ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What the fuck. Congrats, you attacked an ordinary citizen with a crowd full of your supporters. Toxic masculinity out in full force along with body shaming. Biden is fucking disgusting, and fuck the Republicans for lowering the bar so much that there are some on the "left" who see this as not only acceptable, but worthy of praise. Get the fuck outta here with that.
Wow you've really bought the right wing talking points hook line and sinker.

/s

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. Congrats, you attacked an ordinary citizen with a crowd full of your supporters. Toxic masculinity out in full force along with body shaming. Biden is fucking disgusting, and fuck the Republicans for lowering the bar so much that there are some on the "left" who see this as not only acceptable, but worthy of praise. Get the fuck outta here with that.
oh no the bad faith conspiracy theorist got dunked will anybody think of the poor conspiracy theorists

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
There's some serious delusion here. Biden did not "send" his son to work for Burisma to" sell access to Obama". that's a conspiracy theory and that deserves to be shut down.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Biden has done nothing but harmful shit as Senator and trying to take credit as "Vice" President.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So you want the debate for America's leader to be between two crotchety old men calling each other fat and stupid? Fucking Lordy
where did I say 'i want for this' to happen?

the fact is Trump has denigrated the office so significantly that I would cheer wildly if Joe stepped up to Trump like he was about to knock him the fuck out while struggling not to call him a fatass. cuz it's personally a thing i think most of us would struggle with. we all know trump would cave as soon as someone turned up on him, he's not used to it, and his supporters would see him for the coward he actually is.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Conspiracy Theorizing
You are the reason Trump did what he did. People who swallow up right wing talking points and run with them, never thinking about the facts or the bigger picture.
And you're the reason The Democratic Party is hopelessly corrupt. Because at the end of the day, you'll always just see them as better then Republicans and they'll get your vote.
There's some serious delusion here. Biden did not "send" his son to work for Burisma to" sell access to Obama". that's a conspiracy theory and that deserves to be shut down.
so why did Hunter Biden get a high profile sweetheart job that he had 0 qualifications for along with a history of drug abuse? Obviously there is more to it.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
And you're the reason The Democratic Party is hopelessly corrupt. Because at the end of the day, you'll always just see them as better then Republicans and they'll get your vote.
Help break down Biden's corruption with regards to Ukraine and his son's position with Burisma. Open our eyes.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
For those playing along at home, this is how gaslighting works and why the GOP and Fox News do it to such an extent.
-_____-

Care to explain how I'm gaslighting or nah?
I will give Trump credit for one thing. He understands the basic idiocy of the electorate. All it really ever takes is an accusation, and if it's convenient for them, many people will just run with it.
Lol dude, calling me an idiot because you can't process the notion of a Democrat doing something bad.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
For those playing along at home, this is how gaslighting works and why the GOP and Fox News do it to such an extent.
I will give Trump credit for one thing. He understands the basic idiocy of the electorate. All it really ever takes is an accusation, and if it's convenient for them, many people will just run with it.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
If someone was visiting ResetEra OT for the first time they'd probably assume this was a heavily conservative leaning board. Every Obama, Hillary, and Biden thread turns into page after page of people utterly shitting on any and everything they say or do.

Really goes to show you how thick the Era bubble is. The raging hate boner people have here for Biden is almost the exact opposite of the reaction I've seen most other places. I've seen almost universal praise for Biden confronting this moron with his stupid question.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

so why did Hunter Biden get a high profile sweetheart job that he had 0 qualifications for along with a history of drug abuse? Obviously there is more to it.
What I've learned from this thread is that Biden stans want to give a genuine response to this about as much as Biden does. I hope youre good at push ups...

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5055.jpg

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
-_____-

Care to explain how I'm gaslighting or nah?

Lol dude, calling me an idiot because you can't process the notion of a Democrat doing something bad.
I'm calling you an idiot because you're running with a talking point that Donald Trump concocted to undermine a political rival, have no evidence to back up the talking point, and are pushing forward regardless.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of Biden, but I doubt this hurts him. I have a feeling he's about to see a bump in the polls.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Probably because of the last name.
But there's is nothing that suggests Biden went to Burisma and instructed them to "hire my son". That is conspiracy theory. Don't push right wing bullshit. it makes you look as uninformed and low information as their own voters.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Yeah, Joe's response to him was certainly lacking the decorum you'd expect from someone who is trying to run for president. He also shouldn't get down in the mud with people like this, but I'm torn. This is somebody who has no intention of voting for him, has his mind shut to the possibility of having his vote swung, is chugging the right-wing conspiracy bullshit, and is using his time with a microphone in his hand to peddle that bullshit. People like that deserve less respect than what Joe gave him. But I do still agree that somebody in his position handled the delivery poorly.

Dec 31, 2017
If someone was visiting ResetEra OT for the first time they'd probably assume this was a heavily conservative leaning board. Every Obama, Hillary, and Biden thread turns into page after page of people utterly shitting on any and everything they say or do.

Really goes to show you how thick the Era bubble is. The raging hate boner people have here for Biden is almost the exact opposite of the reaction I've seen most other places. I've seen almost universal praise for Biden confronting this moron with his stupid question.

Because many vocal people on Era prefer only the most leftist democrats, anyone not Bernie or Warren level is shit and Trump-equivalent. Even though the reality is even someone as "centrist" as Pete Buttigieg would be more left-leaning than any recent Dem president.

I say this as someone whose top choices are Bernie/Warren.

It's important to constantly do a bubble check here, especially when it comes to politics.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
A white straight dude bucking up plays a world of different from a PoC especially a woman of color.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What a day when getting called out for actual nepotism and responding like an ignorant jackass by questioning someones IQ and calling them fat is attempting to be applauded. Trump trying to scummily and illegally find dirt on people aside, if they actually did wrong doing, its completely out of bounds when a voter is questioning you. We take Trump to task rightly for his own nepotism with his family members.

Next your going to tell me Biden telling an activist to vote for Trump because they showed concern about his deportation record is "showing strength and not having any of that dude's bullshit"

Thank you.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
biden sinking because of the ukraine thing will trump gets away scot-free despite actually doing a crime there would be the most fitting outcome this world deserves.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Utterly embarrassing, almost as embarrassing as the people in here yas King-ing Biden lol

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Biden admitted on camera to pressuring Ukraine officials to fire someone under threat of withholding funding, and his son had absolutely no reason to hold the position he did outside of nepotism. He's not "going up in my book" for this or anything he does. Just because Trump is immeasurably worse doesn't mean we should let Biden slide, let alone pat him on the back for similar things.
Nah man, they are not in the same ballpark. What Biden did is far and away less than what Trump has done and I'm treating it as such.

I'm not going to magnify it and try to make appear to be on the same level as Trump's evil doings and his nepotism.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
So you want the debate for America's leader to be between two crotchety old men calling each other fat and stupid? Fucking Lordy

It's sad, but lets be real, you get better results from people with emotion. Joe got hotheaded here and made a fool of himself. He couldn't even refute the guy's claims cogently, but it will resonate with people because "he didn't take no crap." Americans would respond better to candidates roasting each other or a fucking cage match than they would actually debating policy.

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden can't handle this random voter and the light version of a Republican smear attack he's going to crumble when he faces the real deal against Trump.

It's been a reoccurring pattern every time he speaks and it would be suicide to make him the nominee. His campaign is Hillarys except with it's faults multiplied by 100.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pump your brakes and explain how Joe Biden got his son that position on Burisma's board. Be specific.
Amazing how people claiming to be on the "left" keep mindlessly repeating right-wing talking point propaganda against people they don't like and never for a moment stop for self-reflection that it might be a gigantic problem that reflects horribly on them.
You are the reason Trump did what he did. People who swallow up right wing talking points and run with them, never thinking about the facts or the bigger picture.
Given that user's "sorry you were offended" and "it's just my opinion" followup, I don't think they're being "tricked", it's deliberate.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
If Biden can't handle this random voter and the light version of a Republican smear attack he's going to crumble when he faces the real deal against Trump.

It's been a reoccurring pattern every time he speaks and it would be suicide to make him the nominee. His campaign is Hillarys except with it's faults multiplied by 100.

Yeah but he can be emotional and condescending because he's not a woman. If anything it's an advantage for him to be a dick. Look where it got Trump.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What're you thanking them for? They still haven't given a single example of Biden's nepotism.

As if Bidens influential power didn't help his son get into such a powerful position. Nepotism aside, he's making and made tons of money, more than likely did not pay his fair share of taxes and on top of that sits on the board of company that contributes to climate change and his owned by a rich ass oligarch who is probably doing tons of good for the world.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Ehh don't see the big deal. Nobody but the left really has problems with candidates being emotional or having outbursts and Biden's not exactly courting the left. One of Hillarys biggest criticisms was that she was "robotic" and often over-prepared.

The Burisma thing doesn't seem to be any different than any other company going out of their way to kiss a powerful family's ass.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Amazing how people claiming to be on the "left" keep mindlessly repeating right-wing talking point propaganda against people they don't like and never for a moment stop for self-reflection that it might be a gigantic problem that reflects horribly on them.

Amazing how people claiming to be "reasonable centrists" can't answer a simple fucking question and have to resort to name-calling to deflect unwanted criticism.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but he can be emotional and condescending because he's not a woman. If anything it's an advantage for him to be a dick. Look where it got Trump.
Biden doesn't appear strong in exchange at all. When you start challenging a potential voter to a push up contest only makes you look terrible and petty when your entire campaign is about running as the rational candidate.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
You said you'd cheer wildly if Biden started throwing insults at Trump whole holding back the urge to call him fat.
I'd cheer if I saw it. I'd cheer to see someone respected like Joe put one directly on the chin of Trump, yes. And I also think it would be entirely effective politcally, against Trump. But I don't want it to be the case, just like I don't 'want' Trump to be lowering the office of the presidency so far to make such a personal and forceful reaction feel agreeable, but he is. It's a conflicting emotion, it's not black and white. You're misrepresenting the wildest of notions here.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
"With all due respect sir that isn't true."

He could have shut him down more cordially.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta wonder if some of his recent gaffes are actually viewed as a positive for some independents. His actions in these cases are basically Trumpian. Coming off as a centrist, saner version of Trump with some of his same "entertaining" tendencies could actually be a pretty big buff in the GE in certain swing states.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As if Bidens influential power didn't help his son get into such a powerful position. Nepotism aside, he's making and made tons of money, more than likely did not pay his fair share of taxes and on top of that sits on the board of company that contributes to climate change and his owned by a rich ass oligarch who is probably doing tons of good for the world.
Biden can't help that his kid has his name and will have doors opened for him because of that. Hunter Biden is a gigantic piece of shit with virtually no ethics. None of that means that Joe Biden actively helped his shitty son get a position.
Amazing how people claiming to be "reasonable centrists" can't answer a simple fucking question and have to resort to name-calling to deflect unwanted criticism.
What fucking question are you talking about? Biden didn't help his son get that position. Period. Biden's attempts to remove a corrupt prosecutor were a stance backed by the US Government and many other nations at the time. Period.

"Nepotism" and "He tried to get the prosecutor fired for personal reasons" are both RW propaganda aimed at directly comparing him to Trump and telling people that they're the same thing. People regurgitating it because they don't like Biden are being actively harmful, not only because it's spreading bullshit, but because that bullshit is directly attempting to try and get people to believe that the impeachment charges against Trump are bad because "everyone does it."

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil

Doesn´t really matter to the general public.

Why did he got the job?

As someone interested in beating Trump, how do i explain this to a regular person?

The fact that Trump is evil does not change the fact that this Biden issue is toxic. There´s no reasonable explanation.