Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Stop worrying. He's a sad, pathetic man. He'll be a lame duck and if he does anything insane he will be muzzled.

KyleP29

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how painful/surreal it was watching Obama and Michelle introducing Trump and Melania into the White House? Now picture Trump doing the same for the Bidens.

I don't believe for a moment that Trump would ever show up to the swearing in ceremony and sit along side Obama and Bush nor participate in the handover with Biden and walk to the helicopter like we have traditionally seen between presidents.

He will likely go down to his golf course or whatever the weekend before and not bother to show up and instead hate tweet as he watches Biden get sworn in proclaiming the poor turnout just proves it all was rigged (Though i would love to see a strong turnout despite COVID just to rub it in his face)

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
he will lose if the votes are counted

I don't think they're going to count every vote

they're gonna fight mail in and it can get ugly

I dont see this... I feel that this Republican admin was dumb enough to telegraph this intent, but future Repub admins wont....

The telegraphing I think massively boosted early voting and in person ballot dropping nationwide. You have sports stadiums becoming voting locations and more. Trump and his team fucked it up by yelling their plans so loud that millions took precautions...

I dont think the next time Republicans try this will be the same. I think theyll be quiet if given the chance then try this shit at the buzzer after the votes are already cast.

I doubt Trump even shows up.
I think some part of Trump would relish playing the turd in the punchbowl, but on the whole, yeah, he's too much of a coward to show up at the inauguration if he loses. He'll spend the day hate-tweeting while watching FOX News.

I dont see this... I feel that this Republican admin was dumb enough to telegraph this intent, but future Repub admins wont....
Not that there won't always be a need to protect voting access (which is something that will surely be a legislative initiative in the next Congress), but the current vote-by-mail issue is a unique problem caused by the pandemic, not something that will be repeated in future administrations (fingers crossed).

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
In the HBO miniseries Years & Years, he
nukes china
on his last day in office. Obviously that's really dramatic, but this presidency has been stranger than fiction at every turn.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
What? Are you saying that he might spend his last two months sowing doubts about the election, or use the office to personally enrich himself, or enact policies that harm its citizens just like he's been doing for the past four years?

What exactly do you think he can do that he hasn't already done or isn't currently doing?

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm actually more terrified of Mitch and the Senate if they lose the majority. President dipshit doesn't have enough political know how to cause any lasting damage. Mitch does.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
dream scenario, he abdicates the throne and pence pardons him and it all looks shitty to everyone except the most die hard trumpers, who lets be honest, even if putin said "trump is an assett" they'd stay on

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If He plays the wrong move he can end up on trial by the united nations instead since no foreign entity would attack us because of trump if he is on his way out and instead they bring their case to the UN they can and will try him as human rights violations have occurred under his watch which makes him liable to be hung.

Isn't there a (ridiculous and very clearly evil) law that says the US would, like, free him by military force if they even arrested him for that to begin with?

Oct 25, 2017
800749.jpg

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Am not worried about Trump. He can't do SHIT

Am more worried about the idiotic followers. I fear there will def be chaos in the streets this holiday season.

It will be 2 months spent mounting a legal defense. I doubt he'll have time for much else. Or, he steps down and has Pence pardon him, in which case he can't do anything for that two months.

I'm a lot less worried about Trump himself than I am about the radical right wing terrorist cells that he has been stirring up for the last 4 years, but I think we all understand these people are all talk, and they do talk loudly and publicly, and I have no doubt the FBI is keeping tabs on them.

I agree, this is the crux of my concerns too. I'm not all that worried really about what Trump himself does so long as the results of the loss are proven valid, but the real problem is going to be him inciting his mouth-frothing base to commit violence in his name (without him doing it directly enough to be legally blamed for it, of course). Tempers will be running hot and I unfortunately expect a lot of racial violence to unfold.

His supporters aren't going to do a damn thing. I doubt that they'll risk going to jail or prison or even lose their lives over Trump.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Can he still do a ton of damage if the Republicans lose the senate? I think if Mark Kelly wins in AZ, he'd take the seat immediately, right? Are there any other cases like that?

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
He wont lose. The mail in ballots will be invalidated and the US will scream and moan but nothing will change. America is Trumps bitch and will stay that way. Its 2020, the worst timeline.

LOL, I can't tell if you're a troll or just a defeatist. He'll lose, he can't do anything about the ballots because it's the states that control that, not the Feds.

Dems get the Senate, the WH, keep the House, and have a shitton of things ready to go day one. 2020 is bad. 2021 is going to be great.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I'm far too concerned with Trump winning the election than I am to be too concerned about the awful things that might happen if he loses. We can get through the two months. Four more years we are completely fucked. He has to be voted out convincingly.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
You should be worried, because the republicans and Trump would have completely aligned goals of fucking the economy up as much and as irreversibly as possible to leave a steaming pile of shit for Biden to try and fix. And oh, they will blame him for it a week after he starts.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
He and the Senate Republicans will do whatever they can to fuck as much as possible up just as they've done at the state levels after losing. Thankfully it'll be a harder than it has been in states where they've held the governorship, senate and house.

If it does get to that point where he accepts defeat he will make up a reason why he's resigning so Pence can pardon him because the "deep state" will be coming for him.
Once he has definitively lost, and we're in the lame duck session, if he was smart he'd resign, and try to have Pence preemptively pardon him.

He's a moron and a narcissistic sociopath, so I generally doubt he would do that.

But who knows what he's willing to do to avoid the potential prosecution and jail time, once it is conclusive that he lost.
It will be 2 months spent mounting a legal defense. I doubt he'll have time for much else. Or, he steps down and has Pence pardon him, in which case he can't do anything for that two months.

I'm a lot less worried about Trump himself than I am about the radical right wing terrorist cells that he has been stirring up for the last 4 years, but I think we all understand these people are all talk, and they do talk loudly and publicly, and I have no doubt the FBI is keeping tabs on them.
dream scenario, he abdicates the throne and pence pardons him and it all looks shitty to everyone except the most die hard trumpers, who lets be honest, even if putin said "trump is an assett" they'd stay on

A Pence pardon isn't going to save him from state charges that are probably going to come after inauguration.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I am hoping his ire and attention is going to be on all the people suddenly distancing themselves from him.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
In the HBO miniseries Years & Years, he
nukes china
on his last day in office. Obviously that's really dramatic, but this presidency has been stranger than fiction at every turn.
What the fuck?

Ugh, why did I click that right before going to bed...

**Update and I just looked up what Years & Years is. It's intriguing as a Russel T. Davies series that aired on BBC and was funded by HBO, but I probably should have stopped reading past "nihilistic dystopian sci-fi drama" in the description. It sounds like a less horrifying version of Threads.

Last edited:

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
You're right to be scared because if he loses he's going to spend every day working towards invalidating the result.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Trump ain't nuking China, the military isn't gonna listen to that moron. Once he loses, the inclination for anyone but the most die hard of his administration to listen to him will fall with him. Instead everyone is gonna flee for the exits and pretend they didn't spend 4 years helping the worse thing to happen to the Republican Party.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
He's just going to sow more division in the country while he pouts on twitter about voter fraud and hoaxes. It's really not going to be any different than today

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like that is what scares me more than anything, what's he gonna do. The thought of him trying to take us down with him... terrifies me.

Try to do something bad, fuck it up and end up doing nothing at all?

The guy is barely trusted to sign his own name on a blank piece of paper.

The reality is these people want to be out of power. They will all make much more money and have zero accountability.

The transition will be quick, smooth and painless. Then the shit show really starts as they all sit back milking fear properly.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
You really can't underestimate just how tired Americans are of Trump. Even people voting for him want him to disappear.

I don't know what he will do but expect the vast majority to have a really unpleasant reaction to it.

Also the Trump name is thoroughly fucked, and for a company that relies so much on it, he going to have a rough time.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
GOP senators need to be reelected in 2022, they won't let him sink the ship. Hopefully.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
The saving grace of Trump's presidency has been his laziness and ineptitude.

We can only hope it continues to be so.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You really can't underestimate just how tired Americans are of Trump. Even people voting for him want him to disappear.

I don't know what he will do but expect the vast majority to have a really unpleasant reaction to it.

Also the Trump name is thoroughly fucked, and for a company that relies so much on it, he going to have a rough time.

Someone with actual money should just buy all the buildings with Trump on written on them and put Dump there instead. It'd be a funny gimmick - "Can't believe I'm staying at this dump!" they'd say - and it'd really upset ol' Trumpykins.

😏

Deleted member 82064

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
I think he is going to find himself alone soon as he loses. Republicans are going to distance themselves from him fast as they can and pretend they are all innocent.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He'll be too busy fleeing the country to avoid being arrested

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
The Devastation left behind from Clinton to George W. Bush was that they stole all the Ws from the keyboards.

In keeping with that tradition, I expect Trump to nuke half the country.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
The moment he loses election, most people will stop giving a shit about him. At least here in Europe, diplomatic interactions with the US will probably stop until Biden is president. The military probably won't take any stupid orders from him. Many republicans will turn on him to save face.

Sure his cultist base will still lick his boots,but my feeling is that he loses most of his powers when it's clear that Biden won.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I feel you OP. However two months of lame duck Trump are much less scary than over four years of lame duck Trump.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

The telegraphing I think massively boosted early voting and in person ballot dropping nationwide. You have sports stadiums becoming voting locations and more. Trump and his team fucked it up by yelling their plans so loud that millions took precautions...

I dont think the next time Republicans try this will be the same. I think theyll be quiet if given the chance then try this shit at the buzzer after the votes are already cast.

If anything, if enough seats are flipped, there are going to be some more safeguards added to make sure that its harder for them to do this in some areas in future elections. This election needs to be about not just fixing Trump's damage but preventing future republican branded fuckery