Jul 2, 2021
This thread really is delivering, LMAO.

On-topic: That's a shit ton of PS5s considering Brazil's market and Kabum's size. The fact you could get a PS5 for less than a Series S is crazy, I have no idea what Microsoft is doing here.
I think it's what some people here on Era already mentioned a few times. Microsoft doesn't care about console sales anymore. It's all about selling Game Pass subs and software on all platforms.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

Mas é claro!

images

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
First page:

>Brazillian retailer sells a lot of PS5s
>Lol Xbox

Wat? Some of these replies read like console war shit

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
First page:

>Lol Xbox

That's because of this

www.resetera.com

MS Increase the Brazilian Series S Price in 1000R$

The MSRP for the Xbox Series S has surged by 1000 Brazilian Reais in Brazil, now priced at 3599R$. That's roughly equivalent to 726.78 US Dollars based on today's exchange rates. This decision appears to be quite perplexing, and frankly, one of the least wise choices I've seen. The PS5 Digital...

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019

Cirerus

Oct 30, 2017
The price of the PS5 was so good that it was almost enough for Kabum's founders to buy one with the value of the Magazine Luiza shares they received from selling the site.

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
Eiffel Tower = 300m
3000 meters / 0.43m (ps5 box height) =~ 6.976 units

Last edited:

skyappl

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, well, I'm glad Nintendo returned to Brazil and real effort is being put into localization. That's one thing I gathered from this thread at least.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confused by this after trying to read an understand.

So 10 Eiffel towers isn't a display arrangement (like stacking the boxes into an Eiffel tower shape) but the height of the boxes stacked that high 10 times over which is 30,000 units which is a lot and is being celebrated but when people are trying to figure out how many were sold or what it means people are then being told to not take it seriously and it's just fun, so they didn't sell 30,000?

I'm just more confused having tried reading the thread than not. All I got out of it was the Series S was the cheapest console in Brazil then MS raised the price by a lot so now the PS5 is and that has now took the place and is selling well. How many Eiffel towers did the Series S sell last year?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm just more confused having tried reading the thread than not. All I got out of it was the Series S was the cheapest console in Brazil then MS raised the price by a lot so now the PS5 is and that has now took the place and is selling well. How many Eiffel towers did the Series S sell last year?
Brazil was the third biggest market for Xbox after US and UK

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Brazilian here. I already had a Series X and PS5 so I was not following the prices but the recent price rise was only for the S right?
However something that bothered me a lot was MS decided to not produced physical discs here since last year, so no deals on games.
Got an OLED Switch for less than R$ 1.900 however.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Banned
Jan 5, 2020
That's clearly incorrect though.

It's absolutely incorrect. As if someone is buying an Xbox console today and Microsoft is like well damn that wasn't what we wanted.

Microsoft cares and wants to sell as many consoles as they can. It's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. Of course they can make money in other ways just like Nintendo and Sony can.

CuriousTom92

Jul 1, 2022
Did anyone think that maybe they meant the weight of the Eiffel tower
Someone needs to ask chatgpt to calculate again

Last edited:

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
The "numbers guy" got the math wrong, that has to sting lol

I think it's what some people here on Era already mentioned a few times. Microsoft doesn't care about console sales anymore. It's all about selling Game Pass subs and software on all platforms.

You can't sell a Gamepass sub on a PS5 though, but you can on an S. That argument never made sense.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The PS5 is popular. We're assuming things here

popularity doesnt mean much here if everything is out of reach. its not an assumption, people buy cheap shit here, the series s was the cheapest, now its ridiculously expensive, and then ps5 got cheap deals for black friday so it sold a lot. one will sell basically nothing anymore and the other sold a lot with a good price, like it wasnt with its regular price, and will probably sell a lot more this holiday if they keep the deal. its not rocket science

0insideofme

Banned
Oct 26, 2023
Brazil was the third biggest market for Xbox after US and UK
Well, that makes the recent decisions from Microsoft much more nonsense. lol

Here in Brazil today you simply can't find a Xbox Series console sell oficially by the biggest retailers, just marketplace. And there's still the Series S price hike.

In the last gen Microsoft had a lot of bad decisions, but their support in Brazil was amazing, and now seems like they are thinking in leaving the country. Even Nintendo have been show a better support.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
He took this measurement to get 31K

Screenshot_20231128-151855.jpg

That... isn't how stores stock boxes or consoles.

image0.jpg

That's an Amazon warehouse.

See above. I'd love to see a store that stacks PS5 boxes (or any console) on their back.

It's also big cope energy to get the absolute maximum number possible. The PS5 box smallest measurement is 6.94in which is 18,800 maximum PS5's.

WELL ACTUALLY YOU CAN'T STACK PS5 AS HIGH AS THE EIFFEL TWOER DUH

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
psxbrasil.com.br

KaBuM! vende o equivalente a 10 torres Eiffel de PS5 durante a Black Friday 2023 - PSX Brasil

O KaBuM! conseguiu a sua maior Black Friday da sua história em 2023. Entre 23 e 26 de novembro, a empresa bateu recorde de vendas. Com descontos de até 80% em

image.png

image.png

And that's assuming KaBuM! used that area for nothing but PS5. The number isn't 30K.

This is so hilarious, your posts will become part of Era's folklore, congrats dude.

First page:

>Lol Xbox

It's because Xbox was one of MS's global strongholds until now, even xbox is officially distributed in the country, meaning is supposed to be much cheaper than PS5 (and also all the fuckups of microsoft there)

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
He took this measurement to get 31K

Screenshot_20231128-151855.jpg

That... isn't how stores stock boxes or consoles.

image0.jpg

That's an Amazon warehouse.

See above. I'd love to see a store that stacks PS5 boxes (or any console) on their back.

It's also big cope energy to get the absolute maximum number possible. The PS5 box smallest measurement is 6.94in which is 18,800 maximum PS5's.

nazar%C3%A9.gif

Loe

Jan 9, 2021
I never would have thought that a a brazilian black friday news about PS5 sales would be so popular here lol

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
To the mod who changed the title, don't forget to give us your address so we can send to you a maracanã sized bow full of coxinhas and empadinhas.

-orion-

Oct 27, 2017
last year kabum was bought for 2 billion reais by the largest retail chain in Brazil, space is probably not the problem as he can probably count on Magazine Luiza's stock