• Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.webp

Yep

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Friends ain't all that great, but Seinfeld is like a parody of bad TV comedies. I have no idea why anyone likes it.

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
The results don't surprise me since people here have a hate boner for Friends, hate only surpassed by the one towards The Big Bang Theory.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Between seinfeld and friends, it's seinfeld by a near unlimited distance but but early 90s Simpsons is vastly better than seinfeld.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Seinfeld is definitely the superior show in that poll imo. I watched it long after it ended and I still thought it was hilarious. Its quite obvious how many shows have since been inspired by it.

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
One of the biggest strengths of Seinfeld is that outside of the main + supporting characters, there are probably 30-50 fantastic guest and side characters you could name that help drive the comedy. No other show can really touch it in this regard, and Friends' comedy especially always felt insular to the main group in comparison, with far fewer noteworthy side acts.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I used to think it was Friends and dismiss Seinfeld when i was young but not anymore, as i got older i could understand Seinfeld much better and give it a fair chance.

Its not even close anymore, Friends aged poorly while Seinfeld still ridiculously funny even now.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
In my experience gender plays a huge difference in which you prefer.

Most of women I know who watched either of these shows greatly preferred friends and it's still popular today.

The opposite is true for Seinfeld.

But I am pretty a lot of me also watch friends. Just maybe not the men we have on this board. Might be a different demographic.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Seinfeld and it ain't close. I grew up watching Friends, but whenever I see it now, it's just so fucking corny and hollow.

Also Frasier belongs on the GOAT list.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Married with Children
Wings
Simpsons
NewsRadio
Family Matters
Seinfeld
even Step by Step

so many better shows than Friends

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Seinfeld has more artistic merit and is cleverer (there's a great video of Jason Alexander talking about how they approached writing the show which was different to how other sitcoms did it) but friends writing is so consistently good throughout the 10 seasons and the performances are so on point that I think it takes it

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with Frasier is that the jokes about it are better than most of the jokes of the actual show.

But since I'm trying to be a more positive person I'll try saying a couple of positive things about Frasier... I liked the theme song and Daphne was a treasure.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I watched few episodes at the time and i remember liking it. does it hold up?
For the most part. It gets better one they trim off his season 1/2 mullet

Like. those seasons are good but he learns lessons and shit. Once they shear off his mullet he gains speed and starts causing fires and getting arrested more. It's a fantastic show

Last edited:

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I loved Friwnds at the time but it's aged really badly and I find it unwatchable these days. On the other hand, I rewatch Seinfeld from start to finish at least every other year but the real answer is Frasier. This show gets funnier every time I watch it.

tabibito

Feb 27, 2021
Seinfeld >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Friends

Seinfeld is generation-defining, transformational humor.
Friends is a bunch of unfunny people whining about their boring love lives.

www.youtube.com

Seinfeld - George Sleeps with the cleaning lady

Seinfeld Season 3 - The Red Dot.George lands a job at the publishing company Elaine works for and gets involved with the cleaning lady.

There is a legit argument for George Costanza as perhaps the GOAT character in sitcom -- or even television -- history.

Last edited: