Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lawdddyyyy, please be good. Please don't be a super slog fest...

8393b603-5cfc-4379-940e-df186467f359_text.gif

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the reveal trailer tomorrow and then gameplay next month at Ubi Forward

MarbledJelly

May 24, 2022
Is the samurai black? And a woman in the game too? This will not go over well with some crowds.

"Why the forced diversity? Why no normal protagonist for those who don't want politics in their games?"

Trust me, it's already been going on for months since the initial leaks happened.

oh sorry - do you want the same gameplay AC has been bringing to the table for 15 years then?

It's entirely disingenuous to claim the franchise has had the same gameplay for the past 15 years especially since there has been a massive shift in the past 3(ish) games. Even beyond that you act like the only alternative is souls like gameplay and I really don't think it'd be a smart move for one of the biggest and most iconic video game franchises to shift to a gameplay style that can be very inaccessible to some people. Soulslike games are often great, but the gameplay is very much an acquired taste and not something a well-known franchise should venture into after 15 years of popularity outside of maybe a spinoff.

TurtleProxy

Sep 14, 2023
I'm sorry for my opinion, I played Valhalla, 3, and Black Flag. I didn't notice many huge jumps and just prefer Souls gameplay.

I am still interested in the setting.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I tend to prefer games where you just play as 1 protagonist primarily (or choose one), though if both characters have distinct play styles, I'd be surprised if missions aren't just designed around one character (perhaps with some that allow an option). Imagine you'd get some choice at least in terms of who you play as for open world content (though again some side content perhaps being exclusive to each character). Curious to see how it pans out.

Jun 2, 2019
They look very cool. I would be almost tempted to buy the game if it was complete on the disc and I didn't have to make a Ubisoft account in order to play it like Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, but I don't trust Ubisoft...

DrFreeman

Banned
May 9, 2020
Do AC games tend to require high specs?

Haven't played an AC game but this one might just pull me back in.

AC gameplay has changed several times, and from reports Shadows is going way further into stealth than it's ever gone.
Really?

If so, I'm in. I wanted Ghost of Tsushima to lean more into the stealth side (a la Tenchu) but it was pretty superficial at that.

Touha

Oct 27, 2017
I am really hoping the game will be great but I am very underwhelmed by this character art/design... I know I am perhaps in the minority on that.

Nov 28, 2017
I haven't been this excited for an Assassin's Creed game, since the second one.

Please PLEASE be good. šŸ™šŸ¼

Also, hopefully there's less Kōga vs Iga stereotype in this, since every piece of fictional media in existence has had this same old fuckin' trope and it's tiring.

I'm 99% sure they'll somehow tie-in the AC lore of Assassin's vs Knights Templar to the Kōga and Iga clans somehow lol

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Naoe doesn't seem to have a hidden blade, does Yasuke?

Thats what im wondering as well while Naoe's hidden blade was shown during the reveal teaser so she def has one, it remains to be seen if Yasuke will also have one, though given the fact that one character is stealth focused and the other is one is combat focused its possible only Naoe will have a hidden blade.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Yasuke and a female ninja, oh damn.

I really can't get excited in Ubisoft projects lately but this one takes it.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
will wait to see how they characterize yasuke, cuz I see the potential problematic elements coming from three blocks down

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I tried getting back into Odyssey today and bounced off pretty quickly.
Hope this one does things differently enough for me to take another leap of faith with the franchise.

Artwork looks dope af.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
I already know I'm gonna get this. AC in Japan has long been the dream. But I really hope they scaled it down a bit from the size of Valhalla. And if it's still that size, then it needs to be much, much better than Valhalla.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Here is bit more story info that leaked

STORY DETAILS:
  • Yasuke: j0nathan expands a bit more on his backstory. He starts off as a slave on a ship (deviation from bodyguarding a Jesuit in lore?). Said ship is invaded by a group of men (I'm assuming random pirates) and everyoneā€”including his wifeā€”is killed, and he's left for dead for days before he's found and brought to a temple in Japan. There, he learns about the samurai while in the service of Oda Nobunaga.
  • Corroborates an earlier leak of Hattori Hanzō. j0nathan speculates we'll get to see his death happen since he historically dies in 1597.
  • Naoe: Just a repeat of his earlier tweet about her name and backstory about the Order (has to be the Templars, not the Ancients) killing her father (even adds her entire family being added to that in the new video), and that pushes her to join the shinobi/Assassins (he actually says it's unclear to him about whether or not it's join or create, but it has to be join since the shinobi were already active for 200+ years).

Nasu

Feb 11, 2021
So I am guessing Shogunate = Templars while Ninjas = Assassin Order. Which makes me think are the two protagonists enemies or maybe enemies who turn into allies/friends?

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
Hell yeah that owns. Sucker Punch kind of beat everyone to the... punch with this, but I'm glad to finally see AC tackle this setting.

Jun 25, 2022
Really interested in what the actual game looks like.

Here is bit more story info that leaked

STORY DETAILS:
  • Yasuke: j0nathan expands a bit more on his backstory. He starts off as a slave on a ship (deviation from bodyguarding a Jesuit in lore?). Said ship is invaded by a group of men (I'm assuming random pirates) and everyoneā€”including his wifeā€”is killed, and he's left for dead for days before he's found and brought to a temple in Japan. There, he learns about the samurai while in the service of Oda Nobunaga.
  • Corroborates an earlier leak of Hattori Hanzō. j0nathan speculates we'll get to see his death happen since he historically dies in 1597.
  • Naoe: Just a repeat of his earlier tweet about her name and backstory about the Order (has to be the Templars, not the Ancients) killing her father (even adds her entire family being added to that in the new video), and that pushes her to join the shinobi/Assassins (he actually says it's unclear to him about whether or not it's join or create, but it has to be join since the shinobi were already active for 200+ years).
Sounds intriguing. Great setting.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think this is the second best behind 3. To be fair, AC isn't a series I think off when I think "incredible box art"

The red here is very striking

I hope it isnt final cuz it looks like keyart but isnt composed like a cover.

Rogue was amazing:
maximilien-albert-035.jpg

Origins - Kinda set up the scale of the game we were about to play
Assassins-Creed-Origins.jpg

Odysseys Reversible was dope
aco-cover-art.jpg

Assassins Creed 3 was fire as fuck:
9fdb8b25382330.5604c1bfb3b6d.jpg

But this one.
Nahhh mane.
Nah.

Come to think of it.
All the pre RPG games had really dope covers.
I loved the composition of them.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I'm all for this setting but if it's the same ol' game structure as the last three of these then I dunno if thats enough to get me back in.