Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh the d-word. i get it.

As a wh*te m*n there is nothing left but to... R I S E. U P.

3id6bztpg4t01.png
this is an excellent post, this is the level of memery i aspire to.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall didnt exist during WW2 that's why. It's all about authenticity.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Sucks" is also censored lol the profanity filter is wayyyyy over the top at the moment

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why in the fuck are folks getting heated for not being able to type 'white man' into a video game chat. Fucking yuck. Play the game, don't be a douchebag. OOPS I ASKED TOO MUCH

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
Seriously,how do you censor word "nazi" in a WW2 game where you are supposed to fight against Nazis?!?

Is nazi swastika censored as well?

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i can see why white man..nazi and dlc though? XD
Are people really not getting that dlc is how you would type dlck, ie: dick.

Its not about censoring DLC talk. C'mon, more critical thinking please.
you do know that you have one thousands other ways to bypass censorship if you want to

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I don't know, I don't like such text censor mechanics, cause it's more annoying than helpful most of the times. We had a few in the past and more than often when you want to write something normal, it gets censored for whatever reason.

Like you can see with the Titanfall example. How it's censored is also stupid, if they want to do such a thing, the offensive text someone writes shouldn't appear at all in the text field, doing ****** out of it is just dumb, everyone still knows most of the time what he wrote and that he offended you, so whats the point? But I guess that's an American thing or so, like the hilarious outdated TV censorship. What's the point of beeping (as example) fuck when everyone and their mother knows and most of the time even hears, cause most of the time you hear the first letters, that he said fuck?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We live in a society
*Heath Ledger's Joker pic*
Where you can't have a Heated Gaming Moment but you can suffer White Male Genocide
*Jared Leto's Joker pic*
GAMERS RISE UP

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously,how do you censor word "nazi" in a WW2 game where you are supposed to fight against Nazis?!?

Is nazi swastika censored as well?

You're not fighting actual Nazis online when you fight against the German faction, really doesn't have any place in a multiplayer game and I'm pretty sure it's banned in Rainbow Six Siege too.

White and Titanfall are the mind boggling ones.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"White" in general is censored, not just "white man". The reason? Who knows, as that post there's a lot of words that shouldn't be censored.

It's work in progress and it won't ever be perfect. I think the occasional minor frustration is well worth the price for the comfort it potentially affords.

Costanza

Alt-Account.
Banned
Aug 30, 2018
You can be the british army but they blocked the word cunt. Swedish developers should know theres a world outside america.

OP
OP
Antiax

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like game censors "DLC" but if you type "Free" before it, it doesn't censor it ;)

ue0593pqgwk11.png

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
None of those words should be censored lol. What fuckin nonsense.

Most white gamers are white supremacy nazis so i guess it makes sense to censor both, less toxicity in the long run is always welcome.
I don't think I've ever reported stupidity so fast.

*Edit*
Alright, so apparently you made a joke. The fact that I can't tell the anymore around here says it all.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall, I can see it being a case of Scunthorpe problem. DLC is weird though. If it's supposed to be a mangled "dic" then whatever they are using to check for mangling should also let through Titanfall. Otherwise every other word would be potentially blocked.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anything think that people who buy the game will appreciate the censoring?
Does anything think that people who don't buy the game will appreciate the censoring?
Does anything think that this has any chance of benefiting EA in any way?

At this point, is there an Activision infiltrator at EA who keeps digging a hole for BFV to be buried in.. They literally spark a new discussion by attempting to block the discussion. Or maybe they have someone with "All PR is good PR" attitude trying to light as many fires as possible.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
Why in the fuck are folks getting heated for not being able to type 'white man' into a video game chat. Fucking yuck. Play the game, don't be a douchebag. OOPS I ASKED TOO MUCH
So you would say the same thing if the word "black man"/asian man was censored as well? They're not needed to play the game after all.
NONE of these words should be censored.

The only thing that is "yuck" here is your post.