• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Perks that allow you too shoot through different types of walls also give you an "unfair advantage", yet if you go into BO4 now, youll have the same "unfair advantage" as a player whose coming in later.

The argument was that people would come in and get destroyed when you can use the default guns that already have perks set. As for planes and tanks, veteran players still get owned regularly by those so i dunno what you expect Dice to do about that.

New people start from the beginning like everyone else. Thats the way its been for ages. Its not a big deal.

You're not understanding the point whatsoever...

Let's go by the example you wanted to drag out, Call of Duty 4. When you start new in Call of Duty 4, you're given a set of 3 pre-set classes, quickly unlocked to 5, that all come fully equipped with perks and weapons, as many as any player can carry from the start till the end no matter how much playtime they spend. Then at Rank 4 they unlock the ability to Create A Class, these are two screens I just took after player the multiplayer for a few minutes and unlocking it.
72655CA56B6649F4EBE6C854A2B70BFBA96025AC
6C092BB6A00CAE01DBE304BCC0C937552D416B16
I have a limited amount of perks and weapons to choose from, but at the same time I can also fully equip the classes that I create to their maximum power. I can equip a Perk in every slot (Perk 1 cannot however have a perk if you bring a weapon attachment on your primary weapon, like the Grenade Launcher), I have access to every single type of Special Grenade (Smoke, Flash, Stun) and so on. Presumably, each weapon, no matter which level you unlock them, is also balanced against each other to fulfill different playstyles, having different strengths and weaknesses and you choose the weapon that applies best to you. You maybe won't have the weapon that suits you the best, but with some accommodation, even the starter weapons are just as deadly as the late rank weapons, no more no less. None of the weapons can be upgraded, tweaked etc. They are all at a set power for every player no matter how much time spent. The same goes with the perks, you pick the perks that suit you and your preferred playstyle, and presumably like everything else in the game, they are balanced against each other in order to make multiple class builds viable.

Essentially, no matter when you start in the game, you are on an equal powerlevel with every other player in terms of your play kit, not your experience, but the tools you have available as a player. It all then after that comes down to your skill.

In Battlefield V however, the Specializations do not work like that. The Specializations act as a so called "Vertical Upgrade" tree, something I am very disappointed in DICE to lie about how they would be (they clearly said that they intended the Specializations to be balanced, these are anything but), but here they are in their full glory. Let's take one weapon as an example, the MG42.
The difference between a Rank 0 MG42 and a Rank 4 MG42 with all Specializations unlocked are literally massive. First I have bullets with 10% increased velocity making it easier to hit distant targets. I have a massively increased size of the belt magazine, going from a standard 50 round belt to a 500% increase of 250 rounds. The highlighted perk there in the screenshot reduces the overheating by 33%, making me able to fire a full 100 rounds before overheating unlike the standard MG42 that overheats at pretty much precisely 50 rounds, the overheating also affects the weapon a lot less than previously, making me able to fire at full effect for longer (overheating slows the fire rate the hotter the weapon is). And lastly, I can pick either a 15% faster reload or a 100% increase in damage against aircraft, turning me into a small walking AA turret. In order to actually unlock these perks, I have to first of all make sure I use the weapon, at it's worst state, and rank it up to 4, then I also have to gather the required amount of Company Coins needed to actually buy the upgrades as well (2100 coins are needed to fully upgrade a weapon, which takes 7 days to get if you've reached Rank 50 and can only do Daily Assignments to get the rest).

Incase you still don't quite understand the difference, let's put in terms like this:

Imagine in Call of Duty 4 that you start off with the 3 preset classes, all fine so far. But then when you unlock the option to start creating your own classes, you only have access to a main weapon and a side arm. You don't have yet access to any of the perks. That's for Rank 10. Once you reach rank 10 and unlock your first perk, you also need to spend Duty Coins to actually buy the perk, which is a very slow grind currency. So now you have to play against players, who've spent more time than you and who have access to not only weapons, but also perks like Stopping Power (increased bullet damage) and Deep Impact (better bullet penetration on environments), which you do not have, for more rounds in order to get. You're playing a gimped player kit compared to other players. Oh, and to unlock those new perks and stuff, you can't keep playing those pre-set classes, you have to play your less equipped newly created class.

And that is how Battlefield V feels a lot. It is NOTHING like Call of Duty 4, I have no idea about later Call of Duty games, I kinda stopped with multiplayer COD after 4. In Call of Duty 4, you start at the same position of power as any other player, no matter the amount spent. The rest then goes down to how well you play in terms of skill.

In Battlefield V, you start at a lower position of power if you go outside your pre-set weapons. If you wanna play with Tanks or Planes, you're royally screwed against the people who will by now have, for example, upgraded airplanes that have better maneuverability, more firepower and better hulls that stand against damage more. And you HAVE to play with your Shitty Shitty Bang Bang Spitfire against the Monsterschmitts with increased firerate, explosive rounds etc. in order to actually improve it one day to that level.

That to me, is really bad multiplayer design.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
My gosh, how do ya folks level up so quickly. I'm still struggling to max out just one class.

I like the game and have fun, but as always with every Battlefield since 3, "leveling" to unlock stuff is so damn frustrating as a mediocre player.
Some really hard determination. :P
And a lot of afternoons spent playing.

I have this bullheaded attitude that I wanna max rank and unlock everything for every class/vehicle etc. so that I can just enjoy trying out different play styles, customization etc. at peace without worrying about what I'm missing out on. Have done so since Battlefield 3. Battlefield V however is the first game has actively kicked me in the shins putting a stop my pursuit of doing so by putting a daily limit how much I can progress. And I notice now that I play a lot less nowadays, just logging in to do the daily assignments and then logging out.

you can play the game without unlocking stuff
Doesn't change the fact that you're actively weaker if you haven't unlocked stuff, so if you're like me and play competitively, you have to now unlock things to be competitive.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Why should I use a attack plane when the bomber is actually almost as agile as the attack plane, has a machine gun mount, bombs to take down vehicles and infantry, stronger health, and the worse... has a backseat gun where you can instant switch behind and take down the enemy plane on your tail.

I find it best to approach bombers at angles they do not expect, high dive from rear or front or use deflection shots.

How the hell people get on top of the bridge on Twisted Steel? Got a whole squad on a game raining down dynamite over us. Playing on PS4 it was damn hard getting they out.

Parachute from a plane.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't change the fact that you're actively weaker if you haven't unlocked stuff, so if you're like me and play competitively, you have to now unlock things to be competitive.
huh? that's not what i'm talking about at all

i just found it weird that jumper seemed to tick off the boxes and say "more content please" when you can play the game just fine after leveling 1 gun and 1 class if you wanted

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
You're not understanding the point whatsoever...

Let's go by the example you wanted to drag out, Call of Duty 4. When you start new in Call of Duty 4, you're given a set of 3 pre-set classes, quickly unlocked to 5, that all come fully equipped with perks and weapons, as many as any player can carry from the start till the end no matter how much playtime they spend. Then at Rank 4 they unlock the ability to Create A Class, these are two screens I just took after player the multiplayer for a few minutes and unlocking it.

I have a limited amount of perks and weapons to choose from, but at the same time I can also fully equip the classes that I create to their maximum power. I can equip a Perk in every slot (Perk 1 cannot however have a perk if you bring a weapon attachment on your primary weapon, like the Grenade Launcher), I have access to every single type of Special Grenade (Smoke, Flash, Stun) and so on. Presumably, each weapon, no matter which level you unlock them, is also balanced against each other to fulfill different playstyles, having different strengths and weaknesses and you choose the weapon that applies best to you. You maybe won't have the weapon that suits you the best, but with some accommodation, even the starter weapons are just as deadly as the late rank weapons, no more no less. None of the weapons can be upgraded, tweaked etc. They are all at a set power for every player no matter how much time spent. The same goes with the perks, you pick the perks that suit you and your preferred playstyle, and presumably like everything else in the game, they are balanced against each other in order to make multiple class builds viable.

Essentially, no matter when you start in the game, you are on an equal powerlevel with every other player in terms of your play kit, not your experience, but the tools you have available as a player. It all then after that comes down to your skill.

In Battlefield V however, the Specializations do not work like that. The Specializations act as a so called "Vertical Upgrade" tree, something I am very disappointed in DICE to lie about how they would be (they clearly said that they intended the Specializations to be balanced, these are anything but), but here they are in their full glory. Let's take one weapon as an example, the MG42.

The difference between a Rank 0 MG42 and a Rank 4 MG42 with all Specializations unlocked are literally massive. First I have bullets with 10% increased velocity making it easier to hit distant targets. I have a massively increased size of the belt magazine, going from a standard 50 round belt to a 500% increase of 250 rounds. The highlighted perk there in the screenshot reduces the overheating by 33%, making me able to fire a full 100 rounds before overheating unlike the standard MG42 that overheats at pretty much precisely 50 rounds, the overheating also affects the weapon a lot less than previously, making me able to fire at full effect for longer (overheating slows the fire rate the hotter the weapon is). And lastly, I can pick either a 15% faster reload or a 100% increase in damage against aircraft, turning me into a small walking AA turret. In order to actually unlock these perks, I have to first of all make sure I use the weapon, at it's worst state, and rank it up to 4, then I also have to gather the required amount of Company Coins needed to actually buy the upgrades as well (2100 coins are needed to fully upgrade a weapon, which takes 7 days to get if you've reached Rank 50 and can only do Daily Assignments to get the rest).

Incase you still don't quite understand the difference, let's put in terms like this:

Imagine in Call of Duty 4 that you start off with the 3 preset classes, all fine so far. But then when you unlock the option to start creating your own classes, you only have access to a main weapon and a side arm. You don't have yet access to any of the perks. That's for Rank 10. Once you reach rank 10 and unlock your first perk, you also need to spend Duty Coins to actually buy the perk, which is a very slow grind currency. So now you have to play against players, who've spent more time than you and who have access to not only weapons, but also perks like Stopping Power (increased bullet damage) and Deep Impact (better bullet penetration on environments), which you do not have, for more rounds in order to get. You're playing a gimped player kit compared to other players. Oh, and to unlock those new perks and stuff, you can't keep playing those pre-set classes, you have to play your less equipped newly created class.

And that is how Battlefield V feels a lot. It is NOTHING like Call of Duty 4, I have no idea about later Call of Duty games, I kinda stopped with multiplayer COD after 4. In Call of Duty 4, you start at the same position of power as any other player, no matter the amount spent. The rest then goes down to how well you play in terms of skill.

In Battlefield V, you start at a lower position of power if you go outside your pre-set weapons. If you wanna play with Tanks or Planes, you're royally screwed against the people who will by now have, for example, upgraded airplanes that have better maneuverability, more firepower and better hulls that stand against damage more. And you HAVE to play with your Shitty Shitty Bang Bang Spitfire against the Monsterschmitts with increased firerate, explosive rounds etc. in order to actually improve it one day to that level.

That to me, is really bad multiplayer design.

What your describing is essentially the same thing. In order to have better accuracy in COD on Gun#1, you need to use that gun and rank it up to the point where you then unlock its red-dot which gives better accuracy, the grip (less recoil), silencer, etc. You need to start at that lower level gun and use that gun to unlock all of its attachments that make that one gun better. The base guns in COD have the same basic problem as the ones in BF5. You still need to use them to unlock the shit that makes them better or easier to use. Unlocking shit in COD for an MP5 doesnt unlock it for everything. Its a gun by gun basis and you need to use them individually to get those attachments on every gun.

That means that when you first start using an MP5 tomorrow, your MP5 will be the base one that the other players whove been playing longer have already upgraded. Thus youll have to play with a lower spec gun to get to the same level as someone whose been playing since day 1. You have disadvantages at the start just like in BF5.

IN BF5, the only difference is that you need to unlock them with the credits you make by playing and fulfilling assignments. In BO4 its a point system. Meaning you have 10 point to use per class. Every item is one point. If the person doesnt know that, then yes, its probably gonna be worse for them. And ill be honest with you, on some of my guns in BF5, i totally forgot to unlock the perks cause im just not used to doing that in a BF game and i was still finishing top of my team on a regular basis. I was doing just as well in this that i was doing in BF1.

Any game you start playing now as compared to day one, youll be at a disadvantage. Whether its the map layout, or you using the base guns, youll need to put in the work to get at a higher level.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
huh? that's not what i'm talking about at all

i just found it weird that jumper seemed to tick off the boxes and say "more content please" when you can play the game just fine after leveling 1 gun and 1 class if you wanted
Whats so hard to understand that i wanna see new weapons to play with? Did i say the game is terrible just because i grinded it a lot already? right, i didnt.

The game currently features way too much BF1 weapons and i played with this weapons already years ago. I want some WW2 goodies. Some russian, american etc stuff.

Jan 4, 2018
I love Hamada but the current Conquest Assault formula is clearly not working. Too many times, the Allies endure complete defeat or are spending the entire game trying to capture A and B at the price of high casualties.

Most of the time, the only path to victory for Allies is to take a truck (before it's doesn't respawn) and rush to G or F.

Axis forces shouldn't start so close to A and B.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats so hard to understand that i wanna see new weapons to play with? Did i say the game is terrible just because i grinded it a lot already? right, i didnt.

The game currently features way too much BF1 weapons and i played with this weapons already years ago. I want some WW2 goodies. Some russian, american etc stuff.
it's hard to understand demanding more content when the game just came out

it's not like it has 3 maps and 6 guns. first time in years i've had this much fun playing a battlefield game, more content is just gravy at this point.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
What your describing is essentially the same thing. In order to have better accuracy in COD on Gun#1, you need to use that gun and rank it up to the point where you then unlock its red-dot which gives better accuracy, the grip (less recoil), silencer, etc. You need to start at that lower level gun and use that gun to unlock all of its attachments that make that one gun better. The base guns in COD have the same basic problem as the ones in BF5. You still need to use them to unlock the shit that makes them better or easier to use. Unlocking shit in COD for an MP5 doesnt unlock it for everything. Its a gun by gun basis and you need to use them individually to get those attachments on every gun.

That means that when you first start using an MP5 tomorrow, your MP5 will be the base one that the other players whove been playing longer have already upgraded. Thus youll have to play with a lower spec gun to get to the same level as someone whose been playing since day 1. You have disadvantages at the start just like in BF5.

IN BF5, the only difference is that you need to unlock them with the credits you make by playing and fulfilling assignments. In BO4 its a point system. Meaning you have 10 point to use per class. Every item is one point. If the person doesnt know that, then yes, its probably gonna be worse for them. And ill be honest with you, on some of my guns in BF5, i totally forgot to unlock the perks cause im just not used to doing that in a BF game and i was still finishing top of my team on a regular basis. I was doing just as well in this that i was doing in BF1.

Any game you start playing now as compared to day one, youll be at a disadvantage. Whether its the map layout, or you using the base guns, youll need to put in the work to get at a higher level.
The Red Dot Sight is an Attachment, and once again like I explained, in Call of Duty 4 you can choose to bring an attachment or not, and if you do you forfeit the Perk 1 choice. You cannot also equip a Red Dot Sight and a Grenade Launcher (your starting attachment) at the same time. So once more, you start at the same power level as a veteran player. In Battlefield 5 you literally start with nothing. Not even anything that compares to that Grenade Launcher attachment some weapons have, and for the weapons like the MP5 that doesn't have any starter attachments, you still instead get a Perk 1 choice to equip on your class. In Call of Duty 4 therefore, it is inconsequential if you've unlocked an attachment or not for a weapon, your created class still has a even power level with a player who does.

Things like map layout is a knowledge based skill you could learn even before playing. I could for example learn how to play Chess extremely well without ever touching a board, but I would be at a severe unfair disadvantage if my opponent started with an extra Queen cause he is Rank 25 Chess Addict, even though in terms of skill we are equal.

Try again.

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
The Red Dot Sight is an Attachment, and once again like I explained, in Call of Duty 4 you can choose to bring an attachment or not, and if you do you forfeit the Perk 1 choice. You cannot also equip a Red Dot Sight and a Grenade Launcher (your starting attachment) at the same time. So once more, you start at the same power level as a veteran player. In Battlefield 5 you literally start with nothing. Not even anything that compares to that Grenade Launcher attachment some weapons have, and for the weapons like the MP5 that doesn't have any starter attachments, you still instead get a Perk 1 choice to equip on your class. In Call of Duty 4 therefore, it is inconsequential if you've unlocked an attachment or not for a weapon, your created class still has a even power level with a player who does.

Things like map layout is a knowledge based skill you could learn even before playing. I could for example learn how to play Chess extremely well without ever touching a board, but I would be at a severe unfair disadvantage if my opponent started with an extra Queen cause he is Rank 25 Chess Addict, even though in terms of skill we are equal.

Try again.

Those attachments gives your gun better overall specs. The accuracy literally goes up for the gun as you equip a red dot for example. Your gun gets " better". If you dont equip it, the gun literally has worse accuracy. Its not just a visual upgrade. If you choose not to attach it its because you prefer maybe having a secondary weapon or something, or 2 mains, either way, its a decision you made knowing what your getting into. If you dont put a silencer, you appear on the map as you shoot, but your gun does more damage. Etc etc. Its "advantages". And to get them, you have to use the base gun which has everything locked.

You seem to think that CODs attachments dont actually improve the guns specs when in reality, they very much do. If the guy doesnt equip it, thats his decision.

Maybe go play a COD game made in the last 10 years.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest issue at the moment (bugs don't bother me too much) is the texture pop in on PS4 Pro. It can be pretty bad right now, I don't recall this problem in BF1?

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a lot of invisible geometry in this game.

Clear line of sight but no hit markers, no bullet holes, nothing. Can't remember this sort of stuff in previous games.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Those attachments gives your gun better overall specs. The accuracy literally goes up for the gun as you equip a red dot for example. Your gun gets " better". If you dont equip it, the gun literally has worse accuracy. Its not just a visual upgrade. If you choose not to attach it its because you prefer maybe having a secondary weapon or something, or 2 mains, either way, its a decision you made knowing what your getting into. If you dont put a silencer, you appear on the map as you shoot, but your gun does more damage. Etc etc. its advantages. And to get them, you have to use the base gun which has everything locked.

You seem to think that CODs attachments dont actually improve the guns specs when in reality, they very much do. If the guy doesnt equip it, thats his decision.

Maybe go play a COD game made in the last 10 years.

Multiplayer
The Red Dot Sight is available for all weapons except Sniper Rifles, Pistols, and the MP44 assault rifle. When selected as a weapon attachment, the Red Dot Sight replaces the weapon's iron sights. The Red Dot Sight is obtained by completing the first marksman challenge of any Assault Rifle, Submachine Gun, Light Machine Gun, or Shotgun. The Red Dot Sight is popular because it allows full peripheral vision and is clearer and easier to use than iron sights and other optics. However, the Red Dot Sight does not actually increase the weapon's ADS accuracy, which is always actually infinite.
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Dot_Sight

Funny enough, it did actually change the stat on one weapon, just the other direction:
AK-47 changes
The Red Dot Sight has an adverse effect on the AK-47 whereby it reduces the minimum damage from 30 to 20, meaning that with the Red Dot Sight equipped, the AK-47 will require one more bullet to kill at longer ranges. This effect also happens if the Silencer is equipped.

And no thanks, I stopped with Call of Duty multiplayer with 4 and I don't really intend to play another again. You however did bring it up as an example so that's where I am drawing my knowledge from.

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Dot_Sight

Funny enough, it did actually change the stat on one weapon, just the other direction:

And no thanks, I stopped with Call of Duty multiplayer with 4 and I don't really intend to play another again. You however did bring it up as an example so that's where I am drawing my knowledge from.

Dude i have BO4, i know how it fucking works. The attachments definitely improve your gun depending on what your trying to do:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/8kkkja/the_weapons_specialists_mechanics_and_other/

#4 Attachments
Attachments are unique in Black Ops 4 in that only certain attachments are available to certain weapons, even if they are in the same category (i.e. the Suppressor may be available for one Assault Rifle, but it may be unavailable for a different assault rifle). Additionally, some attachments have multiple tiers, allowing for further changes to gun behavior. To be able to equip the second tier of an attachment, you must first equip the first tier of said attachment.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017

More on those flak towers in RL

Real Engineering and Military History Visualized

The only Flak Tower, that I've read about, where a ground battle took place was the Zoo Flak Tower and the Citadel of Spandau some miles away from the Reichstag. The Russians were unable to break the defense of those defending them, and they did not want to waste more soldiers and equipment attacking them. Eventually they (the Germans) surrendered only when given acceptable surrender terms.

The only towers that Western Allies may have faced would have been the ones in Hamburg in 1945.

Anyways, I thought the idea for DICE was to go year by year for "Tides of War". So if maps now are supposedly 1939-1940, a 1945 map with a flak tower would be a huge leap, but it would be interesting either way.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Battlefield since the Battlefield Vietnam and this is probably the first I've ever felt like I should've gotten the kill rather than the person who killed me. Too many times I get 96 point kills and the person displayed shows full health. It's sickening to me how many times this has happened.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In Battlefield 5 you literally start with nothing.

The best part of this sentence is that it is *literally* objectively incorrect.

The starting weapon for each class *literally* has 4 specializations and all scopes / sights *literally* unlocked *literally* off the bat.

Literally try again.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Has anyone else NOT been getting their assignment rewards? I have yet to get a single gun part that I was supposed to.

edit: nvm it was my bad

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Dude i have BO4, i know how it fucking works. The attachments definitely improve your gun depending on what your trying to do:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/8kkkja/the_weapons_specialists_mechanics_and_other/

#4 Attachments
Attachments are unique in Black Ops 4 in that only certain attachments are available to certain weapons, even if they are in the same category (i.e. the Suppressor may be available for one Assault Rifle, but it may be unavailable for a different assault rifle). Additionally, some attachments have multiple tiers, allowing for further changes to gun behavior. To be able to equip the second tier of an attachment, you must first equip the first tier of said attachment.
I am right now looking at a tutorial video for how class loadouts works in Black Ops 4 and they seem to go by a "Pick 10" system where you have 10 points to distribute on weapons, attachments and perks. You can fully upgrade a weapon with all kinds of attachments but it seem to leave you with little room then left to equip perks, and vice versa. It is a balancing act where even a newbie player gets to fully fill out those 10 points on a created class with his kit. In other words, still nothing like Battlefield V, actually a lot more balanced and quite preferable. I wish they had that for BFV where you picked a loadout that costs points for every class/vehicle, and everyone can fully equip their choice of kit even from the start, then over time they unlock new things to equip in those kits instead. Seems quite brilliant and now I am getting a bit sold on Black Ops 4.

Point still stands about Call of Duty 4 also.

The starting weapon for each class *literally* has 4 specializations and all scopes / sights *literally* unlocked *literally* off the bat.

Literally try again.
Like I said earlier, poor choice of words.

And explain to me how this starting weapon for Assault/Medic/Support/Recon benefits players wanting to fly planes/drive tanks. Can you mount the weapon on your tank? You can answer with the same snark if you like.

docbon

Oct 25, 2017
Lying on your back is the stance of champions for MG34.

Bypass all the geometry fuckery with the bipod and play dead at the same time.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
  • Wednesday, November 28th
    • Web – Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Page – Landing page for the upcoming Tides of War release with initial details on content and weekly activities.
    • Article – Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Update Notes Sneak Peek – Dive into some of the more notable game updates that we're pushing out on December 4th, with more information on TTK/TTD updates, bomber changes, Conquest comeback mechanic improvements, and more.
  • Thursday, November 29th
    • Teaser – Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Teasers on Social – Tune into the BF social channels for teasers of War Stories: The Last Tiger, Practice Range, Panzerstorm map, and Vehicle Visual Customization

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

Literally try again.
Maybe Im wrong, but isn't this the tier system's flaw?

You are always trying to upgrade, and the progress is vertical/linear. In COD, you pick from a pool of options and can make any combination. The earlier unlocks are not inherently worse than the later attachments.

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
I am right now looking at a tutorial video for how class loadouts works in Black Ops 4 and they seem to go by a "Pick 10" system where you have 10 points to distribute on weapons, attachments and perks. You can fully upgrade a weapon with all kinds of attachments but it seem to leave you with little room then left to equip perks, and vice versa. It is a balancing act where even a newbie player gets to fully fill out those 10 points on a created class with his kit. In other words, still nothing like Battlefield V, actually a lot more balanced and quite preferable. I wish they had that for BFV where you picked a loadout that costs points for every class/vehicle, and everyone can fully equip their choice of kit even from the start, then over time they unlock new things to equip in those kits instead. Seems quite brilliant and now I am getting a bit sold on Black Ops 4.

Point still stands about Call of Duty 4 also.

Like I said earlier, poor choice of words.

And explain to me how this starting weapon for Assault/Medic/Support/Recon benefits players wanting to fly planes/drive tanks. Can you mount the weapon on your tank? You can answer with the same snark if you like.

But you cant equip them from the start. How many times does this need to be said. Theres a grinding period you must do with the base "everything" in order to even be able to access and equip all that shit. COD or BF5. It needs to be unlocked before you can pick anything. What about this phrase do you still not understand?

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
b0X9lTV.jpg

Welcome to the This Week in Battlefield V, November 26th edition!

The focus over the next week is preparing for the first Tides of War drop, Chapter 1: Overture, as we start to tease the nuances of the new content that will go live for everyone who owns Battlefield V. Previously, we released information on what to expect from the first chapter, with all content dropping on December 4th, and in-game Assignments and more starting December 6th. (New content crash course: Panzerstorm – new map, War Stories: The Last Tiger – new episode, Practice Range, Vehicle Customization, weekly events and rewards).

As always, timing on these items can always shift, but we want to give you a glimpse into what we have planned so you can tune in as each beat goes live.

This Week in Battlefield V

• Monday, November 26th
    • Article – This Week in Battlefield V – The rundown of various news beats in a concise communication roadmap. This is the article you're reading now!

• Article – Battlefield V's Known Issues List Update (Reddit & Forums) – As we track known issues internally and acknowledge major issues brought to our attention we'll keep our Known Issues list updated on the daily (bi-daily, at the least).

• Update – Battlefield V 11-26-2018 Server Update – An update went live today that addressed a few issues that we were able to resolve without pushing a client update. Worry not, we're still working on an update to go live alongside the BFV Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Update on December 4th. Here's the list of changes that went live on the server side today:
      • Fixed an issue where weapons would stay locked even though the rank requirement had been achieved.

• Fixed an issue which could result in players getting disconnected when attempting to join a server.

• Daily assignments that have been completed previously can now be completed again if the player would get it again on a separate day.

• Improvements to the team balance at the start of rounds. Teams should no longer have a larger uneven number of players.

• Several stability improvements for the server.
  • Wednesday, November 28th
    • Web – Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Page – Landing page for the upcoming Tides of War release with initial details on content and weekly activities.

• Article – Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Update Notes Sneak Peek – Dive into some of the more notable game updates that we're pushing out on December 4th, with more information on TTK/TTD updates, bomber changes, Conquest comeback mechanic improvements, and more.
  • Thursday, November 29th
    • Teaser – Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Teasers on Social – Tune into the BF social channels for teasers of War Stories: The Last Tiger, Practice Range, Panzerstorm map, and Vehicle Visual Customization.
  • Friday, November 30th
    • Article - Battlefield V Weekly Debrief – Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums. ICYMI, here's last week's Battlefield V Weekly Debrief.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Im wrong, but isn't this the tier system's flaw?

You are always trying to upgrade, and the progress is vertical/linear. In COD, you pick from a pool of options and can make any combination. The earlier unlocks are not inherently worse than the later attachments.

Eh. In my experience the weapons hit level 4 fairly easily. Vehicles take a little longer but it's not that big of a deal IMHO

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
But you cant equip them from the start. How many times does this need to be said. Theres a grinding period you must do with the base "everything" in order to even be able to access and equip all that shit. COD or BF5. It needs to be unlocked before you can pick anything. What about this phrase do you still not understand?
I think he mainly means in Blops 4 everyone can equip everything and only the class decides what abilities you have. He wants that for BFV and I kinda like that system also more than the BF system but it's a balancing thing. Medic with LMG would be kinda weird. Although, didn't have the medic an LMG is one of the games? Bad Company 2?

And I still don't understand what Tides of War really is... is it just the name for the update?

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. In my experience the weapons hit level 4 fairly easily. Vehicles take a little longer but it's not that big of a deal IMHO

Yeah Im guessing its not that big of an issue, outside of vehicle unlocks. With gun kills, most come from just seeing another player before they see you. With vehicles though, you are reliant on those confrontations and trading shots

That said, you don't have to grind the vehicles, so you can ignore them until you can upgrade them with coin.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
YOU are the one not clearly understanding! Unlocks IN THEMSELVES are not necessarily bad! I am not fucking advocating that everything is unlocked, ready to be used however the fuck you want from the very moment you start the game! It is starting from a position of lower power that is bad!

In your own goddamn example of Black Ops 4, while you haven't unlocked every fucking attachment for your weapon, you are still compensated by having enough perks and other tools available to fill out those Pick 10 points! That means, that even if you're new, and you're going in with a new weapon, you are still decked enough with OTHER GEAR to be considered competitive even if your weapon itself isn't upgraded! You always am able, new or not, to fully fill out those points, not SPECIFICALLY NECESSARILY WITH JUST YOUR WEAPON. That creates a balance where even a new player is evened out against a experienced player. The experienced player can choose to discard all those perks for extra attachments that he has unlocked, but he has to GIVE SOMETHING UP to put them on his weapon!

In Battlefield 5, you DO NOT GIVE ANYTHING UP while upgrading your weapon or vehicle! You start from level 1 and YOU ONLY GET STRONGER as you upgrade your weapon. The equivalent would be then that if you upgraded a weapon, you had to forego your class gadgets! A Assault with a fully upgraded STG would not be able to carry a Panzerfaust as well! That is not the case, a player who starts new with his Valentine tank and try to use it against a fully upgraded Panzer IV WILL be at a disadvantage, not ONLY in terms of skill but also in terms of gear power! Like pitting a lvl 30 WoW character against a lvl 50, it's gonna be a little bit fucking one-sided fight!
I think he mainly means in Blops 4 everyone can equip everything and only the class decides what abilities you have. He wants that for BFV and I kinda like that system also more than the BF system but it's a balancing thing. Medic with LMG would be kinda weird. Although, didn't have the medic an LMG is one of the games? Bad Company 2?

And I still don't understand what Tides of War really is... is it just the name for the update?
Not exactly no, I am fine with having specific classes with specific roles that you can customize and change a bit, but it would still remain within a certain role (albeit with slight tweaks), hopefully my, frankly kinda now mad explanation, above makes it a bit clear what I am trying to say.

And yes, it was in Bad Company 2 the "Medic" class carried a LMG (actually called a "Support" in BC2, where the Assault now carried the ammo boxes).

And Tides of War is just the name, it is in all other ways like any other game with a drawn out post-release support. Like Rainbow Six: Siege.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
The reflex sight makes everything even darker when aiming, a lot of times I spot someone then hold up my gun and couldnt see them anymore, losing many kills.
Is it just me? I have had this problem since Beta.
What sights do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.