• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
The running animation just seems so off. Not sure exactly what it is, but it's jarring to look at. The rest of the game seems great though.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Wow so the physical PS4 Edition is out now in the us, but Europe has to wait till the 21st? Sad, would really like to play it on the holiday on thursday. Getting some 90s vibes again, where we were always last in europe with new releases.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Well on my desktop (i7 4790k@4GHz + GTX 1070 + 32 Gigs RAM) it's a locked 60 fps @ 1440p with graphics settings on epic.

You'll have to detele the old demo saves manually, located around c:/users/username/appdata/local/bloodstainedRotN/saves - but there's a ton of free save slots and I just alt-tabbed out of the game and deleted the old save and the slot was free in-game.

Wait. Locked at 60fps?

*Cries in 144hz*

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping PC is getting a patch too because the performance so far is terrible. It also doesn't have widescreen support.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Are those first time bonuses on cooked food permanent? Like the Rice ball gives max hp +10, con +2. That's forever when I eat my first one?

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
No Steam Cloud support kinda sucks. Means I'll only be playing this at home, I guess.
Damn, I was thinking about going PC instead of waiting for Switch next week. This is a deal breaker though. Why would they not support this?

Take this for what's it worth, but according to the developer there are cloud saves on Steam at least he said so in this discussion on the Steam forums.

Link to discussion about cloud saves

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PSA - the game seems to have trouble supporting console suspend on Xbox One.

I suspended the console last night and resumed this morning just fine, but this morning I suspended again and was booted out to the main menu when I came back. Save points seem generous enough, but a heads up so others don't lose progress.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's 4k 60 on ps4 and 720 dynamic 30 on switch. And I have to wait a week? What the fuck was I thinking

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Sorry if this has already been answered, is my backer number the same thing as my backer ID or is it that number on my fangamer emails?

Last edited:

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Take this for what's it worth, but according to the developer there are cloud saves on Steam at least he said so in this discussion on the Steam forums.

Link to discussion about cloud saves

Oh damm, now back to conflicted lol. Hoping someone can try and let us know here? I rely on this for my commute between my home laptop and my GPD Win 2 so I'd rather wait for Switch but if this works I ain't waiting!

mcwizardry

Oct 25, 2017
Does the hidden breakable wall on the deck of the ship serve a purpose or is that some sort of inside joke?

Last edited:

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Me: "I should really wait, lots of stuff coming, I can wait, it'll be fine"
6KeYpNG.png

I bought it

thelooseteeth

Mar 8, 2019
As someone who spent hundreds of hours wandering around the corridors of SOTN during my middle school years, this is exactly what I wanted when I supported this kickstarter. Thank you IGA!

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well my KS copy finally arrived in Canada, in BC, where I live in ON. Estimated delivery is next monday. Shucks! Really looking forward to this game though!

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Oh damm, now back to conflicted lol. Hoping someone can try and let us know here? I rely on this for my commute between my home laptop and my GPD Win 2 so I'd rather wait for Switch but if this works I ain't waiting!

It shows cloud save support in the game properties on Steam for me. The store listing just needs to fixed.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
2 hours in and, yep that's IGAvania.
Feels nice getting one of these with NEW enemies, farewell Rondo sprites, you will be missed but you've got plenty of polygon expys right here!

So far this is interesting in that it's very much a snapshot of time, this is IGA as you remember it, like the past decade of Metroidvania successors never quite happened.
Pleasantly surprised that Miriam's personality has more punch to it than I expected, all the art tended to make her seem a bit meek, that's not really the case at all, also english accents for all from the legit sounding ones to the bleedin' parody sounding ones.

Now how am I going to go back to Curse of the Moon's non canon adventures knowing that Alfred is seemingly a poo head?

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Code to unlock all difficulty modes is NIGHTMARE as your name (you can change it later if you like).

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Very pleased with the overall positive impressions in here!

After just finishing the AMAZING Timespinner and a replay of the DS Igavanias I am ready!

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Played a bit last night - got to the first boss - couldn't beat her. So I quit for the night.
What I played was fun enough.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
So it's 4k 60 on ps4 and 720 dynamic 30 on switch. And I have to wait a week? What the fuck was I thinking

I know, right? I also selected the Switch version, but now I'm thinking about how I could get 4k60 on my nice tv. Kinda regretting my choice...might have to double dip.