Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Can the mod who changed the title please show their working?

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
FLuuALHXsAoOdKe.jpg:large

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023
I don't care that it's from ChatGPT, it's the math used which is nonsensical. You don't use square meter, a unit for area, to measure the volume.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
All I know is that this thread turned into 10 Eiffel towers worth of embarrassment with the "actually" and title update lol

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
whoever changed the title needs to show their work. Because they said 10 Eiffel towers judging by that new math it's wrong as well.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
how's the videogames market in Brazil compared for example with Mexico, another big LATAM country? is it huge?

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Now this is hilarious. Chat GPT should really be credited in the title though. So sad, taking away credit from poor, embattled, hardworking AI.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
In a thread with "1km = 1000cm" and trying to calculate the volume of a 2D plane, the unprompted title change with no source whatsoever might be the biggest fumble.

Last edited:

RezziHD_

Apr 28, 2022
This is Eiffel Tower erasure and I'm not gonna stand for it, on the phone to the French ambassador right now and he ain't a happy man.

In all seriousness I hope to god the updated title isn't from ChatGPT. Please don't make that become a thing.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Stealth changing the title with no ownership of doing so or source of the numbers is so odd.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
whoever changed the title needs to show their work. Because they said 10 Eiffel towers judging by that new math it's wrong as well.
No it's not.

330m x 10 / .43m(height of the PS5 box since most retail pallets are sold in stores up right and it has to be the box cause retailers don't typically sale unboxed items) = 7,647 even if you say depth wise that's still 330m x 10 / .18m = 18,333 or in other words a little over half the original title.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
No it's not.

330m x 10 / .43m(height of the PS5 box since most retail pallets are sold in stores up right and it has to be the box cause retailers don't typically sale unboxed items) = 7,647 even if you say depth wise that's still 330m x 10 / .18m = 18,333 or in other words a little over half the original title.

The original quote never mentions boxes, again, it mentions a stack of PS5s. It's all conjecture, and any of those numbers can be right or wrong. Trying to be authoritative without some actual, proper source is just dumb.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
The original quote never mentions boxes, again, it mentions a stack of PS5s. It's all conjecture, and any of those numbers can be right or wrong. Trying to be authoritative without some actual, proper source is just dumb.
A stack of PS5s at a store will not be unboxed. It's noteworthy that there weren't as many complaints when it was 31k which would rely on the PS5's being unboxed.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
We need Kabum! to clarify the number sold to be honest.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
A stack of PS5s at a store will not be unboxed. It's noteworthy that there weren't as many complaints when it was 31k which would rely on the PS5's being unboxed.

The boxes were unboxed inside the Empire State, that's why the Eiffel Tower comparision! Come on, it's not that hard!

A fonte é que eu inventei essa porra do nada.

Esse documento não prova nada, só prova que o Coringa é um filha da puta!

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Everytime I read this thread I feel like I am drunk, as I have no awareness of what is going on and everyone is just talking gibberish :P

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
He took this measurement to get 31K

Screenshot_20231128-151855.jpg

That... isn't how stores stock boxes or consoles.

image0.jpg

That's an Amazon warehouse.

See above. I'd love to see a store that stacks PS5 boxes (or any console) on their back.

It's also big cope energy to get the absolute maximum number possible. The PS5 box smallest measurement is 6.94in which is 18,800 maximum PS5's.

Cope Energy. When you are so invested in a brand that something harmless like this is called 'big cope energy'

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
No one complained when the previous math was theoretical and based on large assumptions and very definitive. The thread title update has likely by the new number.

No one complained because no one was taking it serious (well, except Welfare). The new number is as likely as any other number. There's nothing noteworthy about that, unless you're implying something else.

Should have just removed the number of units from the thread title

Exactly.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
People keep talking about Series S price increase yet I haven't seen any retailer selling it for R$3600, they were all still selling by the old price. PS5 had an aggressive discount and both Series X and S didn't had any at all.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what is happening here lol

Lol I'm dying at this thread though, I have no idea what happened. I came in when the thread was made and found the unit of measurement hilarious. Check in today, I see chatgpt maths, stealth title updates. This is too much, even for era 😂

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Lol I'm dying at this thread though, I have no idea what happened. I came in when the thread was made and found the unit of measurement hilarious. Check in today, I see chatgpt maths, stealth title updates. This is too much, even for era 😂
Wait until Chris Dring uses Big Ben to measure the consoles sold on Black Friday in UK.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
No one complained because no one was taking it serious (well, except Welfare). The new number is as likely as any other number. There's nothing noteworthy about that, unless you're implying something else.

Exactly.
I mean the thread title literally comes from a post before Welfare's post
27th post in this thread and yet we have a bunch of people asking where the math came from.

www.resetera.com

Brazilian retailer sold somewhere between zero and eight hundred thousand PS5s (Lots of Empire Eiffel State Tower Buildings) News - Sales

How do you get the 30k+ number? Obviously depends how you stack that imaginary tower of PS5 boxes, but either way I get significantly less: PS5 box height: 43cm PS5 box depth:18 cm Eiffel tower height: 330m (33'000cm) (10 x 33000) / 18 = 18'333 (10 x 33000) / 43 = 7'674 Max I get is 18k PS5...

Asking OP to clarify where they got their number