• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Question...
So if my game-save was made after the first patch but before the second, should I start a new game after the second patch, due to some bug with chests? I'm like 2 hours in, and really don't want to restart.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Hello, can someone help me with the map? I have been stuck for the last half an hour.

I know that the final room gives me 0.1% for 99.9% but I can't the find the last room I need.

hQoPbqM.png

Go and beat the game. The final boss room is 4 squares long which is exactly .2%. Just save after you beat the game and it'll be 100, or you cna explore the rooms and Warp back to town if you wanted

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Go and beat the game. The final boss room is 4 squares long which is exactly .2%. Just save after you beat the game and it'll be 100, or you cna explore the rooms and Warp back to town if you wanted

I figured it out 30 minutes ago when I finished the game. I thought the map had to be filled out for 100% before ending the game. I got 99.9% on Aria of Sorrow after finishing the game and going through the final area and it didn't count.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Any hints on how to progress?

Just got the

double jump

Edit: Nvm, found my way. This waterfall area sure wears its SoTN influence on it's sleeve. Like, moreso than any other area so far.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Question...
So if my game-save was made after the first patch but before the second, should I start a new game after the second patch, due to some bug with chests? I'm like 2 hours in, and really don't want to restart.

I don't know what system you're on. Xbox has not received the Day 1 patch yet, so I have been waiting to play it, which is some dumb shit for sure and I am literally pissed off. I can't interact with the community because I'm waiting to play. Already played about 8 hours and I love it, but had to stop until this is all sorted.

If I understand correctly, new games on patch 1.02 are golden. Anything before that, good luck.

Medica II

Alt account
Banned
Jun 14, 2019
Does anyone know if the Grand Izayoi functions similarly to the Muramasa in SoTN? The description makes it sound like you can power it up and its atk is quite low compared to the Blue Rose.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
played further, 39% map clear on hard mode

what i really like is, there are countless options for loadouts and you can play around with all those skills to the point that the game feels completely different, i think the itemization is really well done all around.

also, map is getting better the further i go in this game, some real clever shortcuts

i think a little bit more polish would have been nice, performance as well as the graphics could have been better than they are but the game is good fun and that is what counts in the end.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
So I lied. I couldn't stop playing the game, so I decided to bang out a full 100% completion. Honestly didn't take me as long as I thought it would; my playtime on a save file is only a little short of 24 hours. Thing I learned most from that time, though, is that some techniques are super friggin cool and I'm looking forward to using them more extensively in my next playthrough. I was totally sleeping on stuff like Penetrate and Jinrai.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
all passive shards are like that at rank 9 but at a reduced effect. they become toggle-able passives like double jump and shortcuts. you can also keep them equipped and it will stack with the passive version on your person
This is a game changer. I was playing normal with no none of the passives at rank 9. I quickly upgraded a chunk of them to rank 9 asap lol. Only one I would hesitate to upgrade is Alchemic Bounty. 9 gold material per upgrade at rank 4. That's just too much.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Someone please tell me how the hell to get rice. I have Rice Seeds but don't know wtf to do.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
wow even playing after uninstalling the patch, I cant get a certain late game, spike related item.

Fuck this.

edit: lmao updating to 1.2 fixed it. this experience has been a rollercoaster

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to hit some framerate issues on PS4 Pro...pretty disappointing. Can't imagine how bad switch is gonna be. There's no reason this game should be running like this.

UnsungVagrant

Dec 11, 2017
Got the Platinum and leveled the Bloodbringer summon to 99. The attack on the sword goes from 54 to 55 at max level. It feels so good to blast away with unlimited diamond ammo.

I was one of the guys that restarted after patch 1.02 on PS4 so I was glad I was able to do everything. Can't wait to play as Zangetsu.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I maxed Alchemic Bounty today. It is incredible.
yup basically a RNG chance to dupe pain in the ass components like diamonds for the alkahest cost of dismantling any of the bonus copies of gear you craft the dupe chance is rolled per item so once you dupe one and have alkahest to do so keep crafting and dismantling multiples. i plan to revert the patch once im at endgame in Hard mode to feel safe when i try nightmare mode with tons of food for heals XD. still need to find orichalcum tho =/
This is a game changer. I was playing normal with no none of the passives at rank 9. I quickly upgraded a chunk of them to rank 9 asap lol. Only one I would hesitate to upgrade is Alchemic Bounty. 9 gold material per upgrade at rank 4. That's just too much.
i would see if u can craft something taht uses gold and have alchemic bounty lvl 4 equipped and craft and dismantle till u get dupes and then dismantle the dupes for free gold :P farm alkahest from ghost type enemies since patch ahs em at 800 a pop

Last edited:

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Been enjoying it but the game really needed 6 more months. Doesnt feel as tight as it should from a very overall perspective (gameplay, audio, storytelling, animations), some glaring typos too (unless scetch is an actual way to spell sketch...) that make the experience feel amateurish (Im assuming those out of place portraits are for backers, those stand out like a sore thumb)

Also bummed that it retconned Curse of the Moon out of canon, would have made the story stronger.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Been enjoying it but the game really needed 6 more months. Doesnt feel as tight as it should from a very overall perspective (gameplay, audio, storytelling, animations), some glaring typos too (unless scetch is an actual way to spell sketch...) that make the experience feel amateurish (Im assuming those out of place portraits are for backers, those stand out like a sore thumb)

Also bummed that it retconned Curse of the Moon out of canon, would have made the story stronger.
agreed but hopefully this proof of concept as it were can lead to better things.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game probably going to suck on Switch?

Already maimed with 30fps, I'm thinking the port is going to be over-all ROUGH.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

It didn't retcon Curse of the Moon out of canon, Curse of the Moon retconned Curse of the Moon out of canon.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

this 100%

the game could have been much better with another 6month polish

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an item that heals you like that incredible cheap shield in SotN? Besides (mid game shard) blood steal.

There's a R1 Healing shard, but you'll have to put some work into upgrading it for it to be even remotely useful. You can also create a Passive Regeneration shard, but even upgraded to a Permanent skill shard it's not doing much.

Can you spoil it for me?

Green Fairies down in the Lab after the train.