Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
The reflex sight makes everything even darker when aiming, a lot of times I spot someone then hold up my gun and couldnt see them anymore, losing many kills.
Is it just me? I have had this problem since Beta.
What sights do you use?
They have pulled down the tint of the glass a bit in the release, so it shouldn't be *that* dark now as it was before. It is however a intended balancing function as to let Iron Sights have a function as well.

I mostly use the Reflex Sights on close range weapons like SMGs where I don't expect to shoot many enemies at a distance, where the tint can make it harder to see them, the reflex gives a better peripheral vision around the weapon when aiming down so close enemies are easier to see. Iron Sights I use mostly on weapons that I want a bit more flexible on medium range and short like the SMLE or STG, since there is no tint on the sight it is easier to see distant enemies, while also not having a too affecting zoom so that I can still easily aim down and shoot at close range enemies. And then scopes on longer range weapons like some LMGs/MMGs (Air Sight in the case of MMGs) or the Gewehr, where I just expect if a enemy gets too close I am screwed with the primary anyway.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The reflex sight makes everything even darker when aiming, a lot of times I spot someone then hold up my gun and couldnt see them anymore, losing many kills.
Is it just me? I have had this problem since Beta.
What sights do you use?
Yeah, I hate those reflex sights too. Some are ok though. I use most guns without any sights.

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
YOU are the one not clearly understanding! Unlocks IN THEMSELVES are not necessarily bad! I am not fucking advocating that everything is unlocked, ready to be used however the fuck you want from the very moment you start the game! It is starting from a position of lower power that is bad!

In your own goddamn example of Black Ops 4, while you haven't unlocked every fucking attachment for your weapon, you are still compensated by having enough perks and other tools available to fill out those Pick 10 points! That means, that even if you're new, and you're going in with a new weapon, you are still decked enough with OTHER GEAR to be considered competitive even if your weapon itself isn't upgraded! You always am able, new or not, to fully fill out those points, not SPECIFICALLY NECESSARILY WITH JUST YOUR WEAPON. That creates a balance where even a new player is evened out against a experienced player. The experienced player can choose to discard all those perks for extra attachments that he has unlocked, but he has to GIVE SOMETHING UP to put them on his weapon!

In Battlefield 5, you DO NOT GIVE ANYTHING UP while upgrading your weapon or vehicle! You start from level 1 and YOU ONLY GET STRONGER as you upgrade your weapon. The equivalent would be then that if you upgraded a weapon, you had to forego your class gadgets! A Assault with a fully upgraded STG would not be able to carry a Panzerfaust as well! That is not the case, a player who starts new with his Valentine tank and try to use it against a fully upgraded Panzer IV WILL be at a disadvantage, not ONLY in terms of skill but also in terms of gear power! Like pitting a lvl 30 WoW character against a lvl 50, it's gonna be a little bit fucking one-sided fight!

But you do get stronger as u unlock shit in COD. Attachments that give you more headshot damage literally makes you stronger than the base guy. You therefore have an advantage over new players. Everyone in both games start at the same level meaning they all start with the same shit. Everything is the same for everyone. The 10 point system can't even be fully used until you have enough shit unlocked to use it.

Where and when you start playing the game isn't the games fucking problem. It's yours.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I hate shooters and I love this game

this multiplayer is so fun

Melhisedek

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I have watched a few streamers and some of them have/use guns that they almost spray with and also some guns that they single shot with.
Any tips on newbie friendly guns? (not gonna use the support one as it is getting nerfed. And also as Grazzt said, what are some good sights?

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
They have pulled down the tint of the glass a bit in the release, so it shouldn't be *that* dark now as it was before. It is however a intended balancing function as to let Iron Sights have a function as well.
It's still that dark to me, probably due to HDR and my tv settings. I've adjusted the brightness but didn't see any improvement.
It's so fucking stupid, if you want balance just make it take longer time to aim like previous games. The tint makes no sense

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
But you do get stronger as u unlock shit in COD. Attachments that give you more headshot damage literally makes you stronger than the base guy. You therefore have an advantage over new players. Everyone in both games start at the same level meaning they all start with the same shit. Everything is the same for everyone. The 10 point system can't even be fully used until you have enough shit unlocked to use it.

Where and when you start playing the game isn't the games fucking problem. It's yours.
Okay then! Thank you! That shit was not very clearly explained in any of these videos/lists of what's available, documentation of this game is woefully crap.

Then that is not good. It's worse than CoD4 that did indeed let you start at a even position and then unlocked more options over time. Not upgrades. Not better stuff. Not more stuff that you can equip simultaneously. Just options. Horizontal unlocking.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Just played the first War Story. God it was bad. Felt like something that would be the first rough draft for an actual mission. Honestly one of the worst and most boring things I ever played.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Is this a bug or missing feature. When my squad finishes a match and we want to back out before the next match starts, I try to quit and take squad with me but it doesn't work/ doesn't give the option. I only see the option when you try and quit during a match. Any insight? Thanks Xbox btw

Vaelic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so... when you call for an ammo supply drop as a squad leader, for example, and you receive the message "supply drop incoming" in the center of the screen, who sees that text exactly? your squad only or the entire team you're on?

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
so... when you call for an ammo supply drop as a squad leader, for example, and you receive the message "supply drop incoming" in the center of the screen, who sees that text exactly? your squad only or the entire team you're on?

Fairly sure only the squad sees that text, would be a bit much if it popped up all the time if a bunch of squads decided to call one in around the same time.

Oct 26, 2017
I am right now looking at a tutorial video for how class loadouts works in Black Ops 4 and they seem to go by a "Pick 10" system where you have 10 points to distribute on weapons, attachments and perks. You can fully upgrade a weapon with all kinds of attachments but it seem to leave you with little room then left to equip perks, and vice versa. It is a balancing act where even a newbie player gets to fully fill out those 10 points on a created class with his kit. In other words, still nothing like Battlefield V, actually a lot more balanced and quite preferable. I wish they had that for BFV where you picked a loadout that costs points for every class/vehicle, and everyone can fully equip their choice of kit even from the start, then over time they unlock new things to equip in those kits instead. Seems quite brilliant and now I am getting a bit sold on Black Ops 4.

Point still stands about Call of Duty 4 also.

Like I said earlier, poor choice of words.

And explain to me how this starting weapon for Assault/Medic/Support/Recon benefits players wanting to fly planes/drive tanks. Can you mount the weapon on your tank? You can answer with the same snark if you like.
It's a fair point that the vehicle unlock system is inherently unfair in Battlefield V but comparing the infantry loadouts with Black Ops 4 is just insanity especially since you haven't even played it. BO4 progression is so heavily gated that I don't even think you can use all 10 points right off the bat, not to mention things like being able to use an extra perk in the same slot as another requires another unlock. The freebie starting classes in BFV are a lot more viable than the ones you get in COD, it's laughable that you'd suggest that Black Ops has more balance between new players and people with all the unlocks.

COD4 also forced you to to unlock the attachments. Not a *huge* deal but still a 'vertical upgrade' of the type you hate.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
It's still that dark to me, probably due to HDR and my tv settings. I've adjusted the brightness but didn't see any improvement.
It's so fucking stupid, if you want balance just make it take longer time to aim like previous games. The tint makes no sense
Seems to be a TV issue? :P
I just looked through mine and it is quite difficult to discern THAT much of a difference.
01JDrue.jpg
It's a fair point that the vehicle unlock system is inherently unfair in Battlefield V but comparing the infantry loadouts with Black Ops 4 is just insanity especially since you haven't even played it. BO4 progression is so heavily gated that I don't even think you can use all 10 points right off the bat, not to mention things like being able to use an extra perk in the same slot as another requires another unlock. The freebie starting classes in BFV are a lot more viable than the ones you get in COD, it's laughable that you'd suggest that Black Ops has more balance between new players and people with all the unlocks.

COD4 also forced you to to unlock the attachments. Not a *huge* deal but still a 'vertical upgrade' of the type you hate.
Yeah, like mentioned, none of the videos really went into much detail how the system actually worked and finding lists of when things unlocked etc. seems nigh impossible. They just say what's available, sorta. It's really badly documented how Black Ops 4 works in detail. Searching for videos on youtube yields a huge amount of obnoxiously titled videos like "BEST CLASS LOADOUT IN BLACK OPS 4 BLACKOPS4 BEST LOADOUT CLASS", that being the entire video title. Stupid Youtube algorithms... While I do appreciate the freebie starting weapons, the problem becomes more apparent if you wanna go outside those starting weapons where you suddenly become just instantly handicapped for it. I think it contributes a lot to the fact that most people seem to stay with the starter weapon, there is a lacking incentive to try the others. I wish all weapons had a pre-set of specializations, and then you over time unlocked them to start customizing. The same goes for all the vehicles. That would have been more than optimal and far superior to what we have now.

As for the CoD4 thing, not entirely true. While you do have to unlock the other attachments, you at least get compensated for not having a weapon attachment by be given instead a Tier 1 perk. So when you start a new class with a MP5, you maybe don't have the Red Dot Sight, you can however instead then have access to a pair of C4's, a pair of RPG-7s and so on. And as said, some weapons start with attachments available, the M16 and AK assault rifles that was available to choose when I unlocked the Create a Class both had the Grenade Launcher Attachment available, if I picked it, I couldn't then also pick the Tier 1 perk.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Bottom line:

You should NEVER put players in the situation where their basic loadout is incomplete (vertical). You can add attachments or perks which aren't as useful or synergistic (horizontal), but leaving empty upgrade slots is a straight up penalty.

I liked BF1 preset system in that regard. You unlock a weapon, and it is max performance instead of being empty of attachments/upgrades. I like flexibility to customize the items, but is it enough to overcome leveling-up all weapons (which may or may not be any good or fun) just to fully unlock their performance.

Oct 26, 2017
As for the CoD4 thing, not entirely true. While you do have to unlock the other attachments, you at least get compensated for not having a weapon attachment by be given instead a Tier 1 perk. So when you start a new class with a MP5, you maybe don't have the Red Dot Sight, you can however instead then have access to a pair of C4's, a pair of RPG-7s and so on. And as said, some weapons start with attachments available, the M16 and AK assault rifles that was available to choose when I unlocked the Create a Class both had the Grenade Launcher Attachment available, if I picked it, I couldn't then also pick the Tier 1 perk.
Ahh, I had forgotten that little detail. But yeah, COD very quickly moved away from that as of MW2 (I didn't play much WaW but from what I recall it was just a cheap WW2 reskin of COD4 anyway, which is why I lost interest).

Since it's really easy to swap out weapons in BFV, if I'm leveling something and I'm feeling like it's putting me at a disadvantage in a way that is jeopardizing a potential win I'll just switch back to something that's fully specced. It's been a non-issue, I've gotten every weapon that I've unlocked to level 4, and I think I have maybe 1 each for support/assault left and then 2-3 each for medic/recon. The only issue I'm having is that company coin starvation which means it's pointless and extra counter-productive to level stuff before Tides of War hopefully fixes it. If I did still have some coin it would be annoying that I can't typically do an upgrade between rounds anyway (I can do it in Conquest, if I'm focused and remember the convoluted path through the menus as the window to upgrade is very narrow, but it doesn't seem to be possible during Operations).

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Any freecam tools available for PC version?

Also, wish it was possible to bind a key to hide UI. Right now I'll just turn it off for a bit and play so I can take multiple screens but then I rarely know who the fuck I'm shooting at.

Check the keybindings. There should be a way to bind Hide / Show UI to some button. Please let me know if you cannot find it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Good old bomb won't spawn and the game just runs on. You'd think they'd fix this by now.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this game at all.

Enemy hit +117 on one person 1v1

That person is still alive and I still die.

What is this shit?

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I played Frontlines for the first time on Hamada. Are matches usually that long on that mode? We were in a stalemate in the middle flags for what seemed like an hour before pushing through the final points and blowing up the final objectives in 15 minutes.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Keasar have to say having played both BFV and BlackOps4 the disadvantage you get as a new player is worse in BlackOps4. You get destroyed by people with fully tooled up guns when you start with iron sights and limited perk selection. Much prefer the more even playing fields of Blackout. Understand your points about BFV but I think the initial guns being "perked" out for each class certainly helps. Vehicles are a problem though.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
elenarie is there way to report cheaters etc?
Doesnt seem there is any system ingame, if its in origin then meh, they are not gonna get reported.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I played Frontlines for the first time on Hamada. Are matches usually that long on that mode? We were in a stalemate in the middle flags for what seemed like an hour before pushing through the final points and blowing up the final objectives in 15 minutes.

I dunno if they're supposed to be that long, but mine have definitely gone on for like 40 minutes...or felt that way, anyway.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Okay then! Thank you! That shit was not very clearly explained in any of these videos/lists of what's available, documentation of this game is woefully crap.

Then that is not good. It's worse than CoD4 that did indeed let you start at a even position and then unlocked more options over time. Not upgrades. Not better stuff. Not more stuff that you can equip simultaneously. Just options. Horizontal unlocking.

CoD4 is my gold standard in progression-based shooters. Not only do you start out with powerful presets, but there were few, if any, high level weapons objectively superior (I recall the P90 being somewhat OP). I did most my prestiges with early weapons like the M16 and M4A1.

BF5's starter class presets are perfectly fine. I'm surprised by how well I've been doing with them.

It's the vehicles progression that's all kinds of messed up and what may ultimately put me off the game. I've played for 5 hours and haven't even had a chance to use a plane yet. No doubt when I finally do, not only will the other guy have more experience, but objectively better stats as well...

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
The 12G shotgun is just too much fun. I really wish recon had a shotgun.

Reached level 16 as support and have one more mastery for full gold on everyone's favorite LMG, the KE7. I've somehow already spent 40 hours with this game.

Deleted member 8702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My biggest gripe with the game right now is there's no way to change assignments without returning to the main menu.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Literally no other action other than damage done.

No assist
No spot
Nothing
Just shooting the gun and got 117 on it.

Is heath more than 100?

Health is never over 100.

Either you hit somebody else too (the damage number is accumulative across multiple players) or you're actually looking at the score (not damage, the actual score).

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
people can sometimes hear me in game, and I can see the voice icon moving as if people are talking too but I can never hear my squad. Does anyone know how to fix this? All the other audio settings in the game are fine. I see there is a VOIP on or off option, but it's set to on. I can't find an independent VOIP volume or anything like that. Anyone got help?

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing you were looking at the score then. Without a screenshot or anything it's hard to really determine anything else.

Is a latency of 30 bad at all?

I'm just looking for any excuse to why I'm just not getting it done as much as I have Battlefield 1. That game just seems much more polished to me.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Any of you experienced pilots have any tips for a noob like me? Using one of the fighter planes. Anything in general. I feel like a sitting (flying) duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.