• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
What will Brexit day with no deal even look like? A shitshow I assume, but...
There will likely be a spectacular crash in the stock market as well as the pound, with its value falling below the euros. There will also be chaos at the various ports like Dover and on the other side in france. Within days there will be shortages of various items because our super markets etc use "Just in time" for their goods.
Within a few weeks the number of unemployed will increase rapidly as businesses feel the effects of the above. This will lead to riots.
This isn't me thinking the worst. This is very likely to happen.

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
Is Theresa May a Spaceball?
95a75be55b1aeccee3d779b3707127b6d838d279687c7e3b2bad5c4411688f1e.jpg

There goes the neighborhood.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there are good people left in 75 years to write an accurate telling of how the early 21st century went horribly awry.

One of the most frighteningly accurate things I've read across the entire internet over the last 2-3 years is someone who said "We are currently living in the 'Causes leading to' section of a future history book".

I think the full term he used was "causes leading to war" but honestly replace war with any other catastrophic collapse.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Who else can't wait for the inevitable "Just heard about No-deal Brexit, horrible! If I were there I would have gotten the best deal for our great friends in the UK! I tried to tell No-deal May what to do to get the best deal but she wouldn't listen! SAD!"

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before, if your monarchy doesn't do something to stop this nonsense you might as well get rid of it because its worthless.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
There will likely be a spectacular crash in the stock market as well as the pound, with its value falling below the euros. There will also be chaos at the various ports like Dover and on the other side in france. Within days there will be shortages of various items because our super markets etc use "Just in time" for their goods.
Within a few weeks the number of unemployed will increase rapidly as businesses feel the effects of the above. This will lead to riots.
This isn't me thinking the worst. This is very likely to happen.

Aka disaster capitalism as work.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So can anyone more informed tell me what's going to happen (or what is most likely to happen) to the Northern Ireland/Ireland border in a no deal Brexit?

This UK government probably won't do anything, they're stupidly not prepared enough for it and I imagine they'll likely prefer it that way since the EU will have no choice but to protect itself. From a purely market based view on it, Britain has less to gain from protecting a border and plenty to gain from one that isn't managed properly that gives access into the EU market.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe this was put up for a vote of all things. This is where representative democracy should shield us from mob rule.

The people that voted leave clearly did not see the massive implications of it all.

Speaking from experience, most of them still don't think it's a bad idea :(

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On the brightside Farage and other similar scum who got MEP jobs won't be able to con voters into getting them another cushy EU MEP job. I look forward to seeing them all go bankrupt.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said before, if your monarchy doesn't do something to stop this nonsense you might as well get rid of it because its worthless.

They are almost certainly pro-Brexit. Anyway, the monarchy isn't worthless, we are spending £370m on renovations to Buckingham Palace so actually a net loss.

Syntrophos

Nov 25, 2018
It's going to be an absolutely miserable time and the boomers won't even have to live through most of it.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I still can't believe this was put up for a vote of all things. This is where representative democracy should shield us from mob rule.

The people that voted leave clearly did not see the massive implications of it all.

Mainly because many people who voted leave were massively misinformed, to the point where the leave campaign and some of its leaders are under/at risk of criminal investigation.

How representative is a referendum in this situation?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
But the Queen's brooch shows she's totally pro-EU.

I don't actually know her position on this.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
On the brightside Farage and other similar scum who got MEP jobs won't be able to con voters into getting them another cushy EU MEP job. I look forward to seeing them all go bankrupt.

They'll be pampered by all the Tory wankers they're going to make incredibly rich.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
This stupid, shithole country..... interesting time ahead :/

Oct 26, 2017
It's exactly for reasons like this a good portion of us in Scotland voted for Independence. The level of incompetence, cowardice and selfishness displayed by these MP's is beyond belief.

Syntrophos

Nov 25, 2018
I think going back in time and putting every Tory on a leaky boat and pushing it into the Atlantic might have been the only option.