Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
My entire wedding cost less than $1500... <_< We just figured the money for a big wedding would be better spent investing in a house.

Oct 27, 2017
If me and my girlfriend ever get married we could probably do the whole wedding for £1500. We've discussed it and all we really want is a big outdoors BBQ and drinking session with our friends and family. I think big expensive weddings are tacky and obnoxious.

This is good. All the best weddings I've been to have been simple informal affairs with plenty of food and drink and none of usual speeches bullshit.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Backpacking to cleanse and soul search?
Psychic nudged them to go extravagant?

Fake.

Last edited:

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're spending $10k on a house in Hawaii for two days. We're putting everyone up. People have to pay for their plane tickets, that's it.

Oct 30, 2017
1) Thst dude should get the fuck out of that relationship. Grade A Bridezilla there.
2) if you can't afford a $48k wedding, don't have a $48k wedding. It's that simple.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Big images.

DlfdZgEWwAAZhP_.jpg:large

Dlffr7tXsAAXh-q.jpg:large

Some of the original post wasn't saved/image'd

Dlfg06CVAAA1rwB.jpg:large

Wow, this is DarkSydePhil levels of narcissism and greed. Holy shit.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't destination weddings supposed to be paid for by the people getting married?

Anyway this chick sounds proper crazy, actually she sounds 100% psychotic. Yikes.

I'm going to get married in a courthouse and throw a rager afterwards. Simple and no one has to sit through a shitty ceremony.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand women(or men) who are so transfixed on having things from their dream wedding bucket list to the point that it breaks them from reality. Like if you are overbudgeting by dipping into debt to the point that you won't be able to afford a place to buy or enough to raise kids in the following 5 years after, then you overbudgeted.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I mean... She lost money. You can't cancel wedding venues and photographers and food and honeymoon and all the services, and expect not to pay the retainer, which can be upwards of 50%.

Dumbass. I always people do a small wedding(the guy was absolutely right about Vegas wedding), and spend the money on a downpayment or something.

Last edited:

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Get sponsored.

"This wedding brought to you by our fine friends at Tire Town."

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean... She lost money. You can't cancel wedding venues and photographers and food and honeymoon and all the services, and expect not to pay the retainer, which can be upwards of 50%.

Then she shouldn't have booked a wedding she couldn't afford to pay for.

But again, I think the whole thing is fake.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this isn't real it's just so stupid and convenient but also I bet it has happened in real life.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Lol it's annoying enough when I have to use one or more vacation days, pony up $150+ on a hotel room, buy a $200 gift off a registry, and then sit at an event where I really only know like less than 5% of the room for my entire day, but then you want me to pony up $1,500 for the pleasure? Oh fuck naw.

I really really can't stand elaborate, long-winded, fantasy-style weddings. When me and my SO get hitched, I desperately want to have only our closest friends and family in attendance, and have everyone in and out in less than 4-hours. The last wedding I went to took 12 fucking hours, was at 3 different venues requiring about half an hour of travel between them each, and there were over 250 people in attendance, all of 3 that I actually knew beforehand. The food wasn't even good either.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really really can't stand elaborate, long-winded, fantasy-style weddings. The last wedding I went to took 12 fucking hours, was at 3 different venues requiring about half an hour of travel between them each, and there were over 250 people in attendance, all of 3 that I actually knew beforehand.r.

Fucking NOPE. That sounds like a huge waste of time and my day.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
When she said ex's family, I thought she was referring to the guy she is now broken up with. That her ex-fiancee who she was a child with was going to chip in 3k.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Dear god... Yeah, the dude dodged a bullet there. My wedding ended up costing more than i wanted it to but it was still within our budget. If this is true, I wonder how she became this way. Like, what made you think you can ask that of your family and friends seriously. Did anyone try to stop here before it got that far?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
All she was asking for was $1500, c'mon you CUNTS

man I kinda feel like this could be fake, but I dunno. I was so ready to believe.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This can't be real... she sounds like an absolute horror show of a person. Entitlement on a ridiculous scale.