DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
A first party game that's only on sonys platform is fine. 3rd party exclusives are not fine on PC nor console.

There are plenty of reasons YOU should care but it's also your right not to.

Does not mean people should not complain just because your ok with less consumer options.

I literally saw no fuss being made with Nioh timed exclusivity on Sony's part,so I think it's a bit hypocritical....

Core

Oct 30, 2017
Sad to see the exclusivity thing, this sort of deal might actually kill the game on pc.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
People mad over that statement? It's a pigs fly kinda thing, shit ain't happening so stop asking for it to

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Epic was allowed to sell games directly through an app on PS4. Now imagine you HAD to buy their games (and games from other publishers that Epic has made deals with) on it with no option of purchasing them on the normal PS Store app.
And this app had a ton of the usual PS4 features missing

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Epic was allowed to sell games directly through an app on PS4. Now imagine you HAD to buy their games (and games from other publishers that Epic has made deals with) on it with no option of purchasing them on the normal PS Store app.

Console exclusivity is even worse than that. If you want a game that is exclusive to PS4 then you DO have to buy them through an exclusive app (the PS Store). No option to buy through Xbox. Even if the PS4 has missing features, like not cross-play (which it does), or not being able to port your friends over (which you cant). The added hassle with console is if you do want to cave and get the game on PS4, you have to buy a PS4.

At least with EGS vs. Steam you you already have the correct platform and there are no added costs for accessing the store (ignoring region pricing issues for this metaphor).

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Console exclusivity is even worse than that. If you want a game that is exclusive to PS4 then you DO have to buy them through an exclusive app (the PS Store). No option to buy through Xbox. Even if the PS4 has missing features, like not cross-play (which it does), or not being able to port your friends over (which you cant). The added hassle with console is if you do want to cave and get the game on PS4, you have to buy a PS4.

At least with EGS vs. Steam you you already have the correct platform and there are no added costs for accessing the store (ignoring region pricing issues for this metaphor).

But that's the problem, right? What Epic is doing is bringing down a facsimile of the console exclusivity war to the PC market. Who wins then? It isn't the consumers. I think it is "whataboutism" to assert that consoles have exclusivity wars too.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Just because things are generally worse on console doesn't mean the current situation with EGS is acceptable.

Oct 25, 2017

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I'm not saying that is the case. I'm specifically addressing the comment below to note that it's a pretty minor deal compared to platform exclusivity.

Well, I don't think a whataboutism regarding console exclusivity is really constructive or relevant to the PC market since the ecosystems are so different.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
It depends on the country. Epic doessn't support local currencies for a lot of places and for those places the price is in dollars. Additionally unless you have a Brazilian payment option (a brazilian card) you won't be able to purchase as your payment will fail. Lastly, even if you somehow manage to buy it...your EGS will LOCK to the region you bought your first game in and the only way to change it is by contacting support...which means you can't do it frequently or else you'll get flagged.

Aye, I've figured that. I was investigating not to purchase for myself, but just their regional pricing in general.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is really the only thing new about this game additional classes and different environments?

It feels so incredibly iterative.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is really the only thing new about this game additional classes and different environments?

Yeah, considering a lot of people skipped the pre-sequel, presumably, because it was more of the same, the hype around this being like "it didn't change, it's the same!" feels weird to me?

I hope I'm wrong and there will be more changes, but even just sticking to the four characters and tying classes to them is a bummer for me

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This bit from the PlayStation Blog about it was interesting, a lot of new info in here

You'll be capable of tackling the Calypso Twins and their fanatical followers alone, but when you team up with other Vault Hunters, you'll really feel unstoppable. With that in mind, one of the things that I'm most excited about in Borderlands 3 are the improvements that we've made to co-op. Regardless of your respective levels or mission progress, you and your friends can play together online or on the couch, and not only will each of you deal a meaningful amount of damage, you'll also receive your own discrete loot stream. No more loot ninjas! Of course, if you prefer to play with classic Borderlands 2 co-op rules—where loot is shared—you can choose to do so.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm beyond excited for BL3, but I don't understand why it's a big deal that it's going to be on the epic store for 6 months. I'm not trying to start shit, I really just don't get it. I've seen lots of other threads and people are mad I'm just not sure why. In today's day and age where even SSDs come in 1tb and are easy to get why installing one more program to play is an issue. Again, not trying to start crap just trying to understand.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm beyond excited for BL3, but I don't understand why it's a big deal that it's going to be on the epic store for 6 months. I'm not trying to start shit, I really just don't get it. I've seen lots of other threads and people are mad I'm just not sure why. In today's day and age where even SSDs come in 1tb and are easy to get why installing one more program to play is an issue. Again, not trying to start crap just trying to understand.
The only real complaint that I have is the lack of regional pricing for a lot of areas making games much more expensive, and some countries are just completely able to complete purchases through the storefront making it just impossible to buy anything

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
The only real complaint that I have is the lack of regional pricing for a lot of areas making games much more expensive, and some countries are just completely able to complete purchases through the storefront making it just impossible to buy anything

Ok so this actually gives me some real information. That does suck. Badly. I can see why people in those countries would have a major beef.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I for one am stoked that's it's a Epic exclusive. Also stoked at the prospect of crossplay. Hyped for the game in general and cant wait for September!

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

Alt fire for guns, better distinction between manufacturers (possibly gun customization outside of vladof guns), 3 action skills, sliding, one big skill tree instead of three, and probably more we don't know about. Then the iterative stuff like more locations, new classes, new weapon element, new enemies, more vehicle and character customization, better coop mechanics. Not much more to ask for when building off BL2 and feels like a natural evolution for the series.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Super dumb question, but given the Xbox/PC interconnectivity hints, what's the over and under on Sony offering it this time around?

I know they're historically dickheads with this stuff, but I've got a mate who is a big Borderlands fan who'd prefer to play it on his PS4. I'd normally skip this because I think I had my fill with Borderlands 2, but would consider grabbing it on PC if I could play with him.

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
Pre-order the Super Deluxe Whatever Third Edition from Epic.

Don't care about steam vs epic vs other platforms, I play games, not companies.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super dumb question, but given the Xbox/PC interconnectivity hints, what's the over and under on Sony offering it this time around?

I know they're historically dickheads with this stuff, but I've got a mate who is a big Borderlands fan who'd prefer to play it on his PS4. I'd normally skip this because I think I had my fill with Borderlands 2, but would consider grabbing it on PC if I could play with him.
No idea, but i'm betting on it being whatever their stance will be with Epic login information being shared with all parties.
Hell to be quite honest i see things going this way. Xbox and Epic crossplay, Ps4 and steam crossplay (6 months later). But this is just baseless speculation. I'd love Sony to just go and be fine with crossplay, but i dont see that happening.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Disappointed that Fiona isn't one of the 4 playable vault hunters. DLC character, hopefully. I'll probably shell out for the Super Deluxe edition as we get closer to launch.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Utter garbage move by Epic, but expected from the way they talked about it. At this point I'd want Steam to start buying their own exclusives as being for everything *but* EGS.