

IMO BR shines with the slower moments as well. Allowing you time to loot.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Surprisingly a lot of fun. No real complaints, aside from too many "hold button to perform action" situations. It can make inventory management quite a chore.

Haven't even had an issue with the footstep sounds, whereas I thought they were terrible in the regular multiplayer. Using Sony Platinums. The perk that boosts your hearing boosts it to an insane degree. I was hearing footsteps 200 feet out.

Grailly

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
I know 99% are gonna disagree with me because of how harsh it is, but for the final release anyone who teamkills for any reason other than self defense should just be permabanned or put in a lobby with other assholes. People who play just to troll and piss off others just shouldn't be allowed to play at all as far as I'm concerned.
You haven't played enough yet if you haven't killed an ally by accident

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Please teyarch, dont make fast collapse the norm

Its fun but totally kills off what i enjoy in BR

But with any luck, I assume the game can support both modes

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I did and it says "you've already redeemed a code for Xbox..." But doesn't actually give me a code.. my other account is a psn account and it says the same thing but then lists 4 psn codes

Yep, same. But my PlayStation code said that too until the actually beta went live. The Xbox code should pop up on Friday

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Please teyarch, dont make fast collapse the norm

Its fun but totally kills off what i enjoy in BR

But with any luck, I assume the game can support both modes

It seems like it goes way too far in its changes for them to be considering to make them the new norm. Although I feel like the regular game could benefit with shaving off 2 or so minutes for the overall game time (Largely taking the time away from the pretty slow and not very significant 2nd and 3rd circles) the new mode goes way too far, to the point where if you're not in the first circle you have only a minute or two before you need to start looking for a vehicle, and it makes dropping anywhere that's not near the center of the map completely non-viable because you won't have the time to actually get anything if the circle doesn't spawn on top of you. Looking on Reddit a lot of people enjoy the mode but also don't want it to become the new standard either.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like it goes way too far in its changes for them to be considering to make them the new norm. Although I feel like the regular game could benefit with shaving off 2 or so minutes for the overall game time (Largely taking the time away from the pretty slow and not very significant 2nd and 3rd circles) the new mode goes way too far, to the point where if you're not in the first circle you have only a minute or two before you need to start looking for a vehicle, and it makes dropping anywhere that's not near the center of the map completely non-viable because you won't have the time to actually get anything if the circle doesn't spawn on top of you. Looking on Reddit a lot of people enjoy the mode but also don't want it to become the new standard either.

Yeah Im sure they enjoy the original mode but wanted something more cod-like to try

I hope they commit to the original version because its perfect to me

Wouldnt mind adjusting 2 or so minutes off the original mode

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Does somebody knows how to reinstall the Xbox Beta? I deleted it but I still want to try out the Blackout Beta. Can't find any option to reinstall.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If there is leveling then there gotta be something else otherwise it would be pointless.

I was assuming it might unlock the different characters? All the Black Ops characters and the different guys from the main multiplayer mode.

Also, what about playing it for fun? Don't stress about progression.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
It's extremely fast. Played 2 matches, it both i was forced to find a vehicle in order to outrun the circle.
I was just thinking after I played a couple nights ago, that the circles need to be faster and more dangerous. As it was, even in the later circles you could easily outrun the circle, and vehicles were pretty much pointless if you didnt need them to escape the circle. I was thinking I preferred H1Z1 in that you need to search and manage your vehicles to be able to make it to the final round. otherwise it sort of just felt like COD on a large map.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is the fastest/easiest way to get a code? Preorder through PSN store, Amazon, etc? I'm planning on going digital either way.

EDIT: I see now PSN immediately allows you to download the beta, no code necessary!

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I've been telling myself since Monday that I'd only play a few matches to get a feel for the mode and then I'd wait until the full release but I keep firing it up to get a few rounds in, I feel like this is going to really get it's hooks in me when the full release comes around.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Are the windows somehow bugged? Sometimes it feels like windows block the first bullet, like it destroys the window, but if there is enemy behind that window it doesn't take damage from that first bullet that goes thru the window.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fast Collapse isn't a good idea. The map is already very small, it just forces the game to end quicker.

You can almost get to the furthest points on the map wherever you decide to jump from.

It doesn't feel epic enough. I thought a studio as big as Treyarch with the support of Activision would be able to deliver a huge Battle Royale experience but PUBG(on pc at least) is the only one that delivers a truly memorable Battle Royale experience.

Don't get me wrong I'm still enjoying this and it feels nicr to play but it's a far cry from what i was expecting.

Last edited: