Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's sad, and it's dead. It's time to move on and let go.

This is absolutely incorrect in every word. I've got PT on my PS4 and it's very much as alive as it was the day I first downloaded it. I mean sure, I haven't played it in years, but knowing the runaround to replace it I won't be deleting the game any time soon.

Jan 4, 2018
Assuming there has been no official news about file transfers between PS4 and PS5... but if I wanted to take a punt what do you do? Just stick your hard drive in and press "backup" ?
I know people have already answered this, but here's the official response from Sony:
Sony said:
How do PS4 game transfers and game saves work between the two consoles?
You can transfer digital games, game data, and game saves from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using LAN cables, or by connecting wirelessly (WiFi). If you've already stored PS4 games and game data in the external USB storage device connected to your PS4, you can bring them over to PS5 with that external USB storage device. And if you are a PS Plus member, you can also sync PS4 game saves on PS5 through cloud storage.
PlayStation Blog
So games and saves can be transferred via external USB storage, LAN, or Wifi.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
There has been official word, you can copy the game to an external drive.
I know people have already answered this, but here's the official response from Sony:

PlayStation Blog
So games and saves can be transferred via external USB storage, LAN, or Wifi.

Huh, I missed the statements on that. Thanks for the info!

I guess I better double check what's on my external HDD and transfer any bits missing before I sell the thing.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Is it possible to transfer P.T. using a pen drive?

250 GB

Requirements for an External Storage Device
Minimum of 250 GB and a maximum of 8 TB capacity. Only one external device can be used at a time. You will get an error message, if the same application is installed on the system storage and the external storage device.

If your USB is 250+ GB big, probably

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just to put this not compatible theory to rest, the new https://library.playstation.com/ web site has an API which it is accessing to determine the backwards compatibility state of a game. You can see the requests it makes if you have the developer panel open in your browser.

Anyway if you put in one of the IDs used for P.T it returns a compatible result:
revgiYM.png

And to verify it's actually working as intended, if you put the ID of a known incompatible title like Hitman Go it returns not compatible:
elCaX6r.png

So P.T is very much playable on the PS5 through BC as long as you have it on your PS4 and can transfer it.
If I go to that URL I can see P.T. listed in my library and there is Download to PS4 button. Does the button work for people who deleted it from their consoles? Not willing to test myself as I don't want to delete P.T.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
If I go to that URL I can see P.T. listed in my library and there is Download to PS4 button. Does the button work for people who deleted it from their consoles? Not willing to test myself as I don't want to delete P.T.
This seems to be what happens if you try:

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
250 GB

Requirements for an External Storage Device
Minimum of 250 GB and a maximum of 8 TB capacity. Only one external device can be used at a time. You will get an error message, if the same application is installed on the system storage and the external storage device.

If your USB is 250+ GB big, probably

Oh nevermind then lol

I'll probably will need to do a direct transfer from PS4 then.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017

Only if you use the proxy method that's been posted a few times in this thread already. If you try to download it without that enabled then it will just fail to download as Sony no longer hosts the files for the game on their servers.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Just to put this not compatible theory to rest, the new https://library.playstation.com/ web site has an API which it is accessing to determine the backwards compatibility state of a game. You can see the requests it makes if you have the developer panel open in your browser.

Anyway if you put in one of the IDs used for P.T it returns a compatible result:
revgiYM.png

And to verify it's actually working as intended, if you put the ID of a known incompatible title like Hitman Go it returns not compatible:
elCaX6r.png

So P.T is very much playable on the PS5 through BC as long as you have it on your PS4 and can transfer it.

Out of interest has this now changed to showing as "Not Compatible" on the PS Store with the news that the latest pre-release update makes it unable to launch?

Thanks

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Has there ever been a worse video game publisher? I struggle to think of any.

I don't think they know what a video game is anymore. They're encouraging the resell market.

I wanted to sell my ps4 to cover the cost of a ps5, but now I don't know what to do. I suppose I can keep a backup on an external and either get a cheap slim in the future or hope someone can re-enable compatibility.