• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've waited so long for this game that it does not bother me to wait a little longer. The same thing I'm doing right now with Metro Exodus

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's okay to do what you want, it's not okay to misrepresent the problem as "just another launcher". It's not, it's threatening the ecosystem and is utterly anti-consumer and anti-competitive. We've been there hundreds of times. Stop with this, please.

I did not present my argument as "it's just another launcher", you misinterpreted that entirely wrong. I said "attacks on people who decide to purchase on another launcher". I wasn't dismissing the issue here, in fact the last part of the very comment you quoted said that I do have an issue with how EPIC is doing business.

I was just stating that attacking someone by saying they have less dignity because of where they choose to purchase Borderlands 3 is laughable, because regardless of how shitty this is it is not THAT serious that we need to question peoples level of dignity.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I hope the people that see the harm this exclusivity shit is causing actually have the tenacity to stick it through.

I really hope so as well. If Borderlands sells well on EGS, the flood doors will be wide open for more moneyhatting on AAA games. And not only by Epic that is. No doubt several other big companies will join the party if it's proven that the majority of pc gamers are fine with moneyhatting.

There isn't some high stakes involved with this, it's just shitty, plain and simple.

For the future of pc gaming, stakes ARE high this time. But it's perfectly understandable that not everyone cares about that. Some people just want to play games.

I just hope enough people care to make a difference.

Last edited:

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
All my friends going to play borderlands 3 on ps4 instead of pc thanks to Epic, I guess I'll just need to find more patient friends

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Do they really not have a single physical thing with the most expensive edition?

Just some memey buttstallion cosmetics that will be ugly?

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
I did not present my argument as "it's just another launcher", you misinterpreted that entirely wrong. I said "attacks on people who decide to purchase on another launcher". I wasn't dismissing the issue here, in fact the last part of the very comment you quoted said that I do have an issue with how EPIC is doing business.

I was just stating that attacking someone by saying they have less dignity because of where they choose to purchase Borderlands 3 is laughable, because regardless of how shitty this is it is not THAT serious that we need to question peoples level of dignity.

I agree that no one should be "attacked" for choosing to purchase the game on EGS. However these exclusivity deals by Epic, should they continue, will mark a monumental shift in how the PC gaming business has operated since forever. I don't believe this should be downplayed as "not THAT serious". It is a big deal.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Do they really not have a single physical thing with the most expensive edition?

Just some memey buttstallion cosmetics that will be ugly?
For that you'll want the 250$ edition which comes with a loot chest, 10 figurines, a map, some litographs and other stuff. But the 99$ version? Yeah nothing.

Solid trailer though, not a fan of the music but yeah. Instanced loot is a pretty big plus but the fact you can play with the classic rules is good too! Definitely gonna play with FL4K on the first playthrough.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
For that you'll want the 250$ edition which comes with a loot chest, 10 figurines, a map, some litographs and other stuff. But the 99$ version? Yeah nothing.

Solid trailer though, not a fan of the music but yeah. Instanced loot is a pretty big plus but the fact you can play with the classic rules is good too! Definitely gonna play with FL4K on the first playthrough.
Oof 250 is too much

Was hoping for a small physical thing for 100 dollars

Damm

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Yo guys, can someone help me out here. I'm trying to experiment on the regional pricing on Epic Games Store, and I'm using Brazil as my example.
When I set my account to brazil and go to purchase, Borderlands 3 first shows 59.99 USD, then at checkout it changes to 30 USD, which is 116 Brazilian Real.

Does EGS always show USD as the currency? Or should the currency reflect the region?

I have a couple pictures attached. I don't know if it's just something wrong with the store.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017

Gotcha.

However don't expect us to be overly warm when these people don't give a damn about the precedent and harm they are enabling either, not with the wealth of information and arguments made against it.

walriii314

Oct 28, 2017
Wallet is $130 lighter today, got the super duper deluxe edition and BL1 game of the year edition for X1X, can't wait to loot Knox armory again

Last edited:

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Hope the inverse cover has the old cover art with the finger guns but the third arm is a leg or something lol

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Yo guys, can someone help me out here. I'm trying to experiment on the regional pricing on Epic Games Store, and I'm using Brazil as my example.
When I set my account to brazil and go to purchase, Borderlands 3 first shows 59.99 USD, then at checkout it changes to 30 USD, which is 116 Brazilian Real.

Does EGS always show USD as the currency? Or should the currency reflect the region?

I have a couple pictures attached. I don't know if it's just something wrong with the store.

unknown.png

unknown.png

At least in Brazil, the store always shows the price in USD, yes. There's regional pricing, but charged in USD.

Mandikiri

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Boston, MA.

Gotcha.

However don't expect us to be overly warm when these people don't give a damn about the precedent and harm they are enabling either, not with the wealth of information and arguments made against it.

That's fine. Just keep the insults to yourselves (not saying you're insulting someone here. But individuals are doing so).

My personal priorities aren't the same as yours. Meaning is why I don't really care which store I buy my games from.

But I totally understand those that chose to wait, rightfully so. You have the right to do so as a consumer. But don't come here insulting me because I chose to buy the game on a store you don't agree with.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
This thread isn't blowing up nearly as much as I would have expected. I guess we are now at the Acceptance stage with Epic and just expect this now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This thread isn't blowing up nearly as much as I would have expected. I guess we are now at the Acceptance stage with Epic and just expect this now.
Yeah and there were leaks about this a week ago so not much more we can say other than it sucks

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay to do what you want, it's not okay to misrepresent the problem as "just another launcher". It's not, it's threatening the ecosystem and is utterly anti-consumer and anti-competitive. We've been there hundreds of times. Stop with this, please.

"I've stated my argument hundreds of times and they still disagree with my framing! That's not ok!"

It actually is ok. This sort of mob mentality is toxic.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry if this has been said countless times but I'm not really a PC player, although I don't understand the EGS debacle, to me it's just another launcher to download for the players and Epic is moneyhating devs/editors to get timed exclusivity on their store, not something new in the industry. And they offer a better split on revenue for devs, so what's the problem exactly?

ssnick37

Oct 27, 2017
Companies are perfectly fine to pursue exclusive deals. And I am perfectly fine to wait until the game is on steam.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

unknown.png

unknown.png
Anybody have experience with this? I'm all for waiting and all that to show I'm not supporting Epic's practices, but if I can own the game for 50% off, I'm gonna do it.

Edit: Aww

FoHA62g.png

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Out of my group, that 4 playered all of 1, 2, and presequel, barring me 2 are refusing now because they don't trust the epic store spying stuff. So none of us are getting it now, gg 2k.

7thFloor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
I'm sorry if this has been said countless times but I'm not really a PC player, although I don't understand the EGS debacle, to me it's just another launcher to download for the players and Epic is moneyhating devs/editors to get timed exclusivity on their store, not something new in the industry. And they offer a better split on revenue for devs, so what's the problem exactly?
As a matter of fact it has been said countless times, maybe you should go back and read through those dozens of instances. Just search "just another launcher".

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Companies are perfectly fine to pursue exclusive deals. And I am perfectly fine to wait until the game is on steam.

Yeah, this is basically my take too. Some are getting a bit irrational with anger towards epic and the pubs who join them. This strategy is probably short term and who knows if it will pay off in the long run. Either way, I have plenty of other games to play and things to spend my time on and I will pick these up later when on Steam or maybe not at all if that ship has sailed and the games are meh.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
That's fine. I however, as someone who has played primarily on the PC since the early 90s and thinks this attempt to create walled gardens in a space that it hasn't existed stands by my statement. If you can't take a stand and wait a few months, that's on you.

I also don't shop at Walmart and don't support the PBA as well.

I feel you. With so many things coming out I can just laugh and carry on. I guess they are counting on people not giving a damn and/or not being able to wait. I'm trying to get through division 2, outward, portia when I'm feeling something relaxing add COD with my friends. Still have to play Nier and Automata plus I plan on getting a switch this fall. Dude with so many really cool games coming out all the time anymore its easier than ever to wait on shit like this lmao

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a matter of fact it has been said countless times, maybe you should go back and read through those dozens of instances. Just search "just another launcher".
Yeah, really weird that instead of seeing a bunch of people coming up with genuine reasons for defending Epic's practices, you just get a bunch of people essentially posting, "I'm ignorant, and clearly don't care enough about this topic to Google anything, but I'm gonna post my opinion here anyways."

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
60€ in Spain and 6 month exclusive to the EGS with all the DLC we all know it will have. I think I'll wait for a Steam sale around 2021 instead of 2020.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
thanks for your insight. Appreciate it.

Yeah, really weird that instead of seeing a bunch of people coming up with genuine reasons for defending Epic's practices, you just get a bunch of people essentially posting, "I'm ignorant, and clearly don't care enough about this topic to Google anything, but I'm gonna post my opinion here anyways."
K.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
PC Gamer published an article which explains how this is good for 2K, ignores the consumer perspective and implies that those who have a problem with EGS are Steam loyalists.

Beyond completely worthless, this so called games media.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Ehh I am excited a new game is coming but I don't mind waiting , there's just so much dlc content coming to the game like the others so I will wait for the game not just for the six months but just in general 😂

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Read this very long and multi-part Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/RobotBrush/status/1112204567394086913

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium

Some nice people made a nice FAQ for you:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18YudW7kBCBTSr3kJp_4EEiEmT5I7c2B5/view

Enjoy your reading! :)

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
As expected. The moment Pitchfork made that tweet talking about 6 months and telling people send their comments to the publisher I knew that the exclusivity was coming. Well at least it's only six months

ssnick37

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is basically my take too. Some are getting a bit irrational with anger towards epic and the pubs who join them. This strategy is probably short term and who knows if it will pay off in the long run. Either way, I have plenty of other games to play and things to spend my time on and I will pick these up later when on Steam or maybe not at all if that ship has sailed and the games are meh.

Yup. Im not ruling out getting it on the Epic store, but I was so juiced about this game and this whole exclusivity just made me lose some steam on BL3. I have 320 hours on BL2 and I am literally still playing it with my friend we are in the DLC of UVH now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I still think it's so weird there's 2 pet classes out of the 4 launch ones.

PARANOiA

Oct 25, 2017
$10 more expensive than retail in Australia. Terrible form, Randy. Pushing this back on 2K after championing why this was a great idea for weeks is pretty cowardly.

Good to see the small Devs getting their reward I guess? SMH

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
Looks pretty cool but I'm a bit disappointed that the game looks literally identical to BL2 graphically. I know it uses a stylized look, but there are still things you can improve and change. This looks like it's literally the same tech. Not to sound too salty, but to be honest I'm kind of wondering what they've been doing for the past 7 years. This doesn't look like 7 years of work. This looks like something Ubisoft would churn out annually.

Still gonna play it tho

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
This is probably a stupid question, so I apologize if so, but can you add Epic games to your Steam library via the "Add a Non-Steam Game" feature?

I really love using Big Picture Mode with Steam link in my bedroom and I'd prefer to launch things from that interface.