Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I might get to try this one day. Saw it queue up a bunch of downloads thinking it was installing everything. Went out doing some shit thinking it was ready to go and now a 60+ gb dl...

Oct 25, 2017
After spending a handful of hours with the multiplayer I'm already bored of the maps.

They are functional but also drab and uninteresting. They mostly feel like the maps Battlefield carves out of its Conquest arenas for its Team Deathmatch or Domination modes.

I'm guessing they went for map designs that felt organic and real, but I think they've ended up shit in terms of personality, evident in the landmarks that comprise the maps. There are no 'Favela's or 'Highrise's to be seen here.
I absolutely hate these maps.
The outside section of Cave is one of the worst maps ever in the franchise

Also extremely inconsistent on what you can and can't climb up.

I'd be 100% happy if 9/10 new maps were just COD4 and MW2 ones because its hard to enjoy every other incredible element with such bad maps.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
So PC is what I should get this on right? I like using controller, but my PC is good. Or is PS4 survival mode worth it?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the campaign. It's easily within the top tier of the series...

Not sure I liked it or Infinite Warfare more...

I actually dug the cast of MW but there was no one quite like Ethan in MW.

The ending makes me excited for more but also still wish we could get Infinite Warfare 2 and see more of Salter.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Finally got myself hooked up to my 4K TV, got HDR enabled and now my eyes are ready for that campaign.

Has to be one of the best looking games of all time.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Another PC question:

I'm getting crazy judder. When this happens the game is always locked at 98fps for a brief period of time.

Gsync monitor

Anyone else?

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf is this spec ops? This is not the spec ops I know. Couldve sworn they said it was gonna be individual mission based like the old MW2/3 stuff in addition to survival, but even the "classic spec ops" just seems like a weird survival thing. I was hoping for the unique scenarios like "juggernauts in favela only using explosives" and stuff like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else dissapointed with the framerate on the Xbox One X in campaign? There's areas where it's so darn inconsistent... not 30fps-bad, but a highly fluctuating 45-55...

Actually caused me to stop playing campaign on 1X a couple of missions in.
Going to restart on PS4 Pro.
So fucking annoying to see framerate issues and tearing on the 1X version.
I mean, come on.
At least give us the option to 'drop' the graphics to PS4 Pro levels if you don't want to bother optimizing on 1X.
I'd love to see it, but does anyone actually think we'll see Infinity Ward go back and release a performance patch for 1X?
(Insert Tuxedo Mask gif here.)

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Ward seemingly copied Battlefield's format but left out basic shit like seeing the cap radius on the mini map or how many people are contesting a point. That's some quality of life things I'd like to see added.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Someone talk me off this ledge. I really want to like this Call of Duty but man i'm finding some serious issues with it.

First off, totally opinionated, but the maps are all awful. Like I can't find a single one I like. They all somehow feel the same, they all look the same, and every map has 8 million lanes and objects to hide/crouch behind. It's just.. weird. Like CoD4/MW2 had great maps. They all felt somewhat unique, and some maps had nice spacing. This game has maps designed for like 10 players, with 20 players in matches. It's mind boggling to me.

Second, why in god's green earth are footsteps so loud? Like they're so loud that people can stop mid-shot, prone, and just wait to kill you turning a corner. It's insane. Dead silence is great, for all X amount of seconds its last though.

The spawns are also so infuriating. I think that much has already been said by others though.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ Arklov Peak is a terrible map.

Also I fucking hate how killstreaks are killstreaks again. Its garbage that was gotten rid of for a goddamn good reason.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
This game is amazing, best CoD in a long time for me.

Honestly maps are pretty good actually, I'm just learning them. It's way different than what I was accustomed to.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm honestly already over this MP.

Visually it looks great, all the guns feel and sound great, and actually earnable rewards via playing over loot boxes (we'll see how long that lasts), but the big thing for me are these maps. They are just not good. Not a single map I like in the slightest. They are over-sized, cluttered, and have far, far too many places for you to get shot from. Combine that with extremely low TTK and footsteps you can hear from a mile away and this leads to an unbelievable abundance on camping, even moreso than past CODs.

So while I thought I was gonna dig this from playing some of the beta it's just not doing it for me. I haven't tried the campaign yet but I suspect I'll finish that off in 5 hours and be done with this.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
After playing for an hour and a half overall I'm enjoying the MP. It took my team a handful of rounds to get the hang of it but we had fun. As for the maps I played there were fine.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Campaign is pretty fun so far.

Multiplayer overall is great. Getting used to the maps that weren't included in the beta are tough because there are so many spots you can be jumped by the other team. Weapons feel great though.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
This is easily one of the best looking games on the PS4. Like wow it looks amazing. Playing on the pro btw.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This might be the best campaign since the original Modern Warfare. I just started Clean House and holy shit, this thing is just on an entirely different level. That Piccadilly level is one of the most effective missions in a military FPS ever.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Not the biggest fan of ground war but I'm willing to stick with it to see if it gets better. Haven't played any of the campaign, but had an absolute blast in MP tonight.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Does Gunfight mode stick to the smaller maps for its rotation? I cannot deal with the larger maps for regular TDM

SCJoe

Nov 8, 2017
Day 2, still can't utilize online services because of connection failed. I thought I learned with EVERY OTHER Blizzard/Activision Launch.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. MP in this game is a joke. There is no mode that promotes moving. Instead, it's a bunch of modes where teams out-camp each other. Where's plain ole TDM? Why does cyber attack have bombs when detonations never decide a match?!

BFV I'm sorry I ever bitched about bipod campers. That was nothing.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is the day one patch taking anyone else forever to download? I've been downloading it for the past 5 hours and I'm only halfway downloaded. Never had this issue before downloading games or patches of this size. I'm on PS4.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the campaign

The ending was underwhelming compared to the last Modern Warfare, but damn I marked out hard when Price got those files and assembled his team. Glad to know Kyle is now Gaz.