• Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Results are only viewable after voting.

Killer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Internationally, I think Friends wins.
In the US, appears to me Seinfeld wins.

Keep it civil.
EDIT:- Fresh Price of Bel Air Deserves to be on the list . forgot about it xD.

MV5BNDVkYjU0MzctMWRmZi00NTkxLTgwZWEtOWVhYjZlYjllYmU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg

seinfeld_onesheet_1400x2100.png

Last edited:

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Of the two I vote Seinfeld and its not even close. Not that I hate friends or anything. I enjoy it too.

My personal favorite Will always be Newsradio though.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking from this international poster, has to be Seinfeld, and it's not particularly close.

Although Larry Sanders is just as fine of a sitcom. From outside of the US? Father Ted, which I cannot watch in the same way now that we know of Linehan's TERF-y BS.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Seinfeld, although Friends is good too. The enjoyment for Friends comes from the performances much more so than the writing though.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Peak Seinfeld writing is hilarious. There's a beauty in seeing these awful human beings living their lives.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
They both are about equal with their pros and con. Seinfeld had funnier ideas for episodes but the jokes between the Friends characters were a lot more consistent and funnier more often than not.

I mean, Jerry´s humor sometimes was a miss but the situation would save it. Friends just had much better humor in the dialogue by comparison.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
In my head, Friends is grouped together with How I Met Your Mother in the category of "shows that treat their awful people as good guys that the audience should root for" and I just can't get into them because of that. Seinfeld doesn't hesitate to call their characters awful people and just keep upping the stakes on it.

For that reason alone Seinfeld would be considered better, but I also just find it funnier.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Seinfeld, easily. Not only is it actually funny, but there relatable moments and scenarios (even though most are wildly exaggerated for comedic effect). Nothing about Friends is relatable and outside of the "pivot" scene, nothing has stuck in my mind from the show.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
_48927782_05.jpg

bottom-tv-show.jpg

latest

skynews-father-ted-musical-comeback_4326501.jpg

1*0WYO67d-Iw10MJRRp6OxpA.jpeg

spaced-cast.jpg

Alan Partridge, Bottom, Mr Bean, Father Ted, Absolutely Fabulous and Spaced are all superior to these. But if you're talking American Sitcoms only, both Seinfeld and Friends are inferior to the one true king Frasier.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Glad neither is an option, because that's what I went with.

Also, Coupling > Friends by a long shot.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Friends is a classic to a lot of people, I get that. But Seinfeld, when it found its footing was a phenomenon I understood. So many classic lines, scenarios, resolutions, characters. And being younger, I had no clue how much Larry David was in it. So you can imagine the joy I found in getting to continue that style of comedy with Curb...to a degree.

And yeah, if I had to choose any other sitcom from that period, Frasier is right up there for me.

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Seinfeld gave me bigger but more infrequent laughs (compared to Friends), Friends gave me smaller but more consistent laughs.

I'll go with Seinfeld for the above plus the relatability (we were/are all George) and creativity of the scenarios. There's so many episodes and lines I can remember of the top of my head. Can't say the same for Friends.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
I only liked scenes with Elaine in it
2 of the other 3 were so annoying
So Friends easily
It was tolerable even scenes without Rachel and Monica

Last edited:

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I like Friends sometimes, think the ensemble's level of chemistry is something of a rarity and it can be decent comfort TV... but it's got some baggage and gets kinda annoying later on.

Seinfeld switches up later on as well, from a wackiness and character standpoint but still popped out classic episode after classic episode.

(to me, the obvious answer is Seinfeld)

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I grew up watching friends, but as I got older I realised Fraiser and Seinfeld are much better. Friends is still damn good. It's great comfort TV and I love watching it even now. Seinfeld just cannot be topped though.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
We recently blew through Seinfeld again on Netflix in the background. At times just completely distracted ep after classic ep. I have to say, the finale is worse than I remember. It so weirdly, mean spiritedly treats the entire cast as if it's sloughing them off to be done with it all. In trying to create one last big story, the flow is fucked, unfunny, leaving most of the characters without their time to shine (Kramer, especially) and the effect of bringing back so many classic characters for one last hurrah feels forced af. Just bad.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
fresh prince being thrown up there as an afterthought a little more disrespectful than the original omission lmao

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
UK here and Seinfeld humour doesn't hold up for me (We had Father Ted; Graham is a tosser but it's a genius show). Friends I grew up with and it's like 'chewing gum for the eyes' as they say.

Fraiser (Even though Grammer is a bit of a toss pot) is the winner.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
As an American, if you asked me if I would prefer to be dropped into a bottomless pit or watch a season of Friends I would ask you to please pull the lever.

And I don't turn my nose up at sitcoms. I really like Frasier, I really like The Office, but the Seinfeld tradition of sitcom is my strongly preferred. Seinfeld gave us It's Always Sunny. Friends gave us The Big Bang Theory. They're just fundamentally different trajectories of television. I know which path I walk.