Dec 2, 2017
Too goddamn hot. Went running in Richmond park before, dripping sweat all over the shop. Feel terrible sick now, probably cos I didn't drink enough water.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I'm in London today, on a teachers training day (it is lunchtime at the moment), and I felt like I was being baked alive from the walk from Liverpool Street to the City University. There was absolutely no way I was getting onto the Tube in this awfully muggy heat...

It is going to be thirty-blooming-degrees nearly everywhere tomorrow and on Wednesday.

Good luck BritEra!

Last edited:

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this thread popped up again.

Been bloody horrible with this heat recently.

Went on the tube on Saturday (when it was cooler!) and just found myself dripping with sweat.

Tube will not be used today under any circumstance.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The Met Office has issued an amber heatwave warning for England. This will mean the rest of the world laughing and telling us 30 degrees is nothing, whilst they all walk about in shorts and t-shirts and go home to a fully air conditioned home.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
My phone is telling me it is 28c in my area right now., feels much hotter though.
I just had to purchase another mini USB fan for my desktop. I'm finding having only one is not enough.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Does the tube/subway in London have AC yet?

I remember being in London during a summer with some record heat wave and it was torture sitting on the tube for any extended length of time.

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_lk355sStel1qi9q4ko1_r1_500.gif

Does the tube/subway in London have AC yet?

I remember being in London during a summer with some record heat wave and it was torture sitting on the tube for any extended length of time.
Didn't see any when I was out. It's way too hot, I'd be standing in Tescos just to get a small bit of relief.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
No, the Northern line is hotter than the surface of the sun.
You should really use that Brexit money to get some air conditioning for the tubes.

I know it almost ever gets that hot in the UK but I felt like an older or younger person could have died on the train it was that hot and suffocating.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should really use that Brexit money to get some air conditioning for the tubes.

I know it almost ever gets that hot in the UK but I felt like an older or younger person could have died on the train it was that hot and suffocating.
It's alright, there are loads of signs saying carry water, and if you feel ill tell someone at the next stop.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It's alright, there are loads of signs saying carry water, and if you feel ill tell someone at the next stop.
I gotta give it to English people.

They don't complain about the lack of AC. That was what I heard from everyone over there. Everyone said that ACs would be stupid in the UK and to just nut up for a couple of minutes while in the tube.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not really Britain thats getting the sun. Its England.

We in Scotland had our heatwave 2 weeks ago.

(saying that its still pretty warm, no sun out though and still getting some rain)

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait for winter, as a plumber who's got to go in a loft in a minute for the next half hour or so it's absolutely killing me, adding to the fact it's totally distributing my sleeping pattern it's made this the worst summer for as long as I can remember.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was basically cooked for an hour on the tube on my way in to work - only to walk out into the sweet embrace of fresh air, like a hairdryer being wafted over my body.

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
My overground train wasn't running today so i got on the central line.

What a mistake.

It felt like was going straight to hell.

I could feel the sweat dripping down my back.

Blegh. I'm ready for snow.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
I bought one of those fancy Dyson fans. I couldn't take being hot any longer.

I wouldn't mind the heat so much if I didn't have to take a train home every night. Waterloo has been hell on Earth these last few weeks.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
It's been nice the last few weeks, unbearable on a night though. Yesterday was really fucking humid and I was slightly hungover so it was the worst. Today is pretty humid too.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
To those asking for AC on the tube. It's basically impossible for the deep level tube (northern/central etc.) because there isn't enough clearance in the tunnel for the expelled heat to dissipate. Call it the price of being trailblazers, they made the tunnels just as big as they needed to be back in the day.

The next generation tube stock which is set to be universal amongst all deep-level tube lines will have 'air cooling' but they have made sure to not reference proper AC.

This is why the sub-surface lines such as the metropolitan now have air conditioning, their tunnels were made wider because of the earlier 'cut and cover' method used.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I want to destroy the sun. This is not normal and as soon as I learn how I'm going to unfuck the gulf stream so we can get some rain. We need the army and airforce to drop some water over this desert.

As you can tell I'm more used to the cold.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
I woke up 2:30 am Saturday morning and had to sleep in the kitchen cos I couldn't take the heat.

I'm red-haired and pale, genuinely cannot cope.