eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
0d610a6c-ed16-48d2-bx6jwb.jpeg

Why does it always seems like being black is a "negative" on dating or hookup apps. You always see profiles that say "No blacks" or "Only interested in these races" and it always ends up being every race except for black. I've seen profiles where their bio is nothing but talking about how they aren't into blacks. Then ones that say "only white" but will accept anyone above a certain skin tone.

Having preferences is one thing, but there has to be a line somewhere. Whenever that question comes up, the other person always ends up blocking you or ghosting after they find out your race. Always dealing with people like this will make people think something is wrong with them when there isn't.

I can't think of any other race that expierences this as much, or to this extent, as black people.

In this particular case, I have a picture on my profile. It lists my race as well. There's no way this person didn't see that I was black. I have been mistaken for other races, but come on.

Oct 25, 2017
You always see profiles that say "No blacks" or "Only interested in these races" and it always ends up being every race except for black. I've seen profiles where their bio is nothing but talking about how they aren't into blacks. Then ones that say "only white" but will accept anyone above a certain skin tone.

I feel like that's a pretty good thing cause it saves you time.
I wish people would just write "I'm a shitty asshole" in their dating profiles all the time, would've saved me some time.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
"Why does it always seems like being black is a "negative" on dating or hookup apps." Institutional racism
"You always see profiles that say "No blacks" or "Only interested in these races" and it always ends up being every race except for black." Because of institutional racism
"Whenever that question comes up, the other person always ends up blocking you or ghosting after they find out your race." Because they're racist

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
They save you time regardless so just write them off. Not even worth being bothered over.

That said that idiot who couldn't even be bothered to read your profile lol.

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i'm not equally attracted, on a sexual level, to women of all races. guess i'm a racist now.

fwiw, white people are much less likely to be attracted to me too because of my race. oh well!

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm I remember reading an article that was posted on Gaf a while ago that stated that black women and asian men have it the worst on dating sites. I can understand only wanting to date within your culture, but if you're open to dating every other race and restricting only one then yeah that's racist.

Glendemonium

May 21, 2018
I'm half black, but I sometimes get lumped in with blacks thanks to growing up in the Mohave.

(also get mistaken for Mexican and Middle eastern if I shave my entire head.)

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Yup, back when I was online dating I'd see that a lot, especially of PoF which was a website that seemed to attract... uh, certain types.

I get that some people tend to be less attracted to certain ethnicities, but anyone who categorically swears off an ethnicity and writes "No [x]" in their profile always comes off as racist.

i'm not equally attracted, on a sexual level, to women of all races. guess i'm a racist now.

Oh, chill out with this. It's one thing to be more attracted to one ethnicity than another, and another thing to say "No [x]", or look at someone's profile pic and still find it necessary to ask them what their race is.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there really dating profiles that say "no blacks" on them? Ive been on Okcupid and Tinder and have yet to see it.
Don't get me wrong I believe it, but Ive yet to run across it. Thats fucked up.

The worst thing Ive seen is someone put "Im really racist so if youre not white Im not going to date you" at the end of their profile.

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
It's the main reason why I don't bother with grindr. If you're not toned white/latin dude with a 10inch cock, people don't nothing to do with you.

On the flip side, if you're black, you have to be a muscle thug with a 10 inch cock, or else people don't want nothing to do with you.

Thank god i'm Bi.

Oct 25, 2017
You always see profiles that say "No blacks" or "Only interested in these races" and it always ends up being every race except for black. I've seen profiles where their bio is nothing but talking about how they aren't into blacks. Then ones that say "only white" but will accept anyone above a certain skin tone.

Is it really that common? I never touched a dating app ever. Seems like a pretty shit thing to put in your profile but racists are pretty shit.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Hmm I remember reading an article that was posted on Gaf a while ago that stated that black women and asian men have it the worst on dating sites. I can understand only wanting to date within your culture, but if you're open to dating every other race and restricting only one then yeah that's racist.
I don't know about that. These are people you will spend a lot of time with. If you don't enjoy a certain culture you shouldn't have to feel obligated to get involved with someone in the culture.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Yes.

As for what you said OP, best to ignore those ignorant enough to judge you based on if you're black or not. You don't need them in your life, straight up.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know about that. These are people you will spend a lot of time with. If you don't enjoy a certain culture you shouldn't have to feel obligated to get involved with someone in the culture.
But it's not like a certain race will have the same culture. For instance someone from South Asia will have a different culture from someone from East Asia, same with black people, hispanics, etc.. They don't all have the same culture. So saying stuff like "No Asians" "No Blacks" etc. does come off pretty bad to me.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Are there really dating profiles that say "no blacks" on them? Ive been on Okcupid and Tinder and have yet to see it.
Don't get me wrong I believe it, but Ive yet to run across it. Thats fucked up.

I don't remember seeing it a lot on OKCupid, where I found my current girlfriend. But sometimes I'd browse on PoF and I'd definitely see it there.

But PoF also had much lower quality profiles in general, at least in my area. Profiles that were low on content, sometimes overly aggressive/hostile, more often filled with typos and grammatical errors than on other services. So, I don't know if it was a case of the people on OKCupid being more open to dating black dudes, or just knowing the optics of admitting that they weren't.

I don't even know what this means. Black men don't all have the same shared background. Asian women don't all have the same shared background. If someone says they're devoutly Catholic and conservative, you can assume certain things about their beliefs and cultures. If someone is Asian, you can't.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Do you really think all black people have the same culture? Really now?
No. I think it's okay to have a preference when it comes to finding someone you could be in a life long relationship with. It just should just go unsaid and you shouldn't make people feel bad or offend anyone like in the OP. That's all.

OP
OP
eKongDiddy

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
You related to Clementine?

Man I wish!

Is it really that common? I never touched a dating app ever. Seems like a pretty shit thing to put in your profile but racists are pretty shit.

In my area it is. Some people will put stuff like "Looking for like-minded people" or "Looking for same" as a low-key way of saying. I had a screenshot of one profile that was obtuse as heck.

His entire profile was about no blacks. It's like, ok, but why is your entire profile about a race you don't want? What makes anyone want to meet with you if that's what your entire focus is on.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
To be honest it's a good thing they advertise it up front so you don't waste your time and normal people can avoid them like the plague.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Annnd ,we already have a defence force and an instance of. The Blacks™

This thread is going to end well.