Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I must say the reveal trailer did not at all show that this is some kind of detective / puzzle / pokemon game. Quite interesting.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
It really looks like utter crap to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the end reveal of why the Bugsnax and body horror exist, is a veiled tribute to Event Horizon or some shit.

bugsnax-grave-of-death.jpg

Seriously, wtf is this?^^^
Archeological dig of prehistoric Bugsnax ancestors.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I think this and and Miles Morales will be my PS5 launch games. This game is giving me some N64 vibes and I love what I'm seeing and hearing.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Is this like when everyone pretended to like Knack?
Knack was a great game, it just wasn't what people were expecting or wanted. It was God of War for kids but people were judging it as a platformer.

Bugsnax is a puzzle game inspired by hundreds of niche historical games like Dark Cloud, Pokemon Snap, Viva Pinata, etc, etc. It looks genuinely fun for people who like something a bit different as well as being packed with the style of humour that Young Horses became known for.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looks great to me, one or two of the overtly negative comments I keep seeing are a bit on the strange side. It may be not someone else's cup of tea, but lets not dump on it because of that.

Damn didn't know it was only PS4 at this point, and digital... blah, might just get it and then have to get the hopefully boxed PS5 version later.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little disappointed because I assumed you as the player would eat Bugsnax and change your self to gain abilities. But otherwise it looks good.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
This is the only launch title I care about.

I hope its decently long. 8 hours would be perfect, longer for 100%..

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
Sure seems like it. If we could invent a power source that runs on irony, I'm pretty sure the "fanbase" around this game could light up a large city for months.

Personally I could not care less about Knack. My interest in the game is not ironic. Bugsnax seems to scratch the same itch as say something like The Untitled Goose game did. It seems to be a really well made comedy game and we have far too few of those.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Is this like when everyone pretended to like Knack?
No? This looks like a fun comedic adventure game. With some light Pokemon Snap/Ape Escape elements. It seems really funny and fun so yeah of course people are excited for it.

It's embarrassing people who don't like funny games keep trying to compare this to something completely shit like Knack.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Sure seems like it. If we could invent a power source that runs on irony, I'm pretty sure the "fanbase" around this game could light up a large city for months.
How is being interested in this game ironic? It's literally a different game with a different genre, different gameplay, different art style, and a completely different developer.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
How is being interested in this game ironic? It's literally a different game with a different genre, different gameplay, different art style, and a completely different developer.
Obviously anyone who likes thing I don't like is being ironic. Differences in opinion aren't real and if it seems like most people are excited for a thing I'm not excited for then that's just lots of people being ironic!

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
My wife loves these kind of games, so this will probably be her first ps5 game lol.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a cute adventure game that's 25 dollars. Some of y'all are just jaded as fuck. I don't know how you can't possibly wrap your head around people looking forward to this over when it's so easy to find odd looking games that find fanbases these days.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
It's a cute adventure game that's 25 dollars. Some of y'all are just jaded as fuck. I don't know how you can't possibly wrap your head around people looking forward to this over when it's so easy to find odd looking games that find fanbases these days.
yeah they are. Game is hilarious. I saw where one of the flying bugsnax almost ran away with the trap I was dying lmao.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
I was originally ironically interested in this game. But then I kept on listening to the music, and kept on visiting threads, and started developing interest more and more over time, and now I'm fully onboard.

The last trailer fully sold me on Bugsnax. The gameplay looks legit and I'm also in it for the story and humor. It looks like a hilarious, fun adventure.

Btw, these graphics are so much better than the trailer shown in June.

Deleted member 10726

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I just liked the opening song initially but honestly the gameplay looks really cute. Reminds me a bit of Viva Pinata except more like a first person exploration game.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
My partner pointed out that the gameplay reminds her a lot of Slime Rancher which I can totally see.

ArchLector

Banned
Apr 10, 2020
Looks pretty great to me, and I am usually not a fan of quirky games! But a lot of great creativity on show here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
33% Slime Rancher, 33% Pokemon Snap, 33% Viva Pinata, 100% talkin' 'bout Bugsnax

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
How can someone say this when Demon's Souls remake exists?
Look up the word Niche in the dictionary and there will be a picture of the Souls games. It's my niche, but it isn't most people's. Spider-Man is what's going to move the most copies at launch, if I were to guess. As for Bugsnax - hard pass. This launch's Knack seems accurate. No thank you.

Deleted member 25128

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I love the comparisons to knack, like just because people didn't like knack its like they ignore that there is a whole other market that isn't them to cater for. Absolutely living in a bubble stuff going on.

Oct 25, 2017
Look up the word Niche in the dictionary and there will be a picture of the Souls games. It's my niche, but it isn't most people's. Spider-Man is what's going to move the most copies at launch, if I were to guess. As for Bugsnax - hard pass. This launch's Knack seems accurate. No thank you.

Souls isn't really niche anymore. DS3 sold over 10 million copies.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

the souls series has sold 27 million games and popularized an entire genre. it's really not that niche anymore

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The "stop liking what I don't like" energy is strong with this one.

Personally I had zero interest in Knack, but am super excited for this. The comparison honestly doesn't even make sense. What do they share in common other than a colourful and non-realistic artstyle? Knack was a simplistic action platformer while Bugsnax is a first person adventure puzzle game. I have to imagine this is that old chestnut where some people see cartoony graphics and immediately feel insecure about the idea of playing games they (incorrectly) perceive as being for children.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Hah, is this game really being compared to Knack? Completely different games and scenarios even since Knack was a PS4 exclusive.

I was uninterested until I saw the gameplay and now I am quite intrigued. Not grabbing a PS5 and don't want to support Epic so will be getting this on PS4 at release

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks really charming and like something a little different from the usual crop of FPS and action games.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Trying to compare this to Knack is quite the stretch...

I've been interested in this since one of the devs cited Ape Escape / Pokémon Snap as an influence.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
LOL absolutely, except this legit looks a thousand times more interesting than Knack
This.

I never played knack and never plan to. Some were just forced to like it i suppose. Lol

I just watched Gregg's impressions and wow I didn't see this coming. I had no clue what this game was like all of you but it seems it has more meat to its bone than originally thought. It seems like there has been a lot of effort to flesh it world out from graphics, to voice overs to gameplay and charm. Its also a budget title? Wow.

I will likely get this game within the 1st year. Looks like it will be so much fun.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a puzzle/adventure game with an interesting concept and good writing and acting. Why is it being compared to a painfully mediocre and very ugly beat em up? Like for real what makes this anything like Knack other than the fact that it's releasing at a console launch?