Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Saw a picture going around on twitter from an interview with Isayama.

He expresses regret with the pacing of the 'political arc' of the manga and is seemingly wanting to right them with the anime.

Looks like we could be seeing some substantial change in the upcoming season. Will be interesting to see what happens. I really enjoyed the exploration of Levi in that arc, hopefully it is retained in the anime adaption.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Saw a picture going around on twitter from an interview with Isayama.

He expresses regret with the pacing of the 'political arc' of the manga and is seemingly wanting to right them with the anime.

Looks like we could be seeing some substantial change in the upcoming season. Will be interesting to see what happens. I really enjoyed the exploration of Levi in that arc, hopefully it is retained in the anime adaption.
That'd be interesting, I think most people can agree that the political arc could've been much improved.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
The political arc has some very cool content so if they can tighten up the pacing next season should be great. And then the next one will be out of this world once they adapt the current material.

Oversoul

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Levi vs Kenny gonna be ace with sweet animation and dat Sawano.

I hope they improve their dialogue somewhat too.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The political arc has some very cool content so if they can tighten up the pacing next season should be great. And then the next one will be out of this world once they adapt the current material.
Yeah, it's a good thing he's sorting out a few things. The arc in the war is going to be incredible though. Kinda hope it includes both arcs and ends with them walking into the basement before it ends on that cliffhanger. Or maybe just show the photo and then close it off.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently rereading that arc and while I like it there are a lot of scenes that are just of characters sitting around discussing the state of the world or what they're going to be doing or what their enemies might do, etc. I remember sitting there thinking "man this would probably be boring to watch animated, some of these scenes would probably last at least half an episode"

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New chapter's out if you know where to look.

Eren pulling probably the most savage shit I've seen in this series to date.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda thought was obvious what was going to happen with Porco kinda charging conveniently out on his own, but it was still very rewarding to see.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me what the actual outcome of the Eden crushing the warhammer with the jaws titan actually was?

Was anything ingested?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
His eyes definitely glow
I think it was left amibiguous though on purpose although it probably happened.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Eren about to go
Super Titan when the Attack and Warhammer powers get merged.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Never mind

Edit: Eren has truly become a total savage, goddamn

Last edited:

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
holy fuck that was a brutal kill. Literally crushed her and drank the stuff

What should the Warhammer Titan know? Cuz that's now in play

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His eyes light up after ingesting the fluid in an identical manner to past scenes where he accessed memories.

He got her.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Image of the Jaw Titan, drawn in 1969:
tootsie_owl.jpg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What an amazing chapter.

Reiner. REINER! You son of a bitch, when did you become one of my favorite characters in the series.

Zetran

Oct 25, 2017
Eren that was brutal.... Porco kind of idiot and definitely going to get PTSD after this.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Welp damn Yeagerbombastic, you're too OP now. Getting dangerously closed into becoming a shonen manga XD
Anyways, another great chapter. This whole arc has been fantastic, just salivating at the thought of Wit animating the last couple of chapters.

Prediction:
Gabi will shoot one of the survey corps, too many red flags with the blimp scenario. Someone's gotta kick the bucket or at the very least get injured enough to become a prisoner of war. I'm guessing it will either be Jean or Connie, Potato girl stays alive to regret not shooting Gabi.

Titan Watch:
Team Eldia (Survey Corps):
1. Founding Titan (Controls Minless Titans): Currently held by Eren
2. Attack Titan (Attacks Titans): Currently held by Eren.
3. Warhammer Titan (Structural hardening, remote operation): Recently drank like fine wine by Eren.
4. Colossal Titan (Significant control over steam emission, enormous size): Currently held by Armin,
5. Female Titan (Agile and Hardening Skin): Based on the latest chapter, there's a high chance it's still inside Annie.

Team Marley:
6. Beast Titan (Powerful throwing, can turn people into Titans in which he can crudely control): Currently held by Zeke.
7. Jaw Titan (Powerful jaw strength, great speed): Currently held by Porco.
8. Cart Titan (High endurance, quadrupedal form): Currently held by Pieck.
9. Armored Titan (Armor like Hardened Skin): Currently held by Reiner.

Last edited:

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
The interesting parts of this chapter is that
this invasion was never the true end game. I honestly thought we wouldn't go back to Paradis before Marley was completely crippled. Also: is this the second time Jean hesitated to kill a human or was that Armin previously?

Also in terms of predictions/wishes:
If Sasha bites the dust, I will riot!

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You guys know what.......after seeing all of this Eren rampage.....i am still thinking Eren should quickly go back home and just retire lol. Stop being so edgy and go make some babies with Historia and Mikasa lol. That way, the future for those Titan users would be great.^_^

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eren is savage, god damn. I love how he thought of that dark, dark move on the fly after witnessing Galliard's ability to crush/break the crystal.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how Armin looks exactly same except he cut his hair. In fact, I think he got younger.

Also Eren's gives no fucks.

Last edited:

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Eren is a fucking beast lol.. damn, it's crazy how he is now. Curious what happens if they leave. Everyone comes to attack them shortly after? I was hoping everything would go down right now, but I'll take it.

giphy.gif

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

Eren is a muthafuckin savage. That was fucking amazing. So brutal. No fucks given. I can't believe our whiny useless MC became this man.

This Sawano OST makes the manga so much more hype. I'm rereading and I wanna hit the gym I have so much energy now lol

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Eren is a muthafuckin savage. That was fucking amazing. So brutal. No fucks given. I can't believe our whiny useless MC became this man.

This Sawano OST makes the manga so much more hype. I'm rereading and I wanna hit the gym I have so much energy now lol
I don't think Eren has ever been useless in any arc, he's just not as successful as most shonen main characters (ie.. they get undisputed plot win 90% because friendship or because they believe). That made him more interesting. I also don't think he was whiny, and he had a right to be pissed off. Then again people think Tidus from FFX is whiny AF, and I've never thought that but what do I know. :\

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Eren has ever been useless in any arc, he's just not as successful as most shonen main characters (ie.. they get undisputed plot win 90% because friendship or because they believe). That made him more interesting. I also don't think he was whiny, and he had a right to be pissed off. Then again people think Tidus from FFX is whiny AF, and I've never thought that but what do I know. :\
I've heard people continuously compare Eren to Shinji and I'm just like "wat.."