• Jack Frost

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 376 60.9%

• Total voters

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I honestly don't really like any of the movies that have christmas or are about christmas.

My christmas movie is Fellowship of The Ring.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Nightmare Before Christmas
Muppet Christmas Carol
Christmas Vacation
Gremlins
Krampus
Home Alone
Tokyo Godfathers

This poll is a Christmas travesty!

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
What are these choices?? Where's Home Alone? Where's Elf? Where's Die Hard? Etc, etc.

At least you have one of goats, A Christmas Story.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I'm gonna watch Thor: The Dark World on Christmas, because I'd rather watch it than any of the movies in the OP.

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
Upstate NY
The poll is terrible there's 5 movies I'd put before any of the those

Klaus
Rudolph
It's a Wonderful Life
Muppets Christmas
Scrooged

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Muppet Christmas Carol is my actual favorite. Jingle All the Way should sit somewhere in the pantheon though.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Christmas Vacation is a masterpiece.

Exhibit A: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09MNF5PFZ?tag=haggle-web-de-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB

71TyBu5EYYL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Lol, I just saw this while checking if there's a 4K Disc out there of the movie.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does Die Hard even have kids in it? Not saying it's necessary, but I dunno, the ending is kind of hollow even though they get back together. And then you learn John and his wife divorced after the third movie and his son hates him. :(
Yes, it shows his kids in the picture in Holly's office and during the scenes of her house. You can't be blaming the original retroactively when the shitty sequels we don't speak of came around to fuck things up c'mon now. Die Hard's literally begins with John going to California to be with his wife and children for the holidays to try and better their relationship, it's literally the entire reason why he's in the building where the conflict takes place. Also, kids being present for something to be considered Christmas movie is one of the stranger requirements I've seen.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I feel compelled to state that the eternal debate whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie has always been insufferable to me, because it so obviously is one. Putting aside all the many many references to Christmas that are in the movie, I just want to point out that Michael Kamen's soundtrack LITERALLY has sleigh bells incorporated into it.

View: https://youtu.be/oY0wvl2ktY8?si=e2eCH1SAa_qVIJY_

Anyway, I generally try to watch it every December, not necessarily on Christmas day.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Nightmare Before Christmas are my two favorites. But I'm still kinda picky about which Christmas movies I love. I do like Olive the Other Reindeer, but that's more of a TV Special.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel compelled to state that the eternal debate whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie has always been insufferable to me, because it so obviously is one. Putting aside all the many many references to Christmas that are in the movie, I just want to point out that Michael Kamen's soundtrack LITERALLY has sleigh bells incorporated into it.

View: https://youtu.be/oY0wvl2ktY8?si=e2eCH1SAa_qVIJY_

Anyway, I generally try to watch it every December, not necessarily on Christmas day.

The only argument I've seen against it that might hold water is that it wasn't released around Christmas season.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My personal top five are:

1. Christmas Vacation
2. Home Alone 1 & 2 (yeah I'm counting them as one :P)
3. A Muppet Christmas Carol
4. Arthur Christmas
5. Klaus

Honorable mention: The Polar Express (despite how utterly horrifying it looks 80% of the time).

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it shows his kids in the picture in Holly's office and during the scenes of her house. You can't be blaming the original retroactively when the shitty sequels we don't speak of came around to fuck things up c'mon now. Die Hard's literally begins with John going to California to be with his wife and children for the holidays to try and better their relationship, it's literally the entire reason why he's in the building where the conflict takes place. Also, kids being present for something to be considered Christmas movie is one of the stranger requirements I've seen.
Fair enough. I definitely like that John tries to be a better husband/father, and Al Powell serves as kind of a vehicle for us audiences to cheer him on. I stand corrected. It's better than most Christmas movies where people generally act like jerks.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
The best Christmas movies is Scrooge imo (1951 Christmas Carol adaptation starring Alastair Sim).

otBxZLW.png
wanna circle back to this

alastair sim's take on scrooge is easily my favorite of any actor who's ever played him

you really believe the transformation of his character by the end of the film

you can tell he's primarily a stage performer with how well he gets across his emotions in big, sweeping ways. sometimes that can be a distraction in a movie, but with a story as archetypal as almost a play or biblical telling already it fits perfectly

i rewatch this movie at least once a year and each time its a joy