• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
This.

I wasn't born, but my father has told me what it was like. Mass unemployment and people struggling to get by. He tells me that the nation has never had it better than it does now within the EU.

We went from the "sick man of Europe" to a economic powerhouse. A thriving nation with a voice in the EU and the world stage.

Now we're throwing it all away and for what? Blue passports and "sovereignty", which we had anyway. Throwing it away to stop EU immigration, which could have been controlled if the government had bothered to follow the EU regulations on FoM, which we chose not to follow as an independent sovereign state.

Brexit is unworkable. It's a now nothing more than a rambling cult. A cult built on lies and deceit. A cult that refuses to listen to facts, reason and logic. A cult that if not stopped, will cause untold damage to the UK and become it's coup de grâce.
Er, what? I wasn't there either but my dad was alive and he certainly doesn't say it got better cus EU, it got better cus the Unions power got busted and they didn't have the power to bring the country to a stand still with a three day week. The EU didn't do that. If anything it was Margaret Thatcher.

Oct 25, 2017
This post is why the vote to leave happened in a nutshell.

EU or you're racist.
I mean if we're talking about Gammons, most if not all of them were in it for racist reasons.
The stupid Brexit Betrayal march proves that even more.

They can do one. The uneducated backward donkeys are going to set us back because they thought all brown/black people were going to be shipped off.
Fuck them.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Wasn't the news the other day that no deal wasn't going to happen?

Anyway, it's not like there's a good outcome. Just a less shitty one.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): advocating violence + vitriolic hostility over a series of posts
We need to bring back public flogging/executions for every single one of these cunts still pushing this through. And anyone still supporting it can join them.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I mean if we're talking about Gammons, most if not all of them were in it for racist reasons.

They can do one. The uneducated backward donkeys are going to set us back because they thought all brown/black people were going to be shipped off.
Fuck them.
Yeah, sure they though by limiting free movement from a block where most of the migration was from white people was going to cause PoC to be shipped off. And this makes sense because????

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
You know, it's probably time for the people who don't wanna leave to be striking and protesting in the streets until May and her coalition of chaos finally realize they don't have to go through with this nonsense.

This post is why the vote to leave happened in a nutshell.

EU or you're racist.
That's the same lie people tell about why Trump won.

Jimster

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing racism and xenophpbia over a series of posts
I mean if we're talking about Gammons most if not all of them were in it for racist reasons.

They can do one.

Whatever makes you feel better I suppose but the UK has run a Liberal immigration policy for decades with relatively few issues. We aren't a racist nation simple as that.

We wouldn't dream of voting in some of the ultra right wing political parties that are getting voted in across Europe for instance. The government hasn't had to tear gas or water cannon its subjects into submission either.

We've just got Saxon blood and hate being told what to do or else. It's as simple as that.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, it's probably time for the people who don't wanna leave to be striking and protesting in the streets until May and her coalition of chaos finally realize they don't have to go through with this nonsense.

That's the same lie people tell about why Trump won.
Yup. "The problem isn't the racist people, it's the people calling out the racism!"
Whatever makes you feel better I suppose but the UK has run a Liberal immigration policy for decades with relatively few issues. We aren't a racist nation simple as that.

We wouldn't dream of voting in some of the ultra right wing political parties that are getting voted in across Europe for instance. The government hasn't had to tear gas or water cannon its subjects into submission either.

We've just got Saxon blood and hate being told what to do or else. It's as simple as that.
:thinkingemoji:

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
We need to bring back public flogging/executions for every single one of these cunts still pushing this through. And anyone still supporting it can join them.
I still support leaving the EU cus they've destroyed the economies of Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy and cuase horrible punitive measures and have done nothing to stop the undemocratic things happening in Hungry or Poland. They don't feel democratic and are ineffectual for what they are actually meant to do and resistant to any change. You going to execute me too?

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017

Can we now finally deplatform these idiots now? If only YT, twitter and the rest would have grown a spine to get these alt-right figures off their plattforms for spreading false information and bigotry maybe then UK wouldn't be in this dumpster fire situation now.

We live on a fucking island why would we need a wall, what a bellend.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bullshit I bet there will be a second referendum if the current deal doesn't get past parliament. The government don't want to look like fools so they are using the no deal to scare people into supporting there deal.

Oct 25, 2017

I've lived here all my life, mate. Born and bred.

It's never as simple as you say it is.

I agree that's a major problem but the poster did specifically refer to black/brown people in their post.
Did I lie or something? When Brexit happened they were jumping for joy at the 'fact' that we should be flown out.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We Americans are stuck with trump, but the brits don't have to live with this, go out there riot and demonstrate until you stop this.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

This post does more to suggest the country is inherently racist at its core rather than explain away all the problems like you originally tired.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
I still support leaving the EU cus they've destroyed the economies of Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy and cuase horrible punitive measures and have done nothing to stop the undemocratic things happening in Hungry or Poland. They don't feel democratic and are ineffectual for what they are actually meant to do and resistant to any change. You going to execute me too?
You're supporting inflicting misery, possible death and poverty on your own country as a way of showing disapproval for what happened in Greece? Flawless logic.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I'm not British but I don't understand how you could tie or justify such an important decision to a referendum, especially one that passed by a narrow margin and appears to have had outside interference pushing for a specific outcome. Although I guess it's really not that much different than what's happening here in the USA though is it?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
The EU didnt force Greece to lie about their finances. Or any of the other corrupt shit.

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's Northern Ireland, not the "North", say that in the wrong part of Belfast, you'll get beat up. And there were treaties between the UK and ROI before the EU, ROI still has freedom of movement in the UK even after Brexit cus it will be still in place. The only difficulty is that there could be different goods regulations so the EU wants to have the same regulations between Northern Ireland and ROI but that will screw NI cus most of our stuff and travel comes from the UK and it would move the border there. Which is way the DUP will not accept that as if you make what's basically a border between NI and the rest of the UK you are incredibly likely to start the Troubles again. The fact the EU ever thought that was a reasonable ask shows they don't give a damn what happens in NI at all.

This doesn't make sense to me. How can you have freedom of movement in the ROI and UK but not in the EU and UK? Will anyone be able to enter UK through Ireland then?

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
You're supporting inflicting misery, possible death and poverty on your own country as a way of showing disapproval for what happened in Greece? Flawless logic.
None of the studies have suggested our economy would decrease in size with Brexit (may not grow as fast in the short term, but wouldn't decrease), and the only one suggesting death is you with your calls for executing people who support Brexit.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
None of the studies have suggested our economy would decrease in size with Brexit (may not grow as fast in the short term, but wouldn't decrease), and the only one suggesting death is you with your calls for executing people who support Brexit.
So the need for stockpiling medicines is just for a fucking laugh then? And not to ensure people don't, y'know, fucking DIE due to a possible lack of medicine?

Ok, maybe execution is too far for you but you certainly don't deserve a vote. Also, post those studies please.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The UK has not joined the fiscal union and still prints its own money, yes? I would agree that joining up with the fiscal union would be very stupid given the lack of a euro-wide budget (hence the issue with those countries), but they haven't actually done that yet.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

You do know these countries have national governments more than capable of fucking their own shit up? Look at the people who get elected in Italy for instance.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
There are people with good intentions and reasons for leaving, they don't behave like belligerent bellends.
No, there aren't. As leaving is so stupid, there is no good reason for it that isn't drowned out by the bad consequences . And if that is the case, it can't be a good reason.

Jimster

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I'm not British but I don't understand how you could tie or justify such an important decision to a referendum, especially one that passed by a narrow margin and appears to have had outside interference pushing for a specific outcome. Although I guess it's really not that much different than what's happening here in the USA though is it?

You vote Democrat or Republican every election, what's the difference?

It's a binary vote like this one. The EU has been a source of debate for many years and it'd got to the point where anti EU parties were getting elected to parliament. It wasn't going away.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
So the need for stockpiling medicines is just for a fucking laugh then? And not to ensure people don't, y'know, fucking DIE due to a possible lack of medicine?

Ok, maybe execution is too far for you but you certainly don't deserve a vote. Also, post those studies please.
I'm not talking to a person who wants to take my vote away. Are you actually looking at what you are writing?

Red or Alive

Oct 28, 2017
It's Northern Ireland, not the "North", say that in the wrong part of Belfast, you'll get beat up. And there were treaties between the UK and ROI before the EU, ROI still has freedom of movement in the UK even after Brexit cus it will be still in place. The only difficulty is that there could be different goods regulations so the EU wants to have the same regulations between Northern Ireland and ROI but that will screw NI cus most of our stuff and travel comes from the UK and it would move the border there. Which is way the DUP will not accept that as if you make what's basically a border between NI and the rest of the UK you are incredibly likely to start the Troubles again. The fact the EU ever thought that was a reasonable ask shows they don't give a damn what happens in NI at all.

You're blaming the wrong people: the UK has created (or has stated our intent to create) a border between NI and Ireland by leaving the EU and the customs union.

If anything, the willingness to pursue a no-deal scenario (without proper planning) which would ensure a hard border shows how little the Conservative government cares about NI and the Good Friday agreement.

NI, of course, voted to remain in the first place, so please explain to me how and why the EU are at fault here.