• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing for me lol ......... ; __ ;

Read somewhere that this game was supposed to be a Moba first. Dat true?!
Someone actually playing it can correct me, but I don't see creeps or towers (or even lanes) so I'm going to say no. For whatever reason people see heroes and automatically think "MOBA" despite the fact Hero Shooters like Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 have been a thing for years now.

Last edited:

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit mixed so far. Tanks don't feel fun to fight against, range feel meh to me and 1v1 combat feels bad, while 4v4 combat is too hectic. When the game shines it does it well and the style is great.
Also people need to stop locking in Assassins, only played tanks and healers :(

m23

Oct 25, 2017

Someone actually playing it can correct me, but I don't see creeps or towers (or even lanes) so I'm going to say no. For whatever reason people see heroes and automatically think "MOBA" despite the fact Hero Shooters like Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 have been a thing for years now.

The maps seem to have lanes from what I've played. Not sure if that automatically means it was planned to be a MOBA, but I think they definitely want to combine some elements of that play style.

Also, I wish they open up the play tests to more days. Keeping it only to Thursdays is tough for me.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Damn it, got invited on Wednesday but somehow completely missed the email.

I'm also meant to be going out this Thursday so not going to be able to try it until the following week.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if that automatically means it was planned to be a MOBA, but I think they definitely want to combine some elements of that play style.
Oh is that what the poster was asking? Yeah, that I have no idea about. The way it was worded made me think they were asking whether or not it is supposed to be a MOBA today.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

It's nothing like a hero shooter.
It's very like a fairly meh alternative mode in a MOBA.

Gameplay wise, it's far more like Battleborn, Gigantic, and Smite than Overwatch or Team Fortress 2.

The feel of the combat is really weak, and there's no depth to make up for it. It feels like a mode that's been tacked onto a primarily single player experience.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
It's nothing like a hero shooter.
It's very like a fairly meh alternative mode in a MOBA.

Gameplay wise, it's far more like Battleborn, Gigantic, and Smite than Overwatch or Team Fortress 2.

The feel of the combat is really weak, and there's no depth to make up for it. It feels like a mode that's been tacked onto a primarily single player experience.
Oh, I'm not saying it's a hero shooter. I'm just saying it's odd to me people still default to thinking something is a MOBA when they see heroes when hero shooters have been a thing for so long now.

OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Party system is up! Seems we'll be able to invite friends in the tech test on thursday :D

Also, I got a mail with 3 friend codes (no codes left, sorry) . Anyone else who got the mail?

Last edited:

Yshaana

Jun 20, 2019
Hey Troll, if you head over to the Bleeding Edge Reddit Discord, a bunch of people there have extra codes.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they don't take too long to open up the Alpha for PC players, would love to give it a go.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not sure if this is available, but id love there to be contextual environment attacks, but im not sure if NT are trying to make a serious fighter, if so then it might not be possible. Im still optimistic about this, even though its not really something i feel i want from NT. For me, id love a party fighter like WWE No Mercy, id love there to be ability to smash characters into walls or through windows with beautiful and weighty animations. The game still needs A LOT of time imo, but im interested nonetheless. I think Rodelero was on the money with SoT combat, i think our expectations of combat are aligned, so here's hoping you provide feedback to NT to help the game along.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Nothing here or on insider either.

Guess I'll have to wait until it comes out to play :D

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing for me in Insider Hub :( strange because I was getting every recent alpha/beta

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations! You have been selected to join the Bleeding Edge tech alpha, our next play test is on Thursday August 15th!

LETS GO

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations! You have been selected to join the Bleeding Edge tech alpha, our next play test is on Thursday August 15th!

LETS GO

we could not enroll you in bleeding edge. this content has reached its maximum capacity and there are no more spots available at this time. please check back later.

WTF

Synth

Oct 26, 2017

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"Hey guys, we are aware of an issue that has impacted certain players and prevented them from joining the technical alpha via the Xbox One Insider Hub. If you receive a message stating the Bleeding Edge alpha is at max capacity, then you have been affected by this problem. We are currently working with the Xbox team to resolve this issue and apologise for any inconvenience caused. "

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey guys, we are aware of an issue that has impacted certain players and prevented them from joining the technical alpha via the Xbox One Insider Hub. If you receive a message stating the Bleeding Edge alpha is at max capacity, then you have been affected by this problem. We are currently working with the Xbox team to resolve this issue and apologise for any inconvenience caused. "

yeah, just got an email stating basically the same

Unfortunately we are currently experiencing an issue where some users will be unable to access Bleeding Edge via the Xbox Insider Hub. Whilst this means that some of you will be unable to play in tonight's test, we are working hard on delivering a fix as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit for the first time lastnight... idk, doesn't seem like my thing. The game felt super smooth and i didn't notice any lag or anything, which was nice. Also i did like the characters and animations for the most part, pretty cool.

But the general combat just felt like a mess with no real depth, just ability/button spam all over the place. For some reason i was expecting maybe a parry system or something to make some of the 1v1 combat kind've fun but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Oct 27, 2017
Played last night. I really liked it. Mindless fun and a great hour or two distraction now and then.

Graphics were nice and colorful plus the dedicated servers (which seemed to be in my region) kept it playable.

Will grab this day one on game pass

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I have a code for the alpha from e3 that I have not used. First person to quote this with a cute puppy picture gets it.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Played one match last night. Maybe I'm missing some death but it was basically mash x and use your 3 abilities. I had high hopes for this game, not anymore. A shame.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a code for the alpha from e3 that I have not used. First person to quote this with a cute puppy picture gets it.

images

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to say that I keep seeing this thread and thinking it's about some fancy new technology.
It never is :(

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Europa League qualifiers and potential group games means I'm never going to get a chance to play the alpha :(

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
downloaded, probably wont be able to play tonight, but i did run through the tutorial and dojo and...

is it just me or is this game overly simplistic and seemingly lacking in depth? theres basically no combo system (that i can tell) for melee characters and ranged characters are even worse with a simple spam of their shot on a locked on target. thats all? really? i know each character has their supers and cool down abilities, it looks like you can mix and match skills/abilities/perks with the mod system, but i expected a bit more of this than what is offered.