• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it Saul why you make Kim cry.

Really like bringing up the mug again but in different light.

That was Kim ass episode 👏

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Had to pause it when Kim backed away from the door. The show has me on edge with her life expectancy. Best show on tv by a long shot.

And Mike's pushing it with Gus. Nacho is a deadman, and he's bartering for a 2nd time considering the stuff with the German.

When Saul gets kidnapped by Jesse and Walt he tries to blame nacho for something and then asks if lalo sent them.
My guess is nacho will get a new identity. I think we'll get one or two flash forward episodes, where Saul and Kim will be tracked by lalo cleaning up lose ends. Kim or both will die then.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
It scared the shit out of me when Kim backed away from the door initially while Mike was giving an urgent warning to Jimmy after being hung up on like three times. Fucking masters of tension, the BCS/BB crew.

Man...what can I say about this show that hasn't been said hundred times already.

And I loved the intro montage as a callback to the similar one in S4, as it was already my favorite montage out of both shows.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
God I'm sooooo gonna miss this show. What the fuck can I say? Really. Every second of this show is pure art.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost in tears from that episode. Jesus Christ.

I re-iterate for the new page: That last scene?

That is why you want Kim in the know and in the shit with Saul. It enables her to be awesome.

So I don't want to hear anymore of this "oh bloo bloo, kim, why u have to b in dangur" shit.
Ha, your posts in this thread are fantastic, and you couldn't have hit the nail more squarely on the head last week.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

tumblr_o7h5v37Vjv1qaedvuo6_r4_250.gifv

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think that last scene may have turned me into one of those people who prefer BCS over BB now. That was the most tense scene I have seen in a long ass time.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Fuck that was awesome. Kim's such a badass, and that final scene was just incredible TV from start to finish. That was too tense.

I think having Mike there elevated the tension so much, too. In the end, he didn't do anything. But just him being there added so many more potential outcomes. In those final few moments it's like, is Lalo going to walk away? Pull out his gun? Is Mike going to shoot him? Is Mike not going to shoot in case he hits Kim? Holy shit. BCS really is some of the best TV I've ever seen, tension like that ain't easy to pull off.

And as usual, superb acting by everybody involved to do it. Lalo's actor is nailing it. Even though he had a smile on his face he looked so threatening. That first "Tell me again" was so good.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Damn... I've been sitting in silence for about 30 minutes now after finishing that episode. Between this and binging For All Mankind, I'm going to die from all the stress.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was so focused on Juan Bolsa setting up the robbery last night I completely forgot that there's another traitor Lalo could go after that is sitting right next to him.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Lol as soon as I saw it, my mind imagined him meticulously packing for the sniper support mission, and I thought to myself what the fuck went through his head packing those as his change of clothing. Doesn't even seem like something he would own. 😂
I think that part of Jimmy's story was true, that he (they) bought new clothes at the truck stop.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing Kim and Jimmy will hatch a master plan to manipulate Gus/Lalo/Nacho into taking the heat off of them, similar to what Walt did in Face Off but the execution of said plan is what will ultimately drive the two apart. I can only imagine that these scenes with Gene will eventually segue into him eventually reuniting with Kim and the two of them making amends before parting for good.

I watched Breaking Bad long after the show finished airing so it's fun to be a part of the fanfiction hype train 😂.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That last scene. Whew. Can't believe the season finale is next week.

What's the status on production for the final season? I want to say I recall seeing an article stating they began filming but had to put production on hold due the pandemic. Is that correct? I don't think I can wait another two years.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Couldn't breathe during the last 10 minutes, hooooooooly shit!!!

Actor for Lalo is amazing and he's been directed well

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Lalo is scary
he ponders, stops talking, changes his mind, then snap of the fingers decides on a different outcome

this whole show is about what will happen to Kim, Lalo and Nacho since we never see them in Breaking Bad

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Lalo is scary
he ponders, stops talking, changes his mind, that snap of the fingers decides on a different outcome

this whole show is about what will happen to Kim, Lalo and Nacho since we never see them in Breaking Bad
I think Lalo will die somehow because it's stated in Breaking Bad that there are no Salamancas left

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I was so scared for Kim in that last scene. With how nonchalant Lalo's demeanor can be and how you never know when he's gonna flip, I really thought he might pull his pistol out at any moment when Kim was confronting him. Goddamn.

No. Better Call Saul had so many of these moments. All ranging in different emotions:

- Jimmy's rage when he finds out that Chuck was the reason why he wouldn't get hired at HHM
- Chuck's breakdown in Jimmy's hearing, exposing all his resentment in public
- Jimmy's hearing where he gets his license reinstated
- Wexler calling out Kevin's bs with Schweikart

Off the top of my head. It's really a credit to BCS's creative team that they pull this off so consistently.
Yeah, Chicanery is still the best episode of the series so far IMO. Though the past two definitely are right up there with it. It's just hard to top Chuck's breakdown at the hearing after all the build-up to that point.

bcs-chuck.jpg
Agreed. The Chuck courtroom scene + meltdown is still this show's highwater mark, but the last 3-4 episodes have had a number of moments that rank right up there.

2nd half of this season is maybe the best this show's ever been.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't Gus the one who mentioned to Hector that there were no Salamancas left? One could argue that Lalo ends up imprisoned and Gus was just vindictively twisting the knife in Hector when he made that comment.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confused though. Can anyone explain what Don Eladio was trying to do by stealing the money? What does he gain from Lalo being in prison? Doesn't Lalo also work for him?

This season of Better call Saul is getting better and better. Vince is a mastermind!

Vince left the team before S4. He now is only involved with directing like he did last episode. All this is Peter Gould and the rest of the crew.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I mean, Kim is safe if only by virtue of Ignacio biting the bullet next episode, right? Unless Mike can save him and Lalo goes, but I don't really see a scenario where Nacho makes it to the end of the show alive.

Oct 27, 2017
Was watching a youtube video of the scene and someone brought up a good point.
When Jimmy is recounting the story and tells Lalo he can just have the money back if he wants, Kim stands up.
Remember that Kim had looked through it earlier and saw Saul's mug with the bullet hole in it?
If Lalo had actually taken the bag that would have completely blown the whole cover story!

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My anxiety was through the roof in that last scene, this show is crazy. My hands are still shaking lol

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
When Jimmy is recounting the story and tells Lalo he can just have the money back if he wants, Kim stands up.
Remember that Kim had looked through it earlier and saw Saul's mug with the bullet hole in it?
If Lalo had actually taken the bag that would have completely blown the whole cover story!
I was fully expecting the mug to be discovered.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jesus christ i don't think i breathed during the last 5 minutes of this episode. what a masterclass. I love this show so much. Best thing on TV since Mad Men.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
That last scene was absolutely incredible. Masterful acting and direction. I haven't felt that kind of suspense in a long time. Every moment was balanced on the edge of a knife. I kept waiting for Lalo to lash out at Kim, or for Kim to get shot from offscreen.

Rhea Seehorn is the true MVP. The Emmys might as well melt down all of their statues for the next ceremony and present her with one giant award.

But really, everyone was so, so good.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is Mike tails Nacho and Lalo, they all drive to Mexico, Nacho kills Lalo and Mike helps Nacho fake his death and lies to Gus about what happened. Or alternatively, Mike straight up kills Nacho, losing the last bit of his humanity that Jesse later reawakens in him.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Had to pause it when Kim backed away from the door. The show has me on edge with her life expectancy. Best show on tv by a long shot.
When Saul gets kidnapped by Jesse and Walt he tries to blame nacho for something and then asks if lalo sent them.
My guess is nacho will get a new identity. I think we'll get one or two flash forward episodes, where Saul and Kim will be tracked by lalo cleaning up lose ends. Kim or both will die then.
I really need to rewatch that scene from BB - it has been a while. Anyone has a YT link to this scene from BB specifically to refresh my memory?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah that's a great observation, so her reason to stand up to Lalo was twofold, basically: To drive Lalo away and to prevent the mug from being discovered and blowing the whole thing.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to rewatch that scene from BB - it has been a while. Anyone has a YT link to this scene from BB specifically to refresh my memory?

This is what he says:

SAUL
Just tell me what you want! Jesus! It wasn't me! It was Ignacio! He's the one! [screaming in Spanish]

JESSE
Shut up! Shut up! All right, just speak English.

SAUL
Lalo didn't send you? No Lalo?

JESSE
Who?

So by this scene we can deduce Saul thinks Nacho and Lalo are both alive and in the game during the events of Breaking Bad, which means if one or both of them die, it must be in some way that gets covered up and Jimmy never learns about it.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
This is what he says:

So by this scene we can deduce Saul thinks Nacho and Lalo are both alive and in the game during the events of Breaking Bad, which means if one or both of them die, it must be in some way that gets covered up and Jimmy never learns about it.

Well he definitely thinks Lalo is still alive but Nacho doesn't have to be

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Despite the rollercoaster the episode ended up becoming, the hardest part to watch was to see Jimmy lie yet again when Kim saw through his bullshit and really poured her heart out to him, and he just went with the "I drank my own pee" strategy, god dammit Jimmy!

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
These last few episodes have been up in there with any of Breaking Bad's best, for being essentially a character made to explain a throwaway line Lalo may be the most dangerous and effective of all Salamancas.

Also did anyone else notice that Tuco is going to be released in 11 months, confirming we're less than a year away until Breaking Bad

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Two things I noticed about that final scene: The moment Kim butts in and blows up at Lalo, Jimmy was about to tell Lalo the truth.

Mike was aiming at Kim when she got in the way. He had plenty of room to aim over her and straight at Lalo's head, but he was purposely aiming at her back. Like he was ready to kill her AND Lalo if Jimmy blew their cover story.

EDIT: OK, maybe not at Lalo's head, but he could've aimed around Kim.

Jimmy was literally about to give the story away himself, but right as he says, "Look...OK..." Kim jumps in because she's actually thinking clearly and can bullshit her way through it unlike Jimmy who's still exhausted and rattled.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I said it before and I will say it again. This show is way way better than Breaking Bad.
Rhea Seehorn is such an acting beast. Kim is definetly one of the best acted and interesting characters on TV.

I wonder if Nacho will get iced next episode. I am getting a feeling that he might die.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also did anyone else notice that Tuco is going to be released in 11 months, confirming we're less than a year away until Breaking Bad

Do we know how long Tuco had been out of prison when BB begins? He might have been out for a year or more. I feel like BB still has to be at least a couple years away, given that Saul has no law office or employees or any of the trappings we see in that show yet.