MORE GOOD NEWS
  • SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
    USA USA USA
    steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Artifact Classic :: Under Construction

First off, we wanted to say thanks for all of your tweets, emails and posts. The continued interest in Artifact has been encouraging, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback! You might notice some changes soon – we are starting tests on our systems and infrastructure. This shouldn’t...

i mean the base game is already bold, tbh

plus it has better art than anything league has ever put out, which is a HUGE fuckin bonus

second best card game in existence after ashes: rise of the phoenixborn

don't @ me cause if you disagree you're wrong
    the dota art across all of it's games and spinoffs has always been some of the best in the business

MO(O)NDAY
  • gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
    Toscana, Italy
    It's happening!! https://steamcommunity.com/games/583950/announcements/detail/2102558993190369211

This week we wanted to talk about the Artifact Beta 2.0, what it will include, and when it will happen.

We've been focusing on gameplay changes first. The biggest change is zooming out to allow players access to all three lanes at once. The majority of effects still work on individual lanes so they still maintain their identity, but it's less likely that a player will get shut out in the same way they used to.

We've also focused on making the game easier to pick up. We aren't selling cards, so you won't face an opponent with a stacked deck. We've also added a new draft mode, Hero Draft, that gives you a taste of constructing decks without all the pressure.

The beta will exist as a new executable and access will be granted to individual accounts. When we are ready to send out invites we will let you know the process.

Here's the current road-map:
    1. Test boring stuff <- We are here
    2. Trickle out invites, starting with players of the original release (ramping up similar to Dota 2)
    3. Work on the Beta, eventually transitioning to an open beta
    4. Leave Beta (hopefully quicker than Dota 2)

FAQ:
    Q. I didn't play the original. If I buy the original game now, will I be able to get in?
    A. No, we will prioritize people who purchased before today's date.

Q. I played the original, will I have access to my stats, cards, decks, etc. from the original game?
    A. In the new version cards are unlocked through play. Individual cards are likely to have been changed, removed, or brand new; so old decks and stats wouldn't be valid.

Q. Can I buy cards/packs in the Beta?
    A. We have some ideas about what we'd like to sell, but none of them are cards/packs.

Q. I'm a member of the press, a celebrity, a streamer, an influencer, a pro gamer, etc. Can I get in?
    A. Selection will be mostly random. So… maybe?

Looking forward
  • Hektor

Community Resettler
    Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    Deutschland
    playartifact.com

Artifact on Steam

Artifact now features two games: Artifact Classic, the original Dota 2 trading card game, and Artifact Foundry, a special edition with streamlined gameplay, new cards, new single-player content, and an improved new player experience.

Deployment Deep Dive
  • Hektor

Community Resettler
    Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    Deutschland
    playartifact.com

Artifact on Steam

Artifact now features two games: Artifact Classic, the original Dota 2 trading card game, and Artifact Foundry, a special edition with streamlined gameplay, new cards, new single-player content, and an improved new player experience.

beta 2.0
  • Hektor

Community Resettler
    Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    Deutschland
    playartifact.com

Artifact on Steam

Here's the updated road-map:
    1. Test boring stuff
    2. Trickle out invites, starting with players of the original release <- We are here
    3. Work on the Beta, eventually transitioning to an open beta
    4. Leave Beta
    Emails will appear by
    NEXT WEEK

⭐⭐⭐BETA 2.0 signup page⭐⭐⭐
  • gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
    Toscana, Italy
    Apparently you need to sign up for the beta? I thought they were sending out invites to people who own the original game?

playartifact.com

Artifact on Steam

Game over folks 🪦
  • gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
    Toscana, Italy
    dead game, officially

Artifact, the Dota 2 card game, shipped in November of 2018. Despite good initial sales, our player count fell off pretty dramatically. This warranted a shift from the service/update development model we'd planned to a full reevaluation of the game's mechanics and economy.

It's now been about a year and a half since the current Artifact team began work on a reboot in earnest. While we're reasonably satisfied we accomplished most of our game-side goals, we haven't managed to get the active player numbers to a level that justifies further development at this time. As such, we've made the tough decision to stop development on the Artifact 2.0 Beta.

store.steampowered.com

Artifact - The Future of Artifact - Steam News

Artifact, the Dota 2 card game, shipped in November of 2018. Despite good initial sales, our player count fell off pretty dramatically. This warranted a shift from the service/update development model we'd planned to a full reevaluation of the game's mechanics and economy. It's now been about a...