• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
anyone know how to redeem the xp tokens youre supposed to get from playing campaign? i can't find them anywhere.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
Damn the patch download is taking forever. It has been downloading for 7 hours and still has 11 hours to go. And I have a fast internet speed. Servers must be getting smashed. I want to play. :(

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
You're going to have a hard time if you keep running around like a headless chicken. This game requires a much more slow paced tactical approach. Look at your surroundings, listen, and don't make any false moves without thinking it first or you'll be dead 90% of the time.

Yeah, my best advice would be to use the double sprint to move between points of cover towards an objective. Take the hint from the game mechanic of mounting your weapon against cover and think of it more as a cover shooter.

That said if you do want to run full clip around the map a shotgun is probably the best weapon type to use.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
The final mission was yes, but the Gaz, Roach and Ghost stuff was amazing if you know the characters.
That reminds me, is Craig Fairbrass anywhere in this game? He's known for being the original voices of Gaz and Ghost, but he's voiced soldiers in almost all of the modern IW games, including MW3 and IW.
He also did VA/Motion Capture for a SAS soldier in BFV.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
How are the maps?

I actually kind of disliked the 3 lane design of more recent CoDs but I also strongly disliked Ghosts maps which some people are comparing these to.
That's the only thing keeping me away from buying the game currently.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
CoD is more popular on consoles right? Debating which version to get (pro vs pc)
PC is never going to have the player counts that PS4 does, and while crossplay is a thing in this game I'd imagine the vast majority of console players aren't going to turn that feature on so they can get mopped by keyboard and mouse peeps.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
How are the maps?

I actually kind of disliked the 3 lane design of more recent CoDs but I also strongly disliked Ghosts maps which some people are comparing these to.

They're larger than the maps in recent Call of Duty games and less restrictive of movement. They're tailored to a different flow of gameplay - getting to and securing power positions is a lot more important.

They're growing on me but they're not my favorite in the series. There are a lot of indoor areas, so there are a ton of angles to worry about.

My opinion on them seems to match the general opinion which is mixed. I prefer it to the three-lane maps where you're just chasing your own tail, but I don't think it's at the level of Modern Warfare 1 or 2.

The amount of maps also seem to be divided between the different player counts, so there aren't a ton of maps suited for 6v6, or 10v10, or 2v2, or 32v32, even though there are a lot overall.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Is there more ground war maps than the one that was in the beta? Played two games and it was that map both times.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
If I have 1.04 downloaded am I good to go tonight? I'm watching my nephew and just want to play when I get home.... waaaahh. lol

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else dissapointed with the framerate on the Xbox One X in campaign? There's areas where it's so darn inconsistent... not 30fps-bad, but a highly fluctuating 45-55...

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what console peeps have against playing against MK users. I've had several mixed matches now and there isn't that much of a gap at all, especially with how fast the TTK is.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that Tarkovsky map or whatever it's called. Half the players on roofs sniping, it's poor.
Campers always stay in the same place just keep attacking and once you've killed them twice they then run around the map for the rest of the game not knowing what to do.

change your path around the map so they don't follow your pattern, snipes usually just aim at pattern paths

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Did they even test the final PC version? Every new cutscene stutters, shaders constantly re-installing even if they installed, again missions start with huge stutter until "shader installing" red/orange logo disappears. When it works the optimization is really good even with RT enabled it runs great but other issues causing inconsistent experience.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How are the maps?

They are very different, a mix between small and large - they don't really stick by the 3 lane rule.

it's hard to judge how good the maps are as it's only been 24 hours since release, going to take a couple of weeks to let true Opinions to form.
But I would say the feeling of maps is a mix between MW and WW2

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
12vs12 Team Deathmatch > 6vs6 Team Deathmatch.

People actually move in that mode and is more action packed and true COD than the camp fest, ADS, corner camping, headshotting fest that's 6v6.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Ok guys I just dipped. Bought the game on PC. If there is no one playing in 6 months ILL BE VERY MAD.

Now to wait a few hours.. It's a BIG game.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just started the game and I'm the top corner I see Installation Progress 83%. Should I close the game out or leave it open to install?

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Did they even test the final PC version? Every new cutscene stutters, shaders constantly re-installing even if they installed, again missions start with huge stutter until "shader installing" red/orange logo disappears. When it works the optimization is really good even with RT enabled it runs great but other issues causing inconsistent experience.

I'm playing currently with RT enabled and everything set to max and get around 70-90fps. With that said the cutscenes are a big issue and I've seen a few spots where textures didn't load properly.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
PC is never going to have the player counts that PS4 does, and while crossplay is a thing in this game I'd imagine the vast majority of console players aren't going to turn that feature on so they can get mopped by keyboard and mouse peeps.

crossplay is on by default and matchmaking Is based in your input device. As a pad player you will not play agains keyboard and mouse players.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just finished the campaign in one go (6 hours) live on stream. It was pretty fucking great, although I probably would rank Infinite Warfare higher when it comes to this gen's IW CoD campaigns.

PC version cutscene skipping was annoying, though.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
crossplay is on by default and matchmaking Is based in your input device. As a pad player you will not play agains keyboard and mouse players.
That's not really true. I've gotta paired against controller while on kbm and vice versa.

Just finished the campaign in one go (6 hours) live on stream. It was pretty fucking great, although I probably would rank Infinite Warfare higher when it comes to this gen's IW CoD campaigns.

PC version cutscene skipping was annoying, though.

It is super annoying. It often causes the audio and video to desync for the remainder of the cutscene, too.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Early reports have suggested that's not how it's working right now. I'd imagine the people who notice will be turning it off immediately.