Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What a day when getting called out for actual nepotism and responding like an ignorant jackass by questioning someones IQ and calling them fat is attempting to be applauded. Trump trying to scummily and illegally find dirt on people aside, if they actually did wrong doing, its completely out of bounds when a voter is questioning you. We take Trump to task rightly for his own nepotism with his family members.

Next your going to tell me Biden telling an activist to vote for Trump because they showed concern about his deportation record is "showing strength and not having any of that dude's bullshit"

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
What a day when getting called out for actual neopotism and responding like an ignorant jackass by questioning someones IQ and calling them fat is attempting to be applauded. Trump trying to scummily and illegally find dirt on people aside, if they actually did wrong doing, its completely out of bounds when a voter is questioning you. We take Trump to task rightly for his own neopotism with his family members.

Next your going to tell me Biden telling an activist to vote for Trump because they showed concern about his deportation record is "showing strength and not having any of that dude's bullshit"

I have to agree here. While I get that Biden is trying to be a no bullshit candidate he was way out of line for insulting a guy who questioned him on something that is presented in the news despite its accuracy.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Live in the moment and have Biden call you a fat ass.
28368133.jpg

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I have to agree here. While I get that Biden is trying to be a no bullshit candidate he was way out of line for insulting a guy who questioned him on something that is presented in the news despite its accuracy.

That's pretty hard considering how much bullshit he asks people to swallow haha.

But seriously, nepotism wherever it is must be taken seriously and if your gonna respond to contest the dude's claims at the absolute very least do it tactly and without being an intentional asshole, especially when its an issue actually worth some merit.

But i understand that such a basic thing is very hard for someone like Biden

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Biden admitted on camera to pressuring Ukraine officials to fire someone under threat of withholding funding, and his son had absolutely no reason to hold the position he did outside of nepotism. He's not "going up in my book" for this or anything he does. Just because Trump is immeasurably worse doesn't mean we should let Biden slide, let alone pat him on the back for similar things.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Given how much shit I've--rightly--given Trump about him and his family's nepotism and public bullying, I would be a hypocrit if I cheered this on.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Biden admitted on camera to pressuring Ukraine officials to fire someone under threat of withholding funding

Yes, because he was an internationally acknowledged piece of shit that your allies also wanted gone because he was doing fuck-all for corruption in Ukraine.

Nice you're conflating that with Trump's actions and giving this air though.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Yes, because he was an internationally acknowledged piece of shit that your allies also wanted gone because he was doing fuck-all for corruption in Ukraine.

Nice you're conflating that with Trump's actions and giving this air though.

It's just how I personally view it, sorry to offend you. It's the action he took, not the intention behind it.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
The body shaming and ageism is really unbecoming from Biden. It's Trumpesque.

He handled that poorly.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden continues to show that he's not fit for the Presidency. He should have responded to that with much more class and deft thinking, but...

You can still be 'not having any of that dudes bullshit' and not resort to body shaming, ageism, and unintentionally giving that moment traction in the wrong circles.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Obama would be disappointed :/

"You're too old to vote for me anyway" was hilarious though and something I'd expect from The Office

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Boy, some of you are really good at running with right-wing talking points.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden admitted on camera to pressuring Ukraine officials to fire someone under threat of withholding funding, and his son had absolutely no reason to hold the position he did outside of nepotism. He's not "going up in my book" for this or anything he does. Just because Trump is immeasurably worse doesn't mean we should let Biden slide, let alone pat him on the back for similar things.

Yes Biden did that...because it was official US policy to pressure Ukraine to fire the corrupt prosecutor. Literally every other NATO country wanted him gone too. What Biden did and what Trump did aren't even in the same universe.

OP
OP
super-heated plasma
Oct 27, 2017
He went a bit over the line, but if someone was wrongly atracking my son, and calling us both crooks on the level of Trump I'd be pissed too. I can't believe some of you would put Biden and Trump anywhere near the same category of fitness for office.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell is that video player starting up my steamvr?

CNN uses webVR. You can disable it in firefox by going to about:config in your addressbar, then finding "dom.vr.openvr.enabled" in the settings and changing it to disable.

Not quite sure what the chrome setting is, but it's definitely something similar.

Dec 31, 2017
I see right wing media's conflation of what Biden did to what trump did regarding Ukraine has already festered into people's mind, when it's. completely different scenario.

Welcome to the new "but her emails".

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden's reaction is eugh but the fact that "I saw it on the TV" actually came out of the voter's mouth is super depressing.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
It's more damaging than the Clinton email scandal honestly because it has the virtue of being much simpler.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
On one hand, I think "this is really in bad taste, and Joe's hyperdefensive stance is a giant liability"

On the other hand, I look at Brett Kavanaugh, who won his confirmation hearing only be winning over the base by throwing tantrums and insisting he was the aggrieved party.

There's a massive asymmetry in what excites/depresses each party, but I'm not sure "authoritative white man gets beet red angry at the opposition without ever giving an inch, even when he's to blame" has been fully adjudicated as only working on Republicans just yet; it may be effective for all I know

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Bernie Sanders and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another candidate, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Elizabeth Warren to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at the Democratic Nomination, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Elizabeth Warren KNOWS she can't beat me and she's not even gonna try!
So Bernie Sanders, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at the Democratic Nomination. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at the Democratic Nomination. See Bernie, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacerface.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Biden's reaction is eugh but the fact that "I saw it on the TV" actually came out of the voter's mouth is super depressing.
Why? Biden denied that anyone was making these accusations. They're being made, on the news. Like, this wasn't a "I saw in Firefly that shooting kneecaps is super easy, why don't cops do that?" kind of "I saw it on TV." There are legitimate(ish--Fox is considered real by plenty of voters) news shows raising this issue. Claiming that "no one has ever said that" was malarky.