• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Yup. I'll be there with bells on. Game seemed neat from what little practice I got in last night.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
This is absolutely DOA

Can't say anything about it right, just talking about characters but not mechanics or anything ? i mean its written in the mail that you can talk about the game but not share any footage of it, im just making sure

BOHrXFW.png

Oct 26, 2018
This is absolutely DOA

Can't say anything about it right, just talking about characters but not mechanics or anything ? i mean its written in the mail that you can talk about the game but not share any footage of it, im just making sure

BOHrXFW.png
You can say and talk about whatever you want about the game, mechanics, features, etc. Just no footage/ gameplay.... How does that make it DOA?

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
You can say and talk about whatever you want about the game, mechanics, features, etc. Just no footage/ gameplay.... How does that make it DOA?

So, I like the elements borrowed from arena shooters (+ dmg modifiers / heals at fixed emplacements) , i like the control point moving all around the map but the game essentially has zero depth. It's all about the right ccs on the right person / at the right time and once again the right healer to counter that

Now, if it had some deep combat and whatnot I wouldn't see an issue but there's none of that in it. Sure you can combo stuff like the launcher from one of the support + chain from whoever tank it is using some but essentially the balance is already bad and oriented around key setplays that you either avoid with dodge or heal / cc

As is its very barren, and yeah sure you can play with heights and pull people up to gank them fast but I can see it dying very fast population wise, Battlerite style. Was playing the snake support and essentially focused on putting down heal aoes just behind my tank so it wouldn't get the pole destroyed thanks to the cheer confusion going on in fights, while turning my glass cannon dpsers into murder marchines with shield + ultimate on them.

If enemy team doesn't run the character putting a targeted enemy in a cage ... yeah

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Tonight will be my first time playing but I'm already in love with the game just from the tutorial and dojo. The overall aesthetic of the game scratches just about every single itch for me.

Edit: Well I tried 2 matches and hated it a lot lol. Oh well I guess.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
So, I like the elements borrowed from arena shooters (+ dmg modifiers / heals at fixed emplacements) , i like the control point moving all around the map but the game essentially has zero depth. It's all about the right ccs on the right person / at the right time and once again the right healer to counter that

Now, if it had some deep combat and whatnot I wouldn't see an issue but there's none of that in it. Sure you can combo stuff like the launcher from one of the support + chain from whoever tank it is using some but essentially the balance is already bad and oriented around key setplays that you either avoid with dodge or heal / cc

As is its very barren, and yeah sure you can play with heights and pull people up to gank them fast but I can see it dying very fast population wise, Battlerite style. Was playing the snake support and essentially focused on putting down heal aoes just behind my tank so it wouldn't get the pole destroyed thanks to the cheer confusion going on in fights, while turning my glass cannon dpsers into murder marchines with shield + ultimate on them.

If enemy team doesn't run the character putting a targeted enemy in a cage ... yeah
Luckily, with enough feedback given after every match, they'll add changes like those, and the point for the test being monthly now is because they'll be adding more content to the game. It feels great but far from a finished package

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I enjoyed the hour I played. If I didn't have a paper due and wanted time to play TOW, I would've played some more. I found the game quite fun, but much preferred Power Cells to Capture. Matchmaking was a tad lopsided at points but perfectly matched in others. I like Buttercup the best of the units as I like to play tank and her fast movement and resistance to damage helps in Power Cells.

Very team oriented, which is both a blessing and a curse as I tended to capture objectives and cells and fight another straggler as the other 3 on both teams fought.

I think the combat is good and the abilities fun, and the game has a decent level of verticality. That said, I think the lack of other modes is disappointing for now. I hope they add more. This will make for a great Game Pass game though, and I could see myself doing a match or two every day or so, which, as someone not particularly huge on Multiplayer, says alot. Hope to see this fine tuned and I hope it finds the audience it deserves... I just also hope NT continues to make great SP games too.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i cant get to grips with either of the two support characters ive tried. didnt help one round i was immediately rounded up by the entire other team trying to catch up to mine and yelled at for trying to do 1v4 as support. Like yeah i wanted to be jumped.

the tank characters ive played with have been fun tho

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Almost 90% of the healers I've played with don't realize they're healers.

Almost every game I've been healing in, we've won.

People clearly don't understand the roles.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
People playing tanks don't knwo what the term tanks mean.

People are way to eager to just go run off into 4 on 1's for no reason.

Everyone is tryign to play this game like everyone is genji and all it does in result in unplayable games.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Alright, that's it.

This game needs a lot. I'm 100% no longer interested.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think today was the best play session with the game so far. Very impressed with the polish of the PC version, cross-play and cross-invites working flawlessly, matches today were very close, there were devs in the matches. Great time today with the game! We played with 3 friends and had a blast!

Hit detection also felt greatly improved. Also loved the little sound they added when you get a kill - very satisfying.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's every Saturday now? Hopefully I'll get on Saturday night for a bit...not sure.

Been in the alpha for ages but always flying on a Thursday night :(

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Wow alot of great improvements in the new build. Also spectate mode and replay is very nicely done.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like everything about this but the actual gameplay. Lol. Maybe I'm missing something but the combat doesn't feel good.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Its really weird on pc i had to manually go to the store page for the microsoft store to recognize there was an update. Dont know if that happened to anyone else. Dont know if ill even be able to play this time because the download speeds off the store have been super slow for me this week

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I struggle to see this game coming out in March.
It still feels unpolished and lacking in content.
Not to mention chasing down certain characters still takes forever even with 2-3 people.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Decided to give this game another shot despite the horrible time I had last time and I have to say, I'm actually really enjoying it. Not 100% sold on all the hit stun and I think if they're going to keep it that way then they definitely need to give the tanks more peel, or give the healers some form of seal peel. Dodging can only do so much, especially when the enemy team decides to focus you. But yeah, actually really digging it now, which makes me happy because aesthetically this game is a 10/10.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Person spams group up emote for a solid minute, then runs away from the group.

Yup, this is definitely a team game. Christ...

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Well that's done. There's some smart decisions being made here, it makes a lot of sense for the healers to be more mobile so wins don't boil down to jumping the healer.

It all still boils down to team fights though, something most people don't seem to get.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Anyone else have difficulty today? I'm a "leaver" now because I "quit three matches" (I only quit one due to time and outrageous input lag) due to one match starting and another crashing before it started, framerate dropped to sub 15, teleporting characters, input lag, etc. I played two months ago and it was great. I think they may have invited too many.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else have difficulty today? I'm a "leaver" now because I "quit three matches" (I only quit one due to time and outrageous input lag) due to one match starting and another crashing before it started, framerate dropped to sub 15, teleporting characters, input lag, etc. I played two months ago and it was great. I think they may have invited too many.
Ive had a tutorial i had no control over completely freeze up on me, framerate drops while fiddling in the options menu, at one point the main menu never finished loading in, and i cant ever connect to an actual match. really bizarre experience because the last time i played was super smooth