Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So many people are expecting some dark subversive twist that frankly I'd be much happier if the game just plays the silliness straight.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So wait, this is going to be competing with 3D Mario-esque Sackboy as a launch title for kids? Seriously?

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of things tbh.
Firstly it was one of the prime offenders of the typical "indie section" during a supposedly next gen showcase during which most people shut down for 30 mins.
Then it also has the typical low production value look of most indie games.
Like most indies that try to stand out, it also seems to rely on a different-for-the-sake-of-different gameplay gimmick that will soon lose its novelty.

At least they made it 3D, so that's more than most indies can manage.

I wish I could share the same enthusiasm, but I can guarantee that this would bore me to the point of agitation.
Here just to laugh at the absurdity of this post.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the confirmation. that's not really what I wanted to hear but still.
Yeah I was hoping for a retail release because the key art is so great!
Did they say if PS4 gets a PS5 upgrade?
This is what they can say about it now:

We'll make sure you have answers to questions like that when we do.
And we'll announce stuff like that in an official way.

So we'll just have to wait for confirmation I guess.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of things tbh.
Firstly it was one of the prime offenders of the typical "indie section" during a supposedly next gen showcase during which most people shut down for 30 mins.
Then it also has the typical low production value look of most indie games.
Like most indies that try to stand out, it also seems to rely on a different-for-the-sake-of-different gameplay gimmick that will soon lose its novelty.

At least they made it 3D, so that's more than most indies can manage.

I wish I could share the same enthusiasm, but I can guarantee that this would bore me to the point of agitation.

Imagine trying to explain to someone:
"I don't like this game because it didn't cost $50mil+ to make and it took up time in a 1 hour long advert I livestreamed"

"low production values" is because it's a small team with a small budget.

High budget games have hundreds or sometimes thousands of people working on it.
Where often gameplay is designed by committee to ensure the highest sales possible. You've no intention of buying it so you're annoyed that you know it exists?

What's the point in dumping on a game made by presumably less than 20 people?

"At least the made it 3d" Honestly you seem to not understand that games are a creative medium and that people might want to create a 2D game.

Are you shocked and appaled that Stardew Valley has sold millions?

I imagine you at a cinema:
"How dare they waste time showing me a trailer of some low budget trash, I would rather see a Marvel film trailer!!!!"

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
First there was Knack, then came Bugsnax, then there were no more games for we had already ascended.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They still going through with releasing this alongside Sackboy and Crash for kids?

sportz103

Oct 26, 2017
What's with the weird render distance lighting? 28:44 is an example of what I'm talking about, the rocks in the background

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So is this still a horror game in disguise like people speculated? Or is it really Viva Piñata x Pokémon Snap as it appears to be?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
kinda bug, and kinda snack

think i want to find out about this game just by playing it

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
100 different types of them Bugsnax as well so quite alot

Discover, hunt, and capture all 100 different species of Bugsnax using a variety of contraptions and bait!

Explore the diverse biomes of Snaktooth Island to track down and reunite the inhabitants of Snaxburg.

Stuff your new friends with Bugsnax to customize them with countless new looks.

Follow every lead to learn more about Lizbert's band of misfits and the mysteries of Snaktooth Island.
www.playstation.com

Bugsnax - PS4 & PS5 Games | PlayStation

Buy Bugsnax on PS4 and PS5. Embark on a whimsical adventure to Snaktooth Island, home of the legendary half-bug half-snack creatures, Bugsnax.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Can't wait to play this, reminds me of Viva Piñata. Was going to get for PS5, couldn't get a preorder, going to resist getting for PC if I can.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is this still a horror game in disguise like people speculated? Or is it really Viva Piñata x Pokémon Snap as it appears to be?
It really looks like utter crap to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the end reveal of why the Bugsnax and body horror exist, is a veiled tribute to Event Horizon or some shit.

bugsnax-grave-of-death.jpg

Seriously, wtf is this?^^^

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Is it me or something weird with the dialogue? Maybe there is more to this than meets the eye. I mean am i the only here who noticed that the word 'die' are repeated several times there? I mean im not sure how it is kid friendly 😅😅

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
It really looks like utter crap to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the end reveal of why the Bugsnax and body horror exist, is a veiled tribute to Event Horizon or some shit.

Just to clarify, are you saying "utter crap" qualitatively or is that synonymous with you for the genre/tone they're going for or both?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

...an Archeology dig site? Why would there be stakes around it otherwise? The Ribblepedes are just Bugsnax that hang out in that area.

I respect that this game may not be for everyone, but hot damn do so many people just have a chip on their shoulder for this game and can't get over that scary bit in the first trailer.

It certainly is gonna be more then it lets on, but I don't think it's gonna be Horrifying, maybe a little spooky, but not Terrifying.

I feel like people are just riding the memes at this point and don't wanna engage the game on it's own merits. Hopefully that changes when the game comes out, and people can get their hands on it.

From what I've seen of the gameplay with this, ir seems like an adorable and fun time! The personality from the Grumpuses and Bugsnax are jelling with me super hard, and I'm looking forward to playing it sometime!

It's not a stretch to say this is basically the most compelling game at launch for the PS5 to me, though I'm not interested in upgrading in the middle of current circumstances.