Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just to put this not compatible theory to rest, the new https://library.playstation.com/ web site has an API which it is accessing to determine the backwards compatibility state of a game. You can see the requests it makes if you have the developer panel open in your browser.

Anyway if you put in one of the IDs used for P.T it returns a compatible result:
revgiYM.png

And to verify it's actually working as intended, if you put the ID of a known incompatible title like Hitman Go it returns not compatible:
elCaX6r.png

So P.T is very much playable on the PS5 through BC as long as you have it on your PS4 and can transfer it.

Awesome detective work, someone tag this poster.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
So it looks like the author of SUWI has updated it recently to fix the Squid problems folks have been getting:

SUWI 2020 Download P.T.

Redownload P.T. Silent Hills on PS5, PS4 Pro, PS4

But the problem for me still exists where every time I try to download it gets blocked via antivirus (both Kaspersky and Windows Defender). Same problem as I reported over a year ago:

www.resetera.com

Man hacks the camera in PT to terrifying results.

Thaks both! Also, every time I try to download Suwi it gives me a Trojan virus warning and blocks the download, from several different links. After I downloaded it Kaspersky deleted it. Is this a false positive? Or does anyone have a safe version they know of they can link to? EDIT: Never mind...

I mean, if Eurogamer can report this method I would assume it's safe, but then why is it flagged by multiple AVs as containing a Trojan?
How are your PC and your PS4 connected? Do they have to be on the same wired network?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Can't wait til the PS5 launch thread, and the first major topic is everyone sweating as they transfer PT over to the new console.

I am sending you all my energy. \o/

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Found a way to add P.T. do your download queue on the PS4 through official means but it seems it doesn't download it according to this post.

I can't see if anyone has pointed it out yet but it seems you might be able to redownload (if you have in the past downloaded it) P.T. through official means to your PS4 now via the Library feature on the new PS Store. If you go to Recent Purchases and find it there, you can click on Download and then select PS4. After that it will appear in your Downloads.

Télécharger = Download
aqhW41J.png

Téléchargements = Downloads
En attente = waiting
A3EtrVd.png

I'm too scared to delete my copy of P.T. so I won't verify if it works myself but it seems it should.

Last edited:

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Just to put this not compatible theory to rest, the new https://library.playstation.com/ web site has an API which it is accessing to determine the backwards compatibility state of a game. You can see the requests it makes if you have the developer panel open in your browser.

Anyway if you put in one of the IDs used for P.T it returns a compatible result:
revgiYM.png

And to verify it's actually working as intended, if you put the ID of a known incompatible title like Hitman Go it returns not compatible:
elCaX6r.png

So P.T is very much playable on the PS5 through BC as long as you have it on your PS4 and can transfer it.
...don't give me hope.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

revgiYM.png

elCaX6r.png

giphy.webp

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish everyone would just move on from P.T.

It's never gonna be more than a demo that should've released. Keeping it around is just torturing yourselves. And even if the fans get what they want and it becomes a real game, it'll never live up to expectations and never have Kojima involved.

Just rip the band aid off. It'll be easier.

Don't understand this mentality at all. The way people frame it as the "demo" for something else - which it never was, it was always an interactive teaser with elements rumored to be very separate from the intended gameplay of Silent Hills - is odd because PT is so thoroughly its own complete experience.

People enjoy what PT currently is, no other unreleased media necessary, and would like there to be a future where it doesn't become near impossible to play if/when we want to revisit it.

Nobody scolds people for wanting to own a SNES to play their old games, but somehow wanting to be able to archive PT gets under people's skin.

indask8

Oct 28, 2017

revgiYM.png

elCaX6r.png

Shhhhh, Konami might email Sony to mark P.T as not compatible out of spite.

But at least it means there's nothing hardware related that makes the game not compatible, so even if it ends up not compatible, when the PS5 is eventually "opened" it should run.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

revgiYM.png

elCaX6r.png

Boom. Lol

Jan 4, 2018
I can't see if anyone has pointed it out yet but it seems you might be able to redownload (if you have in the past downloaded it) P.T. through official means to your PS4 now via the Library feature on the new PS Store. If you go to Recent Purchases and find it there, you can click on Download and then select PS4. After that it will appear in your Downloads.

Télécharger = Download
aqhW41J.png

Téléchargements = Downloads
En attente = waiting
A3EtrVd.png

I'm too scared to delete my copy of P.T. so I won't verify if it works myself but it seems it should.
It puts it into my download queue on my actual PS4 but comes up with an error:

An error occurred on the server.
(HTTP Status Code : 403)
(CE-40851-8)

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just used the Proxy trick to redownload PT and it worked like a charm

huge thanks to whomever has posted it in the past.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY

revgiYM.png

elCaX6r.png

Great job! Actually some detective work lol.

OP never made sense because Konami hasn't officially tested PT on actual PS5 hardware and they would never do it because it was a teaser for a project from a guy they likely still don't like. They are not the ones to confirm its current working state.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

revgiYM.png

elCaX6r.png

Good stuff!

AJUK

May 28, 2019
I'm going to sell my pro, it has PT on, is there a way I can do this without people having access to my ps account?

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
It's amazing how much people are selling the system with it on it, how long is this demo? I wonder if it's worth tracking down a physical copy of Driveclub since I don't have it.

Bovandy

Aug 15, 2019
Shocked.gif

Can't honestly understand, why any of you thought otherwise.

Fuck what? Why are you even a little surprised by this?
Yeah, I'm not sure what the dream was here. "I sure hope that Sony makes a game you can't even play on the PS4 unless you downloaded it before they removed it, will make it playable on the PS5" seemed like an unrealistic dream.

RobertM

Oct 31, 2017

revgiYM.png

elCaX6r.png

Looking at this query, I bet it can be spoofed to return whatever response you're looking for. There has to be a local database in the system files that they will have to check, otherwise you could just bypass it by staying offline.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Sweet! I used that latest SUWI version SpotAnime posted and I was able to get P.T. downloaded and on a USB drive. It's the perfect Halloween game and now I'm ready for PS5 too!

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017

revgiYM.png

elCaX6r.png

Just as expected. Thanks for doing the job the experts of the gaming media were not capable of doing.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

revgiYM.png

elCaX6r.png

Tbh, i don't see why P.T. won't be compatible. If it was the case it could have been since the PS4 Pro but the later even helped the game profit from boost mode and I expect the same on PS5 with its boost mode and you can solve the final puzzle without even hooking up a wired controller or the calmera since you will be using the mic of the DS. I bet even feedback will be amazing even when not natively supported.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like the author of SUWI has updated it recently to fix the Squid problems folks have been getting:

SUWI 2020 Download P.T.

Redownload P.T. Silent Hills on PS5, PS4 Pro, PS4

But the problem for me still exists where every time I try to download it gets blocked via antivirus (both Kaspersky and Windows Defender). Same problem as I reported over a year ago:

www.resetera.com

Man hacks the camera in PT to terrifying results.

Thaks both! Also, every time I try to download Suwi it gives me a Trojan virus warning and blocks the download, from several different links. After I downloaded it Kaspersky deleted it. Is this a false positive? Or does anyone have a safe version they know of they can link to? EDIT: Never mind...

I mean, if Eurogamer can report this method I would assume it's safe, but then why is it flagged by multiple AVs as containing a Trojan?
This would be great except it also doesn't work.

Original Method = Copy failed
This one = System error 1067 has occurred

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming there has been no official news about file transfers between PS4 and PS5... but if I wanted to take a punt what do you do? Just stick your hard drive in and press "backup" ?

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Totally worked for me a couple of days ago.
Just finally got it to work. No idea how. Just an immense amount of fiddling. Several redownloads, etc.

Windows defender, even when disabled was getting in the way. Chrome, Firefox, and Edge were all trying to block the download. I kept having to restart my PC, then it would remove the downloads, said I had a trojan. Then, I went into services, it was failing repeatedly, tried installing both kinds again, still got the copy error. The new version wouldn't even bring up the CMD screen anymore. Restarted the services in services.msc several times, and now it's working.

WTF.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Just finally got it to work. No idea how. Just an immense amount of fiddling. Several redownloads, etc.

Windows defender, even when disabled was getting in the way. Chrome, Firefox, and Edge were all trying to block the download. I kept having to restart my PC, then it would remove the downloads, said I had a trojan. Then, I went into services, it was failing repeatedly, tried installing both kinds again, still got the copy error. The new version wouldn't even bring up the CMD screen anymore. Restarted the services in services.msc several times, and now it's working.

WTF.

Yeah I bet antivirus is the problem, since both Windows Defender and Kaspersky flagged it as a Trojan and immediately quarantined and removed the files. I had to turn off both for it to work.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I bet antivirus is the problem, since both Windows Defender and Kaspersky flagged it as a Trojan and immediately quarantined and removed the files. I had to turn off both for it to work.
Well, I have it now. It works, and it's on my external SSD. It'll be interesting to see how things go 11-12.

Thanks for the help.