• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
www.cnn.com

Bolsonaro shrugs off criticism he is 'genocidal' as Brazil reports record 4,000 daily deaths

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has shrugged off criticisms that he is "genocidal" in his opposition to Covid-19 restrictions, as the nation recorded its deadliest 24 hours of the pandemic so far.

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has shrugged off criticisms that he is "genocidal" in his opposition to Covid-19 restrictions, as the nation recorded its deadliest 24 hours of the pandemic so far.

Brazil smashed its previous daily record with 4,195 Covid-19 fatalities, health ministry data Tuesday showed -- marking the highest death count in the world for that 24-hour period, according to Johns Hopkins University. The new figures pushed Brazil's total pandemic death toll to almost 337,000.

Additionally, nearly 87,000 new Covid-19 cases were reported across the country, raising the total tally of infections to 13,100,580, according to the health ministry.

"They called me homophobic, racist, fascist, a torturer and now... what is it now? Now I am... someone who kills a lot of people? Genocidal. Now, I'm genocidal," he said to supporters outside the Presidential Palace in Brasilia on Tuesday evening, according to video posted on YouTube.

Several of Bolsonaro's political opponents have accused him of "genocide," using the term loosely to characterize the consequences of his Covid-19 response.

"What am I not blamed for here in Brazil?" Bolsonaro asked rhetorically in the video.

"I saw some recent research that those who have a healthy lifestyle are eight times less likely to have problems with Covid," he said. "You lock people at home... what does he do at home? I doubt they haven't increased their weight a little, from last year to this year."

"Even I grew my belly a little bit," he joked.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
"They called me homophobic, racist, fascist, a torturer and now... what is it now? Now I am... someone who kills a lot of people? Genocidal. Now, I'm genocidal," he said to supporters outside the Presidential Palace in Brasilia on Tuesday evening, according to video posted on YouTube.

"I saw some recent research that those who have a healthy lifestyle are eight times less likely to have problems with Covid," he said. "You lock people at home... what does he do at home? I doubt they haven't increased their weight a little, from last year to this year."

"Even I grew my belly a little bit," he joked.
What a joke of a ramble. Brazil deserves better.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
A friend of my grandma died yesterday, she's devastated.

In 50 years kids will ask how we let that happen.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. That's horrific. If you adjust for population sizes that's the equivalent of 6500 a day in the US, which is almost 50% higher than the US reached (4480). That's terrifying.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Fucking hell. This far into it, how can anyone -- especially someone in charge of running a country -- be this cavalier about COVID? Horrific situation.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell. This far into it, how can anyone -- especially someone in charge of running a country -- be this cavalier about COVID? Horrific situation.
Because he's an asshole that thinks admitting fault means he's weak. Also because congress cares more about their pockets than actually helping out the population. They could have impeached him several times over but haven't and probably won't.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
you know what's incredibly awful?

that despite the shockingly high amount of deaths related to Covid-19 and mismanagement from the pandemic from this fascist piece of shit, he still has thousands and thousands of supporters who don't care or will make any excuse for him.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Guy is the worst thing that could happen to Brazil in this point time. Brazilian people has my sympathy, but we need to stop electing populist assholes. Latam is sadly (And backed by the USA) full of those idiots. We also need to get the damn churches out of politics!

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
He's always come across as a sociopath even before he became President. This interview he had with Stephen Fry gave me chills at the time. I had no idea at time that he'd go onto become President.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

that despite the shockingly high amount of deaths related to Covid-19 and mismanagement from the pandemic from this fascist piece of shit, he still has thousands and thousands of supporters who don't care or will make any excuse for him.

As an American, this is all too familiar. Though somehow, some way, this guy is worse than Trump, which takes real effort.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
How is it possible that he has the support that he has? I mean even Trump sorta kinda at least tried to somewhat shoddily hide the fact he didn't give a shit, but this is just open

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
TIL people with healthy lifestyles are healthier.]

This guy sounds like a total piece of shit.

He IS a giant piece of shit.

He made me rethink my opinion in so many people I used to think were decent.

How is it possible that he has the support that he has? I mean even Trump sorta kinda at least tried to somewhat shoddily hide the fact he didn't give a shit, but this is just open

Right now, only the most brainwashed people supports him.

The sad thing is that there's no one to run against him, only Lula, and many people HATE his guts for no reason. Like my dad, won't vote for Bolsonaro but also won't vote for Lula.

We need a candidate to unify the left/center/liberals and there's none. :/

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
He even compared the current situation with the HIV in the 70s, said HIV was not fought against because it was a "people with differentiated sexual behaviors" thing, said that in Africa "there's nothing" and that there's a "global conspiration" against early treatment for Covid-19.

4k deaths in a single day, and he doesn't give a single fuck.

We can't protest because of the pandemic. The Congress does nothing and sits on all impeachment requests. The Senate also does nothing. Police officers and low-rank military officers defend him. What's going on is a mass extermination program, and no one moves a finger.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
As an American, this is all too familiar. Though somehow, some way, this guy is worse than Trump, which takes real effort.

cult mentality + extreme selfishness + easy answers to complex problems. Plus a bit of the good old "current generations are the worst! snoflakes! crystal generation! He tells it LIKE IT IS!!!!!" that also permeated Trump's career and... yeah. People, especially indoctrinated people, do not give a *fuck*. It's all "fuck you, got mine".

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Again, I let this recommendation if anyone wants to understand the mess:

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Because he's an asshole that thinks admitting fault means he's weak. Also because congress cares more about their pockets than actually helping out the population. They could have impeached him several times over but haven't and probably won't.

Where are those who supported Dilma's impeachment and helped to put this lunatic in power now?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope this guy gets locked in a cell and rot there until he dies of old age. Bolsonaro is a fucking monster.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I feel really bad for those who have to live under this idiot's gross incompetence. I thought Trump was bad, but the response in Brazil is somehow even more botched.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Even me myself not a Brazillian, some of discord servers I join has this pos worshipper that ready to protect him anytime at any cost.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Where are those who supported Dilma's impeachment and helped to put this lunatic in power now?
They're still at it, shouting and bragging that "PT starred in the biggest corruption scandal in the world", "at least we took them out" and "anything but PT".

Don't be fooled, there are MILLIONS who still go to bat for Bolsonaro and his allies. They're completely indoctrinated, they listen to no one and will die screaming against Communists, against the "politically correct" and voting for alt-right reps. They're utterly lost.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Still saying "PT bad" to the wind somewhere.

Remember they were outraged the dollar was R$3,00 in her mandate? Now it's almost R$6,00.

I do hope this guy gets locked in a cell and rot there until he dies of old age. Bolsonaro is a fucking monster.

My hopes aren't that nice.... but I would take it.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
4000 in a day, jesus. Absolutely awful. India also in a bad spot right now.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Words can't describe how much of an idiot Bolsonaro is. I hate him as much as Trump.

Dec 31, 2017
He's seriously such a sociopath. I'm sorry Brazilians. You deserve better. That is a monstrous death toll and it is peaking upwards yet.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Millions. This piece of shit has millions of supporters.

:(

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the attitude regarding the vaccine in Brazil? Are most people receptive about getting vaccinated?
Most are. However, our process has been super slow when it's usually one of the fastest in the world. Where I live, there's no vaccine for anyone under 66 years old, outside of the 2nd dose. We started in January, mind you, with only Coronavac and the AstraZeneca one.

There is also some concerning news. Yesterday, Congress approved a law that allows companies to buy vaccines for their employees, as long as they're in the same age group as the rest of the population being vaccinated at the same time on the public system. Yes, capitalism dictating who gets a vaccine. There are also reports of some nurses here and there only pretending to inject the vaccine and some police officers trying to intimidate nurses to get priority. Can it get worse? Yes. Last week, a group of rich people bought first doses of the Pfizer one and hired some nurses to vaccinate them.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Within 2 months every single brazilian will know someone who has died from COVID.

Bolsonaro should be sent straight to jail for crimes against humanity, the piece of shit.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Bolsonaro should be sent straight to jail for crimes against humanity, the piece of shit.

Not only regarding COVID, but the environment, and all the LGBTQ+phobia, racism and sexism he helps to spread.

Trump needs to work a lot to take his crown of worst president ever.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
lovgm.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Here is a video of him saying that to make it go away he would only have to pay the big news tv channel the same that it was payed in other goverments (i don't know what is worst, the implication that they are lying to make him look bad or that he would rather not make the results public, which the military dictatorship he loves did with a smaller pandemic)

video with english subtitles :

Wari Oman

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 2, 2021
Some nameless Brazillian hero should really infiltrate his palace and fuck him up good.

But start by getting #bolsanerogenocida trending on Twitter worldwide would be nice too.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Patting themselves on the back because they were able to oust the PT party from power and have been able to poison a lot of public opinion against the party. Aside from that they're just happily counting the money they take from the people of the country to line their pockets because they literally couldn't give less of a fuck about anybody else.

So yeah honestly, every Brasil thread I say the same thing but I don't even know how Brazil will make it to next years election with the way things are now.