Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
He took this measurement to get 31K

Screenshot_20231128-151855.jpg

That... isn't how stores stock boxes or consoles.

image0.jpg

That's an Amazon warehouse.

See above. I'd love to see a store that stacks PS5 boxes (or any console) on their back.

It's also big cope energy to get the absolute maximum number possible. The PS5 box smallest measurement is 6.94in which is 18,800 maximum PS5's.

I mean it's a PR statement from a retailer, obviously they'll go for the maximum number possible

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
psxbrasil.com.br

KaBuM! vende o equivalente a 10 torres Eiffel de PS5 durante a Black Friday 2023 - PSX Brasil

O KaBuM! conseguiu a sua maior Black Friday da sua história em 2023. Entre 23 e 26 de novembro, a empresa bateu recorde de vendas. Com descontos de até 80% em

Em 2023, o KaBuM! destinou ainda mais 3 000 m² para o estoque e gestão dos produtos, totalizando 26 000 m² – equivalente a mais de três campos de futebol. Além disso, o CD conta com um moderno sistema de automação, com um aumento de 50% na capacidade de processamento em relação ao ano passado.

In 2023, KaBuM! also allocated an additional 3,000 m² for the storage and management of products, totaling 26,000 m² – equivalent to more than three football fields. In addition, the DC has a modern automation system, with a 50% increase in processing capacity compared to last year.

image.png

image.png

And that's assuming KaBuM! used that area for nothing but PS5. The number isn't 30K.

CuriousTom92

Jul 1, 2022
Okay? I don't know if I'm getting the point here.

Edit: if chatgpt is trying to calculate using square meters and cubic metres at the same time, that's probably wrong

RezziHD_

Apr 28, 2022
Man some of you are getting wayyy too serious about what is basically a 'hey it did pretty good' post and a bunch of memes/jokes lmao

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
psxbrasil.com.br

KaBuM! vende o equivalente a 10 torres Eiffel de PS5 durante a Black Friday 2023 - PSX Brasil

O KaBuM! conseguiu a sua maior Black Friday da sua história em 2023. Entre 23 e 26 de novembro, a empresa bateu recorde de vendas. Com descontos de até 80% em

image.png

image.png

And that's assuming KaBuM! used that area for nothing but PS5. The number isn't 30K.
Yes they added that extra space to deal with demand.
That doesn't mean a big conpany like KaBuM in such a massive country like Brasil, is the only storage they have.

I'm sure confuse about what point you trying to make.

You think that is the only storage that big chain has?

CuriousTom92

Jul 1, 2022
Just pointing out that if you divide square feet by cubic feet, you make a mathematian cry somewhere in the world, which is just sad

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
User Warned: Antagonizing Fellow Member

First thing, learn maths. Second thing, learn not to mix units. Each PS5 box is 0.036378m³, and assuming this 26,000m² of additional storage space is all standard 10m tall logistics depots (as usual here in Brazil), that would be a volume for 7,147,176 boxes.

Maybe it would be easier for you if you used the simpler, more elegant metric system.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, can't believe Sony sold a billion PS5s last week in Brazil alone

undefined

Jan 3, 2021
Chatbots are unreliable for anything, and specially unreliable for math

That being said the unsourced estimates are pretty much meaningless as depending how you interpret the statement the numbers vary wildly 😅 might be that or like 4x smaller than that

Det

Jul 30, 2020
psxbrasil.com.br

image.png

image.png

??? You divided floorspace (square feet) with box volume (cubic feet).

It's 0.036378m³ (43cm * 47cm * 18cm) for box volume into 260,000m³ of warehouse volume (26,000m2 floor area * 10m height) assuming a 10m ceiling height, coming out to ~7.147 million units.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
>I don't like when numbers are inaccurate and then shared around like fact.

>Here are some nonsense numbers an AI chatbot spat out that I'm going to accept as fact without doing a rudimentary once over

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
No way people are actually getting upset at a light-hearted reference by a retailer lmaooo

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Banned
Jan 5, 2020
People taking this seriously and really digging into the math behind it are starting to make me question if I want to be here anymore.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Not gonna lie, the poster that brought up Chat GPT calcs to try and prove it wrong shows why a base knowledge is needed in math/writing/etc when using these AI tools. That way you can check your work because now math whizs are proving you wrong and you just admitted that you'd fail a math exam even while cheating

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This thread really is delivering, LMAO.

On-topic: That's a shit ton of PS5s considering Brazil's market and Kabum's size. The fact you could get a PS5 for less than a Series S is crazy, I have no idea what Microsoft is doing here. They have the perfect product for emerging markets and Brazil is one of the few countries outside of US/UK/Canada where Xbox has any brand power and... they decide to do that. Meanwhile, Sony aggressively markets Spider-Man 2 and has great BF sales and Nintendo finally returns to the country with localized games and very good hardware prices.