• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I hope they are quick to add maps because this current rotation is rough, throwing people into headquarters on these larger maps is just asinine, and even the smaller maps seem to have no flow, and are terrible when it comes to spawn trapping. I'm surprised how weak the offering is here.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, it's insanely hard to see enemies on some maps, that Picadilly one for example.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
If you were on Xbox, it'd be easier because PC natively supports party chat through the Xbox app.

It's really janky, but your buddy could download and use the PS4 remote play app (assuming they have a PS4), and join your party chat through that.

Otherwise, the best option is probably just like the mobile Discord app or something.
cool thanks for the info, what about just teaming up with a friend on pc in general, pretty seamless? would I be playing against KBM or him against controllers?

CaptainCanada

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone be able to tell me what the barcode number on a copy not from Walmart is? It seems they have a different sku? Trying to sort out my order

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus the Xbox disc had like 12GB of data on it, then it downloaded like 5 "packs" and then a 70 gig patch. And that didn't even include Spec Ops mode. LMAO. Took 2 hours total on my 250mbps line.

After all of that my first three games were in Piccadilly Circus. God I hate this map.

evilcar

Oct 25, 2017
Ummmm, I'm furious right now. Aside from the fact they're forcing me to log in to even play the fucking game, it's telling me my PSN account is linked elsewhere, which is not the case. I've only used 1 e-mail, and 1 PSN. Anybody else get this? There's so support chat or number that I can find.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus the Xbox disc had like 12GB of data on it, then it downloaded like 5 "packs" and then a 70 gig patch. And that didn't even include Spec Ops mode. LMAO. Took 2 hours total on my 250mbps line.

After all of that my first three games were in Piccadilly Circus. God I hate this map.
What is going on with the Xbox version? My PS4 disc had 34GB on it and I downloaded one 55GB patch. That's it.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The Clean House mission is one of my favorite gaming missions this year. So tense and it reminded me completely of Sicario.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How's performance on the PC version? Tempted to pick it up on there

So far it's been awful here. Cutscenes stutter like hell in SP. Constant freezing on a single map in MP (Piccadilly), a weird bug in 2vs2 where sometimes me or my friend can't move (but can get killed), strange stuff with textures not loading on time, etc. Playing at 1080p on a [email protected], 16gb and a 1070, tried different settings, everything (drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date, all that jazz). Weird, since the beta ran a lot better.

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about ground war is if just one person is on a flag.. you can't spawn on it so you just lose it 99% of the time and then have to spawn 5 mins away just to run all the way back.
The city map is better but it's way too big. You can just get caught up on clearing buildings.... which is a lot of fun. Kinda wish some flags were on rooftops.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
just played a few training missions since my game was still downloading in the background. Wow the shooting feels great! I haven't been this impressed by shooting mechanics in a FPS in a very long time!! I can't wait to play the full game

FourSerioux

Nov 1, 2017
While I'm able to boot up and enjoy the multiplayer, unfortunately the single player hard crashes right to the desktop after about 10 minutes of campaign.

I'm on PC, and I can certainly say it's been a while since I remember a major release being this rocky. Reminds me of ten years ago having to go to forums to troubleshoot little issues. Cut scenes continue to stutter, no matter what I've tried; audio was constantly distorted, but was luckily fixed by setting my PC audio to 24bit 48k; the shaders constantly need to be installed upon booting the game; and of course the aforementioned unplayable campaign.

At least the multiplayer works and was running solid.

I look forward to trying the campaign, but I'm pretty disappointed with the volume of bugs right out of the gate.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I was having a good time with the campaign, but mission six keeps freezing at the same exact spot every time I try to play it. :|

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What is the "best" audio setting (ingame options) for the game, when playing with the Sony Gold Headset?

And what about the 3d audio stuff?
Activate it, or not using it?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Sony really has me pissed off with this "copying" bullshit. It takes one minute to download a 2GB patch and it's taken the last 40 minutes to get to 89% copied.

Broward

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know what happens when you have a console and the Battle.net version tied to the same Activision account? I have the PS4 version but was going to pick up the PC version assuming it all works ok account wise. Does multiplayer progress carry over between the two versions at least?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Does anyone know what happens when you have a console and the Battle.net version tied to the same Activision account? I have the PS4 version but was going to pick up the PC version assuming it all works ok account wise. Does multiplayer progress carry over between the two versions at least?
Yeah, just link your Battle.net and PSN accounts to the same Activision account and everything should carry over seamlessly

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I just noticed a bunch of numbers on the lower left hand corner of the screen during matches (version #?), and now I cannot unsee them. Is there anyway to turn this off?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't find a way to just delete the campaign from my ps4 so I'm literally redownloading it all again cause I again couldn't download the patch due to the size of it. Ridiculous man.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
After spending a handful of hours with the multiplayer I'm already bored of the maps.

They are functional but also drab and uninteresting. They mostly feel like the maps Battlefield carves out of its Conquest arenas for its Team Deathmatch or Domination modes.

I'm guessing they went for map designs that felt organic and real, but I think they've ended up shit in terms of personality, evident in the landmarks that comprise the maps. There are no 'Favela's or 'Highrise's to be seen here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
After spending a handful of hours with the multiplayer I'm already bored of the maps.

They are functional but also drab and uninteresting. They mostly feel like the maps Battlefield carves out of its Conquest arenas for its Team Deathmatch or Domination modes.

I'm guessing they went for map designs that felt organic and real, but I think they've ended up shit in terms of personality, evident in the landmarks that comprise the maps. There are no 'Favela's or 'Highrise's to be seen here.
In the little I've played so far I'd agree the maps are fairly uninspired. Going to need some more time with it, though.

I keep thinking about the campaign, despite having not finished yet. Some really impactful missions and story beats.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Now that I played for a bit, I don't know how I feel about it. The gunplay is great, however, none of the maps seem memorable and are average at best. I mainly just been playing Quickplay and Gunfight. I played Gourad War for a few matches and I'm over it, it's just snipers and claymores.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else get scared in MP? Like for real anxiety issues? This is me trying to get involved in fps mp again.

no monetization

Last edited:

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
This is definitely a different COD multi experience, but I'm enjoying it. The run and gun COD of old is kind of gone here, but I never embraced that play style so no complaints here.

My only notable complaint so far is the spawns and the ability to spawn camp the hell out of a team in certain situations. That needs to be addressed.

Oh, and for the Digital Foundry fans out there. PS4 Pro version runs like a dream in TDM so far. Game is quite impressive visually.