Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Benn will try and force the gov to release the impact papers for the BoJo deal for this Saturday. Should win and get more of a certainity this deal wont pass.

Oh and look out for the likes of Major labour leavers talking about this deal, all indications so far that apart from the usual, handful, suspects the others will fuck off the deal.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
brexit has been avoided so far primarily because of the success of the labour whipping operation in the 2017 parliament - opposing brexit votes consistently while keeping onside the majority of labour leave mp's by refusing to become hard remain and giving them legroom to reject the deals they have been offered.

hopefully they can keep it together for one last push

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Thanks! Although the chance of us getting a referendum is about the same of you guys going to Westminster.

It's amazing though, both the SNP and the SF would "prefer" the deal to go through, as it increases the chance of fulfiilling your long term goals, but neither of you can vote for it.

I think this summarizes perfectly what a conundrum Brexit is, specially for us uninitiated. For the inititated I guesd the most fitting word would be "shitshow" :P

Yeah, I feel ya. If Spain's afraid of a referendum however, then that means they're afraid of the Catalan people. Remember that and take pride in it~

Sinn Féin is starting to shift the situation towards being in the EU... In a United Ireland. ;p Y'see, we want independence, but obviously we don't want the economic calamity of Brexit causing harm to our citizens either of course. We tried, but the Tories kept on doubling down and here we are. Now, while we'd prefer to stop Brexit, realistically, the best option at this stage to us is to try focusing on a United Ireland even moreso than beforehand.

It's a tremendously awkward and difficult situation, but I think the track record of the party is as sound as can be given the circumstances where we have to toe a fine line between avoiding economic calamity and escaping the entity that imposed it upon us in the first place.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
At this point even the true believers are sick of this and just want it over and to claim a win. This deal will just get through

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no such thing as the Labour Right, please get in the sea with this stupid factional bullshit.
of course there's a Labour right just as there's a Labour left. This has literally been the core of the infighting for the last 5 years. It doesn't mean they're Tories just that they're more right on the political spectrum than left.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
of course there's a Labour right just as there's a Labour left. This has literally been the core of the infighting for the last 5 years. It doesn't mean they're Tories just that they're more right on the political spectrum than left.
Yeah no shit it has been the core of the in fighting, that's why people are calling them the "Labour Right" in order to make them sound like the far right.

Anyway I've gone through this before, I'm going to continue calling out "Labour Right" as a bullshit term.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a MINIMUM of 10 years from the date of leaving before they were even allowed to reapply?
There's no rule saying that. The only formal mechanism for leaving is outlined in Article 50 of the TEU, Article 50 says that if a leaving state wants to rejoin then the mechanism for that is Article 49, and Article 49 has no time limit.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting, probably the best one I've seen so far. All 28 Spartans voting for this deal is a big stretch though. Should have cut that down to 18. I think up to 15 of them would fuck it off.
Not sure. This is probably the last chance of brexit happening. I can see them vote for it to leave and then fuck everything once there is no remain option.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Boris gets this deal through, Labour are fucking dead at the next election.

If Boris doesn't get this deal through, Labour are very slightly less dead at the next election.

In my opinion.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Why in God's name a Labour MP who didn't support May's deal would go for Boris', which by all we know is more of the same but somewhat worse?

Is this real life?

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Not sure. This is probably the last chance of brexit happening. I can see them vote for it to leave and then fuck everything once there is no remain option.

Some of them are die hard no dealer, delusional unionists who didn't vote last time for may deals despite her promising the moon. At best they abstain.

With the dup comes a good bloc of erg at the hip.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
Why in God's name a Labour MP who didn't support May's deal would go for Boris'?

Is this real life?

they didn't support may's deal because they believed if it was voted down parliament would go for a softer brexit (through the cross party talks that went nowhere)

now any soft brexit is dead because of the people's vote establishing itself as the dominant remain position and labour's own position, it's either boris's deal to do brexit or a second referendum, which they hate, and this choice crystallises things for them

they made a mistake gambling in the spring tbh and got a worse outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.