Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
1*NZbz63WenLrHWsNAcOrYsg.png

Huh, I'm surprised white girls placed Latino men in second.

I wonder how much white Latinos affect that rating.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Heh, I've gotten that question. I tend to be mistaken for Hispanic a bunch though and weed people out that way as well.
If me being Hispanic was a deal breaker for you, yeah ya racist and I don't want to talk to your ass.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
On gay apps "preferences" are the worst and people are just outright racist. I'm black and very clearly a black person I'm not light skinned so it's clear I'm a black person to everyone. Sometimes I mess around with people and I would tell them I was blatino and they would be down. It's just being a black American that a lot of these guys hate and it's always disgusting.

_id

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Are there really dating profiles that say "no blacks" on them? Ive been on Okcupid and Tinder and have yet to see it.
Don't get me wrong I believe it, but Ive yet to run across it. Thats fucked up.

The worst thing Ive seen is someone put "Im really racist so if youre not white Im not going to date you" at the end of their profile.

They don't necessarily say "no blacks" but there is quite a few, especially on okcupid that will say "prefer insert race"

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing against you homie but I dislike how some of our people feel this need to be accepted by other ethnicities. If those same folks don't on those dating sites don't want to date you then skate on til you find one that does..you or anyone else don't need validation or acceptance. Everybody got somebody out there for them...even if it takes a while to find them/them finding you

Its especially rough now with the constant racial tension in the media but if you're getting constant road blocks then look elsewhere. Now...if you are specifically attracted to those outside of your ethnicity then that might be an issue if its something you aren't willing to adapt on

Now, I'm not saying any of this applies to you but if it does I hope you find some strength in it whilst you are trying to find love

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten the "it's too bad that you're black or we could date" thing before.

OP
OP
eKongDiddy

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City

See charts like this just makes it seem like it's everywhere. Black men and women are in the red for every other race except themselves. This can't just be "preferences". I think it's just a long history of society saying "People below this skin tone are less attractive". A lot of people don't see it as racism/bigotry/prejudice though. No one is saying you have to date anyone, but at least know why you feel that way towards that person.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Better to cancel them early on. Don't wanna be classed as one of their good ones and then see some fucked up shit a few months down the line. I'm not trying to shack up with Claytonette Bigsby.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The best ones are the ones that ask for your race after you shown them a faceless photo. Like he's trying to hope that Im just Mexican or something other than black. One of these days Im just gonna say Latino just to fuck with them lol

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Seems like a bizarre ass question since dating sites have pics

Unless your race is ambiguous in pics then yea that's rly rly weird

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a bizarre ass question since dating sites have pics

Unless your race is ambiguous in pics then yea that's rly rly weird

His Grindr profile does not have a picture. You can tell because it's blank next to the screenname.

(He may have taken the picture off before screenshotting due to privacy concerns, but you don't need a pic for Grindr either way.)

This data shows racial bias is not exclusive to white people, are black women racist for not liking white men (based on this data, not generally) ?

Exclusively saying no blacks or any race is a display of overt racial bias in a nasty way.

Black women don't like white men because they tend to be racist.

I wouldn't call it a racist. More like a bias.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
If I was ever using a dating app and saw a profile that said "whites only" or "no blacks" or anything to that affect I would never ever under any circumstance talk to that person.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Dating sites are terrible

I think it's possible to not be attracted to certain physical features and skin color is no different.

I'm generally not attracted to black girls (much like I'm generally not attracted to blonde "supermodel"-y looking chicks), but there are always exceptions. I'm also relatively average height-wise, it ain't the greatest for online dating so if a girl mentions height preferences on her profile I just save myself some time and swipe left.

I'm the same. I've always been more attracted to white women, and it's something that has always been the case. However I wouldn't say no to going on a date with someone from another race, nor would I ever put an exclusion in my profile, and I don't click yes to just white women on the meet me things though they make up the majority. I just have my preference and those are the women I usually message, though messaging and luck are two different things.

I often see women post that they'll only date someone who's taller than them or someone who's 6 feet tall and above, and I laugh. I can't believe someone would exclude so many people based off of just one thing like that. What if their ideal mate ends up only being 5'10?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Or, in my experience, they're stealth prostitutes who don't want black people because their pimps say black dudes don't pay up often enough or try to low ball.

I've encountered a lot of prostitutes on dating apps/sites, but I live in Vegas, so of course I have.
Soooooo.... because they are racist.

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
An ethnicity based bias, which, if we assume attraction is something controlled by the person, may be considered racist. Reasons are not stated in the graph, but black women also rate latino men and especially asian men negative - the latter moreso than white men. In fact, black women are the only group in that graph that has full diagonal preference: They are the only group with positive bias towards only one group - their own - and negative bias towards all others.

Interstingly, for women, both, being asian and being latino appears to be preferrential over being white (and especially over being black).

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I think we learn through society what's generally accepting. Do racist stuff, don't think of it as racist.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of any other race that expierences this as much, or to this extent, as black people.
I dunno, man. Maybe this is just a matter of the grass being greener on the other side but even though there's quite a lot of prejudice against black men, there's a substantial amount of fetishism too. I remember trying to get dates through apps back when I was single and it was nigh impossible as an East Asian male. I can only imagine how tough it is for South East Asian guys. But in my subjective experience, neither are as discriminated against in the dating scene as black women (unless they're like drop dead gorgeous, but that exception applies to everyone lol)

Malakai

Oct 27, 2017
The OP is using an app used by gay guys. In the U.S. white gay men are notoriously racist towards blacks.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I hate how normalised these attitudes are in the communities for some dating apps. Even though I have a profile picture of my white face on Tinder, for some reason I've still had people go to my account and ask me if I'm black (to use one of the less slurry ways they put it). I'm aware that I'm only seeing a very small fraction of these toxic attitudes - this is a big problem.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm mixed race but I would avoid any profile which made a point to exclude any race.

I can't deal with girls like that

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
I think that people have a responsibility, regardless of their own race fitting the bill or not, to avoid these blatantly racist people.

OP
OP
eKongDiddy

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
His Grindr profile does not have a picture. You can tell because it's blank next to the screenname.

(He may have taken the picture off before screenshotting due to privacy concerns, but you don't need a pic for Grindr either way.)

No in the message tab it will only show you the picture of the person who is messaging you. A picless person messaged me asking if I was black. I have a picture on my profile and my profile also says hat I'm black.

Oct 25, 2017
Alienating someone from dating based on he color of their skin isn't preference, it's racism.

From dating me? No, that IS a preference that every individual can choose for his or her self.

But if you call it racist then what can I say? I guess I am by your definition. Nothing I can do.

Edit: Oh, I see. We're talking about assholes who straight up say "No blacks". Yeah no. Have to be polite than that.

Last edited:

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe homosexual black males should stop searching for their own Chris and get them a Chadwick. Stop the self hate and stay with your own imho.

What is this 1500s line of thinking lol. Stay with your own, nah from a numbers standpoint you're killing your opportunities.

Black women don't like white men because they tend to be racist.

Bro you need to chill

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly though, if we just treat each other like human beings then all of this can be avoided. Respect everyone regardless of their race. Don't be offensive like "No black" or saying the n-word when you aren't black. Things like that.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not equally attracted, on a sexual level, to women of all races. guess i'm a racist now.

fwiw, white people are much less likely to be attracted to me too because of my race. oh well!

This is weird.

Are you attracted to particular races or to particular facial features more commonly found in some races?

I would assume that it's the latter, and if so, facial features are not exclusive to particular races so straight up saying "no x" sounds pretty racist yeah.

Oct 25, 2017
This is weird.

Are you attracted to particular races or to particular facial features more commonly found in some races?

I would assume that it's the latter, and if so, facial features are not exclusive to particular races so straight up saying "no x" sounds pretty racist yeah.

Just had a thought. Perhaps it isn't color that can put me off from a person, but features that are more commonly found in some races.

Just because that might be true doesn't mean I can't entertain the idea of dating someone of a different color.

I agree I do need to be more open.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hispanic guy here, with relatively lighter skin tone. Used to use dating apps and sites, and from my own experience, black women would almost never respond to me. I had several (I think 3 or 4?) instances where they flat out said I was too light-skinned for them, at least one outright implying that my member likely being small because of my skin tone was a factor. I did end up meeting current girlfriend on a dating site, and she's Afro-Latina, for what that's worth, though.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Racism in it's finest.

Thankfully there are tons of women who are into black guys or just open. Ignore the idiots and move forward op. Sad to see people filling up bios with stuff like that but hopefully they don't appear too often

Nov 17, 2017
See charts like this just makes it seem like it's everywhere. Black men and women are in the red for every other race except themselves. This can't just be "preferences". I think it's just a long history of society saying "People below this skin tone are less attractive". A lot of people don't see it as racism/bigotry/prejudice though. No one is saying you have to date anyone, but at least know why you feel that way towards that person.
People who say they don't date certain races or aren't attracted to them really do need to ask themselves why.

Everytime there's a thread like this, people rush in defending themselves saying "I prefer X race, you can't control sexual preference, I'm just not attracted to Y race." As if it's just some unexplainable phenomenon. Except people never seem to think about where those preferences come from and how we develop them. How stereotypes and beauty standards can and do form our sexual preferences.

Basically if you grow up thinking that a specific race is less than or bad in some way you will probably have a "preference" against dating them. You just have to take one look at that data and see that maybe something is up when these unexplainable sexual preferences seem to skew towards black women and Asian men being less "preferred" than everyone else. If a racial sexual preference was just some random dice roll when you hit puberty, that data would be pretty equally spread across all races.