arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I am excited to try on PC. Usually COD games run pretty well for me, but they are usually small corridor maps so I will have to see.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Looks like enemies could have a little too much health. Doc just put a sniper shot to someone's body and a few more followup shots and they didn't go down

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
feels pretty good so far and yes the graphics look a bit toned down especially when you look at the far off objects like hills/buildings

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Better than this on a PS4 Pro.

Please have a look at how PUBG looks and runs on Xbox One X, a more powerful console than Pro...this is totally fine
I especially don't find anything wrong with the last screenshot except that it's blurry which is likely due to it being a twitter screenshot and not native feed.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, got #1 on my first game.

But they should double or triple the magazine capacity. You run out of bullets way too fast.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
1gRha13.jpg

Big.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pro footage already looks good. PC will look amazing.

Still shitty PS4 gets 4 early days with the Beta.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
Graphics are fine. The fact that this runs on console at 60fps with 80 players is pretty outstanding.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is there no open beta on PS4? Just for preorders?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Please have a look at how PUBG looks and runs on Xbox One X, a more powerful console than Pro...this is totally fine
I especially don't find anything wrong with the last screenshot except that it's blurry which is likely due to it being a twitter screenshot and not native feed.
PUBG being atrocious is hardly a fair comparison, that's a special kind of awful. But still, I just think if you're going to have to make cutbacks like this, the art design of the map should maybe use vivid colors or do something to compensate for the poor texture and image quality. Fortnite does this well for example.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I think ultimately the usage of MP maps to make up a bunch of the locales on the map is a really good one. Instead of a bunch of copy and pasted houses, it really feels like unique locations which helps a lot for remembering the map.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The generic buildings are pretty well realized in terms of detail, furniture, paintings, etc.

Edit:
Crashed.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
PUBG being atrocious is hardly a fair comparison, that's a special kind of awful. But still, I just think if you're going to have to make cut backs like this, the art design of the map should maybe use vivid colors or do something to compensate for the poor texture and image quality. Fortnite does this well for example.
It may not be a fair comparison but this is also targeting twice the framerate at the same time while looking better. So there's that too. Regarding colours, Fortnite is also a cartoon game and Black Ops does not have that luxury but let's not forget that Treyarch already makes their games far more vibrant and colourful compared to other studio's COD games. Besides it's a desert map, so it's obviously going to be brown, but it seemingly has green areas too. I don't see anything wrong with having muted colours and brown desert it's a subjective issue really. I'll try it myself soon and I'm pretty sure it'll look perfectly fine for the framerate it's achieving with the size of map and players.

Last edited:

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PUBG being atrocious is hardly a fair comparison, that's a special kind of awful. But still, I just think if you're going to have to make cut backs like this, the art design of the map should maybe use vivid colors or do something to compensate for the poor texture and image quality. Fortnite does this well for example.
The cartoony style of Fortnite makes it far easier to render than Blackout's more realistic look.