nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like game censors "DLC" but if you type "Free" before it, it doesn't censor it ;)

ue0593pqgwk11.png

Does that work for "free white man"?

Fanta

May 27, 2018
I like how a dev gave an explanation and they're looking to fix it, but it gets ignored so people can shit on devs because they can't say white men lmao.

And people wonder why devs don't bother trying to explain anything to gamers.

OP
OP
Antiax

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I like how a dev gave an explanation and they're looking to fix it, but it gets ignored so people can shit on devs because they can't say white men lmao.

He didn't explain why it was censored in the first place. It looks like it's not an algorithm but the words were put manually.

Oct 27, 2017

Communities are abusive, but this time it is EA messing with the filter and being called out. They haven't given an explanation, it is not an error or a bug, someone at DICE decided that these words should be blocked, now they are backtracking because it was as stupid decision.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man I wish the HDR had ***** point setting. Also the ***** balance in the Norway map is out of whack because the snow looks blue, not *****

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
What a sad society in which algorithms need to protect us from toxic communities of human beings who don't know how to act like human beings.

Something has went terribly wrong in the educative system in western countries, when we have reached this situation, with a lot of adults acting like kids, and with people showing zero respect to other human beings.

It's like every fucking ideal that the humanity finally achieved through decades of activism, starting with the workers conditions, is been destroyed in this shit of decade.

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
Titanfall has to be because it's not a normal word and has "tit" in it. Stuff like title and Titan are in the *********... wtf?

*** tionary

Wtf era mods are *****s

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
They really going overboard with censoring stuff.

Let me guess they also going to censor "woman" and "women" just so that nobody talks about the stupid "but mah immersion" bullshit.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're not fighting actual Nazis online when you fight against the German faction, really doesn't have any place in a multiplayer game and I'm pretty sure it's banned in Rainbow Six Siege too.

White and Titanfall are the mind boggling ones.
I mean you are fighting the Nazi army online they just called them the German faction

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you would say the same thing if the word "black man"/asian man was censored as well? They're not needed to play the game after all.
NONE of these words should be censored.

The only thing that is "yuck" here is your post.

the aim is to reduce toxicity. perhaps the developers have seen that that particular strain of words has been used in a toxic/negative/abusive way. do you think you know better than the developers, or have it on good authority that they are implementing checks and balances without legitimate and positive intent? is this that hard to understand? and to answer your first question - no i wouldnt have a problem with them censoring the two examples you gave. what is 'yucky' about my absolute disgust with people who cant play a game without being absolute shitheads that force developers to adopt systems like this to counter their basic, moronic ignorant urges?

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Oh man fucking god people.. Literally like the first post has a dev saying.. "Hey we realize some things that shouldn't be censored are and vice versa. It's a on going process and we're looking into it"

Why do people just want tear this game apart?

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man fucking god people.. Literally like the first post has a dev saying.. "Hey we realize some things that shouldn't be censored are and vice versa. It's a on going process and we're looking into it"

Why do people just want tear this game apart?

Probably because the explanation doesn't quite hold up under further scrutiny. It's just bizarre.

I'm a fan of the game.

Stoney

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
Oh man. Who is in charge of this game? I though the "if you don't like it don't buy it/ if you don't like it your uneducated" guy got fired! Lmao

It's funny. You had all the backlash, you even have to delay the game because nobody's planning on buying it rn, and then you do this. Lol what a freakin mess

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand censoring nazi, but white man? This sounds extreme.

Censoring "dlc" though, WTF?!

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017
I just don't get how developers are so oblivious when they implement things like this, even as a WIP, and not realize it'll attract bad attention.

It attracts players like me who are tired of chats being full of racism and misogyny in every single match.
Fixing the problem is two-part, making it harder to be toxic in chat, and attracting more players who don't want to hear it while trying to enjoy a video game.