Oct 28, 2017
All the edgelords with "that's freezing!"

British heat is uncomfortable as fuck for a population who has middling weather at best for the rest of the year. It's really hot down south, 24c by 10am :( I live with a slanted roof and velux windows which effectively turn the upstairs into a greenhouse.

British homes don't have air conditioning!

I've bounced between the UK and Australia for most of my life. Frankly, the Brits are pansies when it comes to the heat. It's the middle of Autumn right now and we're expecting 25-27 for the next few days in Melbourne. We were seeing over 30 a few weeks ago. South-east Australian summers easily reach 42 degrees.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That sucks about the train. Back in like 2006 or whenever it was that I went they were like ovens during that heatwave.

It doesn't happen much though, so mostly it doesn't matter. Like when I lived in Sydney, many places had no proper heating, rarely required. Speaking of which...

I've bounced between the UK and Australia for most of my life. Frankly, the Brits are pansies when it comes to the heat. It's the middle of Autumn right now and we're expecting 25-27 for the next few days in Melbourne. We were seeing over 30 a few weeks ago. South-east Australian summers easily reach 42 degrees.

You've got AC in Melbourne you wannabe crim!

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Its taunting me at the window, Im looking out and its saying "Hi, Im here come and play...." I know fine well when its time to leave work it will fuck off back to wherever it came from.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have instructed the girlfriend to stop by the supermarket on the way home to get meat for a cheeky BBQ tonight.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
25 degrees in Norwich and I'm stuck at work, leaving in 30 mins though. Just so pissed off and annoyed with work that I'll probably go home and have a cry.

I will try to enjoy the weather on my walk home with some music though but being Scottish I'll probably burn and end up having skin like a cooked lobster.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5f8ec067024b43f5dfbfdc80412df00ad3290ae98e84664ed7aeeed37713c492.jpg

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its gorgeous - warm, bright when a gentle breeze (West London)

I dont envy those using the underground though, lol.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's gone too far now. I am hot as fook sat here in the fookin office. My clothes feel moist and tight, I'm sweating and my head is foggy. I need a few cold pints ffs.

MrChom

Oct 26, 2017
If I was not in an airconditioned office right this second I would beg only for a swift death.

Any external temperature that breaches 21'C is unholy, and only serves to drive us further from God's light.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
About 16C and sunshine here in Helsinki. For mid april it's very warm. Next week looks like we get our standard april weather back (9C during days and little over 0 during nights..)

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently sat in a windowless office with the AC on. This is glorious to me.

Although I do hope it holds out for the weekend. Got 6 days off as of tomorrow and planning on getting the BBQ out.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Yeah I was thinking that. I worked in London a few years back and the Central Line in July was fucking HORRIBLE.
The NYC underground subway stations are really fucking horrible during the summer too. They feel like a hot sauna being powered by liquid garbage.

Thankfully though all of the subway cars have powerful AC. Occasionally you'll get in one where it's broken though.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
27c on the beautiful Herts/Essex border.

Spent lunchtime out in my garden. Struggled to go back to work. Did have cold shower though.

Have a fridge full of Thatchers and Moretti beer for after 5pm. Can't wait.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
27 in Cambridge here, work has overstocked is with Ice Creams and we did our daily standup outside. Feels nice.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
e5e11d2c13c26d287f52b2320d800c95.jpg

Scandinavia reporting.

Send help pls we're literally dying.

Idk what this feeling is but all I know is I need water.

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sweating like a racist!

Unfortunately I left a creme egg on the window ledge at home, will probably have to lick it up.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
milk-was-a-bad-choice.jpg

I had a day off yesterday as i'm in work this weekend. I don't mind the heat in the day, it's the night i have issues with. But luckily the temperatures drop down enough for that to not be a worry.

Always carry a bottle of water in this heat, had to dig my shorts out yesterday. Quite funny, went from winter coat on Tuesday to shorts and t-shirt on Wednesday. Kind of wish i wore shorts today, but they are in the wash and i can't find the other 2 pairs i have. Might need more shorts.

Shugdaddy

Dec 1, 2017
It's the lack of buildup. Cold for months then straight into the 20s.

But at least most people are happy for a day or two. Before we complain it's too hot :)

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017

British heat is uncomfortable as fuck for a population who has middling weather at best for the rest of the year. It's really hot down south, 24c by 10am :( I live with a slanted roof and velux windows which effectively turn the upstairs into a greenhouse.

Exactly.

And it was snowing only last month!

I'm very warm today. Luckily my downstairs isn't too bad atm, but I know my bedroom is going to be boiling soon.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Not all that warm in SW Scotland but warm enough that theMidges have had their first hatching of the year F.M.L

CMDBob

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield

Yup. Plus, it tends to get really bloody humid in Britain when it gets warm. Not a fun combo. If it was a dry heat, I could cope better. BUUUUT it isn't, so I'll continue to moan.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
27 in Cambridge here, work has overstocked is with Ice Creams and we did our daily standup outside. Feels nice.

Would love to be in Cambridge right now. A few beers + chilling out on the greens - oh yes.

My mum just left my place after spending lunchtime with me - her car temperature was showing 30c......